[Video] TR medic part 2 (Biolab)

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by Matti, May 19, 2013.

1. Matti

Hi all!

Here is part 2 of my medic gameplay videos and as the title say, we are in a biolab.
    It is actually from the same gameplay, I just had to split the videos into two, otherwise
    it would have been too long.

I hope you will enjoy it.
  2. CrimsonDaemon

Another good video. Keep up the good work.
    • Up x 1
  3. Matti

I'm glad you like it, thanks a lot =)
  4. Hewter

Is this really a medic video ? it takes you so long to go revive people and you revive them only if you dont have anyone around to kill . Is like your medic role is the last thing you think about while playing. You use it as a secondary source of exp. There are times in the video that there are dead icons all around the map and you dont even move a step to them.

But yeah, you aim well, but you are better making heavy assault videos. Personally for my team , i prefer a medic with high K/D ratio who kill everything around and res/heal also , but this is too much sorry.
  5. GSZenith

you are to used to having leon killing everyone in the room, knifing the last 2 player before rezing everyone :( (unless i manage to tap hin with blackjack)

bad medics tries to rez first.
    how many times have you seen 4medics trying to rez the same guy only to get killed by 1 person charging into the room.
    also that medic isn't maxed making it seem slower.
    • Up x 2
  6. Matti

Do you even know how frustrating it is with all the medics reviving you right in front of the barrels of like 4 enemies?
    If you don't check your surroundings and react to the situation your in, you will only ruin for your team instead of helping.
    I prefer if the players I revive can stay alive at least the first few seconds after I brought them back.
    • Up x 1
  7. Knarfis

So I finally was able to see you video from start to finish. I have come away with three things.

1. You must fight against some really, really poor players. Does your entire server suck??
    2. You must be running some type of armor hack
    3. People cant see you.

I say these things because I, under no circumstances can not survive like you have displayed in your video. Some of the damage you recived I would have been dead long ago. The shot to the head by the sniper, how did you survive that? The part when you took down a guy coming out of the SCU room with three others right behind him. They never came after you even after you killed their mate. WTH?? People know exactly where I am and yet it seems that even with you in front of them they do not know you are around.

Bottom line, aside from the criticism and venting of frustration on my part, I liked your video. It was entertaining and over all good stuff. I play a medic as a secondary class. I liked your quote; "I need to stop playing this class....It is really hard." As a medic you are always doing something, mainly surviving, or at least in my case. If there was one real thing I noticed is that, like someone stated above, you tend to be more interested in shooting. Not saying that is a bad thing but I noticed in your video that there were a couple of dead blues that you simply ignored well after the area was clear. I am totally with you on your response that it is a bad idea to bring people back to life when all hell is going crazy, that does nothing for you or the poor soul you rezzed.

I am surprised how little your gun recoils and yet it does plenty of damage. You TR guys really have it made with your guns. Some of those longer range kills you did are damn hard to accomplish with NC guns and typically I tend to shy away from those kinds of shots simply because I do not want to give my position away as I know damn well I will not be taking that enemy down.

Knarfis
  8. Matti

1: Very typical public player respond in planetside 2 ( I have my NC on Miller )
    It's all public servers and the players skill difference is something I would be interested in
    if we were talking about some competetive players, not public players.

2: Maby you have more lags than me, maby you react slower to being shot?

3: They see me fine, situational awareness, understanding where your opponents are most likely to
    come from and keeping in motion to avoid being predictable. Normally this comes with time

I am an experienced eSports player from the BF-series, so are some of my teammates.
    I have practiced my aim, burstfire and recoil control for years before I started playing Planetside.

I suggest you check out some of my "Aim and skill" tutorials, hopefully they will help you out
    Here is part 1 (where I play NC mostly)

Right now I have 5 episodes and the links are in the description.

When it comes to "surviving a headshot" I really doubt it was a headshot, how could you tell anyway?

I agree I am a bit sloppy in my reviving, I am new to the medic class and I also squad lead in the video
    keeping track on things that might not be clear in the fotage.

