[Suggestion] [Video] The dangerous 'E' Key.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by SoggyCow, Jun 3, 2014.

1. SoggyCow

There is not a day I play when I see pilots being unwillingly ejecter from their aircraft.
    This is because E is between W and R (speed & reload).

I find that setting the exit key to Z (for aircraft) solves this problem.

Here is an example of what I witnessed a few days ago:
  2. RomulusX

Maybe...just maybe...he did it on purpose! and just forgot to equip LA. :eek:
  3. Foxirus

This is a simple fix. You can easily remap the ejection key for your air units. I have mine set to Z. Ever since setting it to Z, I have never once accidentally ejected myself from my scythe. Note that all other vehicles ground wise, E is still the exit and enter button.
    • Up x 1
  4. Rhumald

I am sooooo guilty of this. I've only ever done it right side up though, and most times the opposition pulls back and 'kindly' waits for me to treck back to my Reaver... by then there's normally two or three of them waiting like vultures, so I'm left with no choice but to try and flee, a futile endeavor most times, but I take that as my punishment.

My chat functions are all set to the Z,X and C (for teamspeak) keys though, and everything else is too awkward to hit, so I just live with it.
    • Up x 1
  5. Brenold

^ this

they were very thoughtful in letting you choose keybindings for enter/exit separately for vehicles and aircraft
    I have mine set to `, right beside 1.
    dont think that was keybinded to anything on default.
    • Up x 1
  6. RoAdKiLL_Perry

I accidentally do this because in other games i play, q and e roll the air vehicle.
  7. MagMourner

Yep - i've done this too during the heat of the moment..

I am not a great flyer - but i'm even worse at hitting the ground from a great height. Nice view though.
  8. LibertyRevolution

I remapped exit aircraft to BACKSPACE.
    I wanted to make sure I never hit it by mistake.

(numberpad . is my reply key)
  9. PWGuy93

/laughs
    The E key and I are old frienemies. In a tank I think I am pressing W and hit the E button and the tank drives away laughing at me but on occasion after the tank has taken damage and I do this by mistake it actually has saved the day as when it pops me out I have my engineer repair tool in hand and repair it while it's trying to drive off unmanned. :p