[Video] Take this life, my chaingun

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Iridar51, Apr 27, 2014.

1. Iridar51

• Up x 5
  2. Alien51

Makes me even more angry about this MCG nerf...
  3. Iridar51

I don't want to engage in argument whether it was in fact a nerf or buff, but I certainly like the new MCG more than the older one.
    • Up x 3
  4. Alien51

It's easier to use now, that's for sure. But it also lowered the skillcap meaning lowered its capabilities.
  5. XXBLACKATTACKXX

I'm thinking about buying it for my TR account,
    Whats some good loadouts for this gun
  6. Iridar51

Definition: MCG uptime = situation when your'e confronted with multiple enemies, and you fire at them with the MCG, attempting to mow them all down in one long burst.

For the MCG itself you can't go wrong with any of the attachments:
    • BRRT - increases spin up rate - which reduces your disadvantage when you suddenly bump into the enemy around the corner,and increase to the maximum fire rate improves already high DPS, ensuring that during your uptime with the MCG you unleash maximum amount of DPS.
    • Laser Sight - MCG already has a very accurate hip fire, especially when compare to LMGs, and it was a lesson I had to learn the hard way. There's a lot of situations where it's better to hip fire and preserve full movement speed rather than slow yourself down with ADSing. LS will increase the effective hip fire range, which would give a serious advantage over other players in close quarters, since you can move much faster then they are.
    • Extended Magazine - the controversial one. Some players, especially the ones who used MCG before the rework, think it's mandatory. While I have to agree that MCG expends ammo very quickly, and I've been staring at reload animation a long time, I didn't really feel the ext. mags are necessary, because I don't think there was ever even one situation where I would live long enough during MCG uptime to fire off my whole magazine.
    Now for the loadout itself, to a confident killer I would recommend the Adrenaline Shield, but since you need to ask, I'll assume you don't consider yourself one. So for the shield ability go with NMG and Nanoweave, this combo ensures that you have maximum amount of effective health possible for infantry, so you can sustain your MCG uptime and survive longer.

Another combo build would be Resist Shield and Advanced Shield Capacitor. With this combo you'll always have your ability ready and shields recharge quickly, so you can poke out of cover very often.
    Utility slot / rocket launcher are up to preference and situation.
  7. Maljas23

MCG is a beast atm. It was the first weapon I ever bought, and bothered to aurx. I feel that it is much better than it was mainly due to the fixed CoF. It is a treat to use right now.
    • Up x 1
  8. XXBLACKATTACKXX

9. Dalistro

Was expecting you to fall off the ledge several times... lol
    • Up x 1
  10. CerealBox

Cool video Iridar. In Flames is one of my favorite band.
    I wish you had a bit more aggressive gameplay.
    I've never used the MCG and that reload time is so long and almost screws you over a few times.
  11. Nakar

Only problem I've noticed with the Laser Sight is that hipfire COF rapidly expands to the maximum, which is basically just the default hipfire COF you get without a Laser Sight (and it doesn't expand beyond that). It feels kinda pointless. It'd be super powerful if it made the COF tighter permanently I guess, but the current implementation of it makes me wish for a BRRT or ExMag instead in almost all circumstances. Especially since BRRT and ExMags both benefit the ADS and a Laser Sight doesn't.
    • Up x 1
  12. WarmasterRaptor

I still go with Extended Magazines as the BRRT doesn't cut it for me.
    I always managed my CQC without it, now I love to be able to make a bullets rain in dat ADS COF.
  13. Drippyskippy

I love the TR who think the recent rework of the MCG was a nerf to the gun. Cracks me up. Guess you can explain to me why I've been dying to it a lot more recently than what I did before its "nerf". MCG is a solid gun if not a little overbuffed, and super easy to use. Almost in the league with the Jackhammer...now only if the lasher was as good as those 2 weapons by itself.
  14. quatin

I tried. The music was obnoxious, couldn't get past 10 seconds.

I've definitely seen more MCGs running around, that's why you're getting killed more often by it. The change was both a nerf and a buff. ADS was nerfed, BRRT was added. If you used your MCG at mid range, it's been nerfed. If you spray and prayed with your MCG, you got buffed.
  15. Iridar51

Thanks! The problem with aggressive gameplay is that MCG is still not a shotgun, meaning that I couldn't just run into three people and mow down all of them. If I play aggressively and run in the first lines, I'm also the first one to die ;)
    I also had a nasty habit of ADSing when it wasn't necessary, so perhaps if I would've sprayed from the hip I'd have done better.

I really was itching to make an MCG video, so I used the footage from one evening and made the best of it. Perhaps if I were patient enough to learn the gun better I would've gotten better footage.

That's In Flames for you alright. You either love 'em or hate 'em. Or both :D
  16. jiggu

Hurr TR is a hivemind
    Most people are agreeing that it's a buff. I personally think it's a great change and the gun is alot better now.
  17. dezusa

Bought this MCG just awhile ago with my newly reach 1k cert points.
    Why does this gun make me smile every so often?
    Bought BRRT for my first attatchment so i can BBBRRRRRTTTT down people faster
  18. BOOKEN

Because it's the most noob gun in the game?

It's more noob than shotguns......

Pulling the trigger and wrapping around doorways isn't skill at all....
  19. dezusa

implying this is the only way to use an MCG
  20. Alien51

Because it's easier to use now. Doesn't make it better.