[Video] TR MAX - MRC3 Mercy with M1 heavy cycler

Discussion in 'MAX' started by Matti, Nov 15, 2013.

1. Matti

Hi all!

I just got the MRC3 Mercy for my right arm an I'm using it with the
    default heavy cycler. I found it to be a very effective and cheap AI combination,
    far better than I thought and the fact that there are even stronger setups
    for MAXes relly hurts the game IMO.

But that is my opnioin, please share yours

2. MaxDamage

Mercy is arguably the best TR MAX AI chaingun, so yes, paired with another less impressive chaingun it is still very much an improvement on the default. Also if the other weapon has a different ammo count, you can maintain sustained fire while one reloads - which can save your ***.

I play on Miller where people know how to take out MAX units.. looking at your video almost makes me regret picking a server full of PS1 veterans. So EZ.

Indeed like personal shields and ZOE abilities compared to TR's "Hang on just let me nail my shoes to the floor while you dance around at high speed, dealing more damage.. fkkk" *DEAD*
    Or perhaps absolutely any NC MAX combination against any TR/VS combination in a CQC fight (where MAXes are supposed to be and the most crucial fights happen).

MAX units are MAX units.
    They cost TOO much and have a default 10 minute timer, so really only people with boosts and high level subscriptions can afford to use and spec into them.

So yeah you can have your nice little 4-5 man killstreaks, but you just dropped almost as many resources as you do for a PROWLER.

This is sad because some new players are just bad and slipping into a generic MAX suit can give them the confidence to live long enough and find their bearings to get a feel for the game and shooting, before playing a regular infantry class. I've read many comments by new players saying they just walk into fights and die without a chance.
    • Up x 2
  3. Mxiter

The heavy cyler are certainly the worst TR max AI weapon (Bad COFs, average ROF, average mag size) but are correct with extended mags (that you owns in the most part of the video).
    Otherwise, mercies (like blushifts) are insane for every kind of player with a strong aiming skills (and you're one of those ;) ) and i'm pretty sure that most of kills you scored in that video was mercies kills. (those really reward good aiming)

The cheapest combination it heavy cyler + mutilators because mercies are quite expesive (1000 certs is the most expensive price) but mutilators, nor heavy cylers have not the mercies upper accuracy quality.

Quasar+blueshifts+ZoE would get more job done.

Also as you said: NC (an VS) maxes are stonger at chokepoints.

I don't really know what to think about your lasts videos: Previously it was to emphasize imbalance mecanics, lately you looks more neutral!
    I's always a pleasure to waching those and listening yours comments btw. ;)
    • Up x 1
  4. Takoita

In my experience, ZOE is more dangerous because it moves much faster and has more effective range than the NC one. Point-blank you won't notice much difference though - you die about as quickly in either case :D.

TR MAX is not in quite the bad position it was at launch, but it will still likely lose in MAX-to-MAX indoor combat if it doesn't have a significant edge in things it have certed out or just plain numbers of friendly guns on its side.
    • Up x 1
  5. Chewy102

I both like and hate videos like that. I shows good MAX play, I like that as a MAX user. But it also pains me knowing that if that was a NC MAX it wouldn't have been able to do near any of what was shown.

Example, @3:00 suppressing that door in a bio-lab. No NC MAX could have done that. Maybe slugs would let you do real damage but you couldn't keep those players in that door or make them hide like shown.
  6. Matti

Thanks for feedback!

It is hard to keep a discussion going when assumed server differences are pointed out.
    Miller have the biggest pop imbalance of all the servers I have played on and that favoures
    TR and should make it if anything easier to use a MAX.

Like I say in the video, I think MAXes are generally too strong and I know most MAX players
    will naturally disagree. The revives is probably the most obvious reason but also the way the
    weapons are made to be very easy to handle
    • Up x 1
  7. Goretzu

If you have KA5 you should beat any NC AI MAX but a Dual Grinder (with extended mags) MAX...... this is at 0m, of course, keep the distance at 8m+ and you should be golden even against them.
  8. MaxDamage

I'm sick of people talking horse****.
    You have no idea how fast NC MAXes take down other MAX units at 0 - 8 m, you are having a laugh.

Also HAVING to switch to kinetic to last half a second longer against NC MAX units is a massive disadvantage, now you're one hit killed by C4, and destroyed by rockets in a giant rocket magnet suit.

The fact is it can be done, I've done it, but it takes considerably more skill.

THAT is why it is imbalanced.
  9. Goretzu

Of course I do. :confused: It's pure mathmatics. o_O 2+2=4 that's just how it works.

Scattermaxs, Mattocks and Hacksaws don't carry enough damage per magazine (even with extended mags) to kill a KA5 MAX without a reload (this is at 0m).

TR/VS AI MAXs do carry enough damage per clip.

If NC AI MAXs don't run KA5 then even Grinder MAXs will lose to a TR/VS AI MAX...... so it is the NC that HAS to run KA5. :eek:

With flak 5 all TR and VS AI MAXs will beat all standard NC AI MAXs at 0m but dual Grinders.

Now as you know by just 8m every TR/VS AI MAX will not only be doing much more sustainsed DPS, but also more burst DPS as the NC AI MAX drop off is so high by that point.