[Video] Top10 Worst TR weapons

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Yamiks, Apr 28, 2015.

1. Yamiks

2. Eternaloptimist

Interesting video and I enjoyed watching it. Not sure why you lump the Rhino and the Bull together though. The Bull has some significant advantages over the Rhino and for my money is probably the best TR LMG based on it's manageable recoil (with attachments admittedly), high muzzle velocity and decent rate of fire. Could do with an extra reload although I suppose that is the balancing drawback to its various advantages.
  3. Yamiks

rihno and bull both have similar stats, and in comparison to rest of LMGs they look similar!
  4. Eternaloptimist

I don't disagree with that but I have used both (most of my kills are on one or the other) and they feel/perform quite differently in my hands at least. I have no idea why. They certainly look similar and the Rhino gets the advanced fore grip to help with longer range accuracy but the Bull with compensator and foregrip is just laser-like in its accuracy at range.Maybe the differnce isn't all that great.....I've not studied it in any detail.
  5. prodo123

AMR is, as I stated in another Battle Rifle thread, scary in the right hands. Yes Vanu has a huge advantage in this category with no bullet drop (the same goes for the semi auto snipers) but BRs are still worth looking into.

Most people use something else (MSW-R mostly) but the Bull/Rhino are decent starter weapons because of their low recoil. For anything else I do agree they kinda suck.

As you mentioned before, some people swear by burst weapons. A huge advantage they have AFAIK is that the bloom settles faster than any other weapon in the game, making them good for medium range. This also holds true for hipfire.

Air people swear by rotary cannons for air combat. I also love the NC rotary because it hits harder and kills things faster. With my horrible aim with both regular and rotary noseguns, I like the extra damage per bullet the rotary offers. And when I do have the luxury of spamming it at big things (e.g. Libs) the clip size is just big enough and reload time just short enough to keep me maneuvering around the target so I don't get hit. The bullet drop isn't an issue because you should be leading your targets to begin with.

HE rounds are for farming. Most people don't like it, and some people say it needs to be removed from the game. :p
  6. NoobStylerIGERI

LOOOL

this guys on that Video just ......
    He cry for a bulletdrop of any weapong.. What should NC say ? better he Chance Game :D
    Rotary on the mossi is really a fine gun.
    Rotary is only for Close fight at all factions. wtf is wron with this guy`?

Try with NC Rotary a fight on distance, and with TR same, lol look who is best on distance o m g
  7. FieldMarshall

On paper, Rhino/Bull basically trades mag size for reload speed. I also thought they were exactly the same until i got both and started using them.
    Bull is one of the best LMGs TR has if you can take advantage of the accuracy.
    • Up x 1
  8. Yamiks

you broke ingrish..i can not...
  9. Leftconsin

99SV (and I guess it's NC counterpart) is in my opinion the WORST infantry weapon in the game. I have never hated using a weapon so much.
    • Up x 1
  10. Tycoh

Surprised that Striker isn't up there.
  11. Alan Kalane

You forgot the Striker and the AMP
    • Up x 1
  12. xMaxdamage

where's the striker lol, and I think chaingun is worse than burst weapons but it's personal taste I suppose
  13. Mxiter

Empreor a bad gun? maybe for you, but not for me.

Try T4AMP and inquisitor if you want to try bad sidearms.

Aslo:

striker
    Vulcan mounted on prowler.
    Failstorm
    Fractures
    heavy Cyler
    Trac5-S
  14. nehylen

As you said, Yamiks, it's all personal choice, but you are neglecting some not-so-uninmportant details, or maybe just simply lack experience with some of the guns:

• Bull/Rhino have the same damage model, yes, but in terms of accuracy, the Bull trumps the Rhino (CoF, horizontal arc, SPA, very playable with a laser sight both in ads+hipfire)
    • BRs aren't necessarily ideal for long range shooting. They're better at mid-range, meaning bullet drop is a non-issue
    • SA scout rifles advantage is not hipfire alone over the SA sniper rifles: you're accurate when ADAD'ing. And since you don't need a grip all too much, you can have decent hipfire with the LS. They're not made to snipe either, and better used at close to medium range with sights (as shown by max damage range), at which they're absolutely deadly if you can shoot heads reliably (which is easier on a semi auto)
    About Burst rifles: i can't disagree that they're a pain to make effective. Incidentally, i just auraxed the T1B, and while i had similar accuracy to the T1, my HSR suffered a little on the T1B, and it took me hundreds of kills to really get into the gun. I can't say it's great but you can make it work very well, specifically with a laser sight: in these conditions you have a pretty good med-range ads gun (not that much worse than a T1, but better velocity if HVA), and in CQC you can face almost anything with your good hipfire.

I'm not sure about the Trac5-burst though, because it does have an recoil bias, which a grip reduces by 25%, while T1-T1B have no bias at all from the start, so the grip is less useful overall. Anyway, the T1B is a complicated gun to master, but it can be more effective overall than the T1 due to its adaptability with LS. And the T1 is really good, so...
  15. OldMaster80

The list is pretty arguable.
    Imho the TAR is far worse than the T1-cycler
    The amr-66 is ok if you give up hva and slap a compensator on it but only for long range fights.
    The 99-sv is indeed terrible but its counterpart ksr-35 is by far an excellent scout rifle (ccompare it with the hsr1).

Quite weird then that the TRAP and the Striker are not in the list.
  16. LodeTria

The TRAP was #1. Did you watch the video?
  17. sL360

Rhino is gross. If you had to pick, go with the Bull. At least the Bull has a better accuracy when crouching. Also, you were missing the Hailstorm. Playing with the SMGs on my NC alt and then going back to that thing...it's bloody hilarious.

I like the EMPRAH, but it's a tough comparison next to the Repeater, understandably. I make the HSR work. I like it too.

TR's faction specific weapons are mostly novelty toys. TRAP, Inquisitor, AMP, Striker, Fractures. They are all just so terrible. The AMP is at least fun to run up to cloaked infils and unload the entire clip in their face, but using the other stuff is tantamount to torture.

They aren't fun, they don't work; Someone sat down and DESIGNED these things to be USED in battle. Just...how?
  18. The Rogue Wolf

Pretty much these. I would at least have put the MCG ahead of the Bull and Rhino, and the Striker is almost ridiculously conditional as to where it'll actually do you a lot of good. The AMP is just a high-velocity marshmallow launcher.

I've seen a couple of people have success with the TRAP, but the three-round burst setting is useless for its optimal role, and won't even do much to save you if you're caught up-close.
  19. PostalDude

Why isn't the TMG-Schitty up there ?
  20. Tommyp2006

Because it's not a bad weapon at all. There are significantly worse.
    • Up x 2