[Video] The Art of Ninja 2: Eridani is Love, Eridani is Life

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Mustarde, Jun 7, 2014.

1. Mustarde

*I've been talking on this board about the Eridani for a while, and how much I fell in love with this weapon. I finally managed to get some footage together and edited for this. Maybe now I can use this as a reference when trying to tell people why I like it *

My second pure SMG video, a sequel to "The Art of Ninja". Many consider SMG infiltrator to be a cheesy combination due to the power of the cloak with a high DPS primary weapon. There is a difference however, between smart positioning with good aim and simply sneaking up to gank someone and dying. I hope to highlight the "Art" of being an effective infiltrator with an SMG, and entertain you with another track by the Chemical Brothers. I use the Eridani, which is my favorite SMG in the game due to its accuracy out to surprising ranges. Eridani is Love, Eridani is Life.

This video was recorded on Mattherson with my VS alt, "CondimentActual", playing mostly with my outfit NNG.

"The Boxer" - Chemical Brothers

Enjoy!
    • Up x 7
  2. Rogueghost

The Eridani? Its a jaguar with less ammo, better hipfire, worse recoil/CoF, worse damage drop off and a faster reload.

My least favorite ES smg, but I shouldn't be surprised, you're weird with your weapon loadouts.
  3. Thrix

Can you explain why you think the eridani is better than the other VS smg?
    I've always used the other, it just seems to be logical Looking at the numbers, Is there anything special you like about it?
  4. Ripshaft

Bah yeah I feel kind of bad for neglecting my eridani for so long, it's a phenomenal gun, very "professional" for lack of a better description. While it may be one of my more effective weapons I cant say I necessarily like it - just that it's eminently effective in getting the job done. Basically while many weapons are built around being fun or useful, the sx5 is built for war.

I stopped using it when I grabbed my pdw awhile back, it would have been impossible to give the pdw a fair chance if I didnt swear off using the sx5 while getting accustomed to it... as obviously the ttk difference is enormous. And as it took me a few weeks and ~1500 kills with the pdw to get a reasonable feel for it, the sx5 took a back seat for a bit, and hasnt come back yet =./

Ah well, it'll have its day soon.
  5. ShotgunGuru

What is this eridani you speak of, everyone uses the sirius or the blitz
  6. cruczi

Can't help but feel you'd do better with the 50 round Sirius and advanced laser sight. In a lot of the fights your COF bloom is so high you miss half the rounds purely because of that, not because of your aim.
  7. Rigsta

I'll bet Mustarde likes it because it plays a bit like an Armistice with a faster reload speed :D (flank > murder 1-2 people > cloak, cover & reload > continue murdering).

Since I started playing again I've been using my poor, neglected Eridani for a change of pace from the Sirius and I'm really warming to it. IMO they're equally capable weapons, they just suit different playstyles.

The Sirius bounces all over the place. Seriously, that thing has silly recoil. It doesn't hit as hard, and needs 2.4s for a short reload. But it fires really fast and holds 50 rounds, so it doesn't need to reload so often and the rail slot is free to be equipped with an advanced laser.

It's a pure CQ weapon, though it can reach out a bit if you equip a forward grip to keep the bullet hose on target past 15m, and remove the suppressor.

The Eridani is pretty accurate and controllable as SMGs go - it has an up-and-right recoil bias with less randomness than the Sirius. Its max damage range is 10m compared to the Sirius' 6m. It has a small magazine (25/35 rounds with/without extended mags) but a pistol-esque reload speed of 1.74s, unless you run the mag dry and have to suffer through the 2.8s long reload.

It's a highly capable CQ weapon but it has the ability to reach out to 25m or so quite easily thanks to its relatively good stability and damage falloff. The latter also means that equipping a suppressor hurts the Eridani less than the Sirius if I got my figures right. In short, it's not quite so restricted to the CQ role as the Sirius.

The thing that really stands out though is the reload speed. It's just... perfect. Assuming decent accuracy, without extended mags you can drop 1-2 people per magazine but risk needing a long reload. With extended mags you can easily take out two people with ammo to spare, or risk a third. The Sirius can do that too, but the time I need to reload the Eridani syncs up with the time I need/want to take cover so often it's uncanny.

I honestly can't remember an occasion since I started playing again where I've had to switch to my pistol instead of reload the Eridani. There might have been one occasion. One.
    • Up x 1
  8. ZeroErrorz

yo mustarde can u cover the cqc semi auto and the cqc bolt action sniper rifle next :)
  9. Inex

Even if you are invisible half the time, I've gotta give props for a CQC video wearing Shatter camo.
  10. Mustarde

Lumifiber is also equipped, naturally. If you can't swag, why bother?
    • Up x 3
  11. Edubs McCool

Just hit 10k kills with the Eridani. Typically not playing as an infil though.

Wonderful, wonderful gun. Underrated.
  12. Rudmed

Maybe I should pick up the Eridani, I like my sirus. I like having a bigger clip, and its handy to have bullets left over when my lucks goes poor and everyone else looks at the infiltrator that is trying to kill them. I do like the extra bit of kick that the Eridani has, but I think like someone else said. They fit different playstyles, I'm more of a "what if" person. What if I empty the clip with the Eridani, and there are still people left. That was the reason why I grabbed the Sirius.
  13. yeHHH1g

Sirius may have the worst ads spread of any gun I've auraxiumed, its just silly inaccurate and jittery past 10 meters
  14. Mustarde

Completely agree - compared to the Eridani, or the NS options, I just don't like it.
  15. Jawarisin

Eridani is just lovely, even the name's sweet. Personnaly I just feel like the reload speed compensate twice over for the lower clip, not to mention the killing power which is pretty lovely.
  16. SnipersUnion

"Hey Mustarde, Have you met my friend Cyclone? She's been dying to meet you. I'll leave you two alone to get to know each other a bit" ;)
    • Up x 1
  17. Inex

My thoughts exactly. Still hoping for the bright pink Lumifiber you can get on vehicles though. Not enough contrast with Lumifiber & Shatter.
    • Up x 1
  18. Wayfar

If you are a decent shot with ADS, I always suggest the Eridani. The other for hipfire action.

For other factions, the newer silenced NS is about as close to the same feel as I could find to the Eridani.

People don't like that it is closer to a "tier 1 SMG" and costs so much, but they seem to to match closer then any of the others.
  19. CuteBeaver

This...

I want pink lumi soo badly... you ... have... no idea...

Also great video Mustarde :) I'v been waiting for part 2, and its so awesome your using Eridani. Would you consider doing Part 3 with an NC toon using the Cyclone? :D

Its going to be awesome when the servers merge. Its getting hard to find fights here non prime on Waterson. Your character name for VS is great btw. Its going to be neat bumping into so many forumsiders in game normally we don't see or get a chance to play with.
    • Up x 1
  20. MarkAntony

He might not know her but I do. Intimately. And I'm lovin' it.