I'm glad you like the video though and your frustration...I know the feeling. I get very irritated and frustrated
    in this game as well
  9. kennonfodder

entertaining vid:)

pro gamer huh? good awareness, you´re always on the move, revive where its safe for the revived teammates, otherwise you focus on the kills.

your enemies are mostly cannonfodder (not me ;) looking at their battleranks and the way they move/behave, the assumptions by other posters are not wrong. That doesnt say your not a good player so dont take that personal

Could you tell us what weapon you use in the first vid? and what sensivity settings you have (movement and when zoomed in)?

Looking at the first vid I am shocked about the quality of the TR weapon, almost no recoil, hard hitting and 40 bullets?? NC has nothing comparable, dont know about VS
  10. Matti

Not pro, unfortunatly the only PC-FPS games you can be Pro in is Quake and CS, I come from the BF-series.
    I is not that hard to control the recoil of the NC weapons, my favourite is the Mercenary (engineer)
    Just look at the video above you post #8. If you are struggeling with the recoil of the NC weapons I
    have 3 tutorials about handeling just that.

I use the default medic weapon in both videos, not sure how the other factions compare to it
    My settings are also in my first "Aim and skill" tutorial
  11. GSZenith

forgot about this one somehow.
    90% of medics in ps2.
    • Up x 1
  12. Matti

So true, Im glad it's possible to deny res at least =)
  13. Hewter

I repeat what i said

"Personally for my team , i prefer a medic with high K/D ratio who kill everything around and res/heal also , but this is too much sorry"

I didnt criticize you for killing enemy before res. You are welcome to read again my post.
  14. Matti

Maby you are one of those players getting your self killed in stupid positions always expecting a medic
    to res you no matter what. People that lack situational awareness will often get there medics and engineers
    killed only to complain when not getting healed, revived, repaired or supplied with ammo.
  15. loleator

Every single game I play I find the same kind of people....

Why does a medic has to heal or revive? When I played battlemedic in TF2 with better results than 95% of the server I would get complains on that I wasn't healing. i told them, "well, right now I have better score than all of you, if you're as short minded to think that I should be a babysitter I will change to Soldier and afk, and then you will see if you prefer a bad soldier or a great battlemedic, you fine with that?"

Here is exactly the same. Light assault is a class designed to kill lots of units and create havock. if this guy can get the job done better with the powerful assault rifles medics have WHY DOES HE HAVE TO HEAL? so you don't complain? I prefer a medic with a 3 KDR than a 0,3 KDR Light assault.

You know what is the difference? You will never complain about that bad light assault, but you WILL annoy that ultragood "medic".

Here's my tip. If he wants to get the job done with an unorthodox class: Forget that he is "medic". Instead figure the ROLE he's playing, not the class. If he's OWNING every single enemy he finds like in that video why would you want him reviving or healing? Repeat this: "He's not a medic, he's a light assault, if he has time or want's to heal me that's fine, but he's right now the best offensive player we have, so I will think of him as a light assault and won't annoy him with healing if he prefers to play that class for an offensive role, or else he just will switch for real to Light assault and I won't get healed anyways" See? ;)
  16. Seranov

Sorry, but if you refuse to heal or rez as a Medic, you're bad, and you need to play something else.

I'm not saying it has to be your primary job, but you damn better do it. You're a force multiplier, and your Medic Tool can do far more damage than any other weapon in the game if you use it right.

Furthermore, K/DR is the absolute least important stat there is. No one gives a damn about it. Doing your job is infinitely more important than how many more times you kill the enemy than they kill you, ESPECIALLY as a support class like the Medic or Engineer.
  17. Shahnaz

All I read is a bunch of garbage comments about how butt hurt you are that a medic killed an enemy before rezzing.

Forget about them bro, great video, it's a shame that you have to be on the wrong side ;)
  18. Seranov

No one with any sense is claiming that a Medic should prioritize healing/rezzing over killing the enemy. But if you're going to ignore one option or the other, you're doing it wrong.
  19. Matti

Thanks you mate =)

Fact is I am sloppy with my revives but many times players run into bad spots, getting killed
    where I can't get to them. Also, taking down the generator, SCU and capping the points is more
    important than getting every revive.