[Video] The Lancer doesn't suck, even when using it solo.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Hoffburger, Mar 30, 2013.

1. Maljas23

You act like having the, theoretical, highest dps means anything in this kind of game. This isn't like WoW where using a certain cycle of moves will net you the highest dps. The Striker has so many counters that the odds of you actually killing something with it are low. You'll probably get plenty of assists, but actual kills.. no.

Also, the fact that the Lancer is an AV SNIPER, is more than enough to convince me to trade off the Striker. You can have it lol.

*Edit*: Just wanted to add that the Lancer can be used as a pseudo AI sniper substitute if you have good aim and can squint your eyes. It 2 shots all infantry, including MAXes.
    • Up x 2
  2. MayorD

nice video.
    now nurf it, nao!

omg lol the QQ always searching for excuses. sad.
  3. ST4LK3R

feel better now?
  4. Bape

AT is by far the best VS outfit plain and simple. This player deserves a medal im not gonna lie i kind of want the Lancer because how easy it is to hit target with barely any leading. BUT the lancer does need a zoom in scope like x7 or 8 to make it completely balance that was an awesome video.
  5. WUNDER8AR

good stuff
  6. Hoffburger

Where can I get the stuff you're smoking? What platoon?
  7. Messaiga

My god, it is a smart vanu guy. Well NC it has been nice knowing you........... wait, I am on Waterson, where most of the VS are dumber than the jackhammer, well back to the drawing boards for me.
  8. Lohk

Even with all the criticism you're taking OP, I must compliment you on your shooting skills. Very well done :D
  9. Anubis77

This. It's a cool video for sure, but this is NOT you using it solo, the whole video is you firing on weakened targets in a big group of friendlies...
    • Up x 3
  10. Shockwave44

You have no experience with this weapon so your opinion is invalid.
  11. Shockwave44

He's taking criticism because he used a misleading title and the sheep will grasp on to anything to say its good.
    • Up x 1
  12. Leo Di Caprio

That's it, nerf the lancer.
  13. haldolium

Love how you got that Kill Assist here.

Man. Seems after all, the Lancer DOES bring liberators down. He seemed very confused at least...
  14. Bape

I actually do i trialed it and played around with it in the VR training? But if you want to play like that no tr/vs have experience with the Phoenix or scatt max so their opinions are invalid thanks :rolleyes:
  15. Hoffburger

:25 - I was shooting that sunderer for a while before I started recording (hint, watching someone shoot the side armor of a sunderer with a lancer would be boring to watch

1:00 - The mossie ended up trying to land (he was on fire), but didn't make it, but it was about 2 minutes after the shot and would've been boring as hell to wait for the kill message

2:00 to 2:55 - The Prowler is all me + 1 AV turret rocket, the MAX is all me, the Flash is all me, the Lightning is all me (2 rear armor shots)

3:30 - I could've easily killed the Vanguard myself, I was in 0 danger of ever being hit by him at that range due to my elevation advantage and nothing behind me to get splashed by

4:30 - Mostly me, first shot is a full charge rear shot (half armor), second shot would've killed him regardless of how much damage my teammates did to him (someone shot him with a non full charge lancer shot)

5:40 - All me, he showed up with about 3/4 health and I took him out with a 3x charge and 2x charge

Any more straws you would like to grasp at? I don't get it, do yall really think the Lancer is bad? My video shows a myriad of situations that the Lancer can be good in that NO OTHER WEAPON IN THE GAME comes close to (the AV turret is the closest because it has range, but has problems hitting air, unlike the Lancer).

Also, notice on the Sunderer kill, the Vanguard kill (where I hit the toe), the Lightning kills, and the ESF kills.......the dumbfire rockets can't even hope to hit those things at that range. Lock ons wouldn't have been able to hit the Sunderer or the Vanguard due to obstacles in the way and the ESFs and Lightnings could've ran off/ducked behind cover/popped flares/smoke.
    • Up x 3
  16. Jkar

That video pretty much shows what I've been experiencing with the Lancer since the last patch. I'm having a lot of fun with it, I'm not in an outfit and constantly jump around the map. I'm using it exclusively now even though the S1 may be a better choice, it's just that versatile. Not always the best tool for the job, but it gets the job done with some practice. A 2x zoom option would be nice but anything higher than that will probably be too much because of it's AI sniping capabilities.

It always makes me smile when I look for targets and an infiltrator starts to annoy me. If I don't have my slug Pandora at my side I'll send him a nice greeting with the Lancer. Killed three infiltrators so far with it that didn't get the message after the charged shot hit them in the face and get hit by the follow up shot.

edit: A little episode from today. Mani bio lab. Killed two prowlers and a lightning from the air pad that were chasing two VS lightnings. The VS tanks survived thanks to me sniping their friends down (and thanks to the prowler drivers for exposing their rear to me while chasing my faction mates).
    • Up x 2
  17. McJackson

This is a very good demonstration video. I haven't even used the thing and I can see how great the weapon is (by looking at videos like this). I can't believe how much whining there is there is about this weapon. Are people really this ignorant?

The people who say that this is not using it "solo"... Are you really hoping this would be a gun that can take an MBT full on with absolutely no one else around? The video here is a perfect example of situations you would normally have in a normal battle. If you're really hoping for an AV weapon that can be used solo, you're delusional.
    • Up x 2
  18. XDDante

amazing skill but the lancer should have at least 2x and 3x scopes :) beyond that should be op :p
  19. Messaiga

It actually is a really nice weapon because of the super high projectile velocity (Faster than most bullets) and good damage per Mag and not just per shot. There are some situations where the Lancer might be better than my Phoenix but I don't care because I still have the ability to fire behind cover and change my missile's path during its travel time. Good luck to you with more kills with the Lancer, hope you can accomplish tomorrow what I did yesterday. (I made about 400 certs with mainly the Phoenix yesterday)
  20. Hoffburger

The phoenix is good no doubt, I'm just sick of seeing the doom and gloom over the Lancer being underpowered. It doesn't need a higher magnification scope, it doesn't need more damage, the thing is freaking amazing already.