[Video] Stalker - The only NC Auto Scout rifle

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Nolyzzlel, Jun 28, 2014.

1. Nolyzzlel

Here I have some nice Stalker moments. I really enjoy this weopon. Are you playing Auto scout rifles too? And how you play them ?
    • Up x 2
  2. Jawarisin

What the hell happened to the ear-bleeding dubstep-music? IT'S GONE! This was way better!

Smooth gameplay, some pretty fine one. Wish my game ran half as smoothly haha. Nice job!
  3. Shaengar

The Stalker has become one of my favourite weapons lately. I build an absolute high-survivability loadout around it, that allows for amazing killstreaks if played right.

I use the Stalker differently than you. I only use it when I expect a battle in relativly open fields.

1. Keep your distance. Try to only engage enemies at midrange. If I find myself fighting at CQC it means I made a positioning mistake.
    The Stalker ist outclassed by most other weapons so you need to play it smart. Good thing is: Probably no other weapon apart from sniper rifles synergize so well with the cloak. So you need to use this to maximum effect.

2. Use cover, flank the enemy, drop a target, then immediately cloak and retreat. The low mag-size allows only one kill per mag in most situations anyway.
    At midrange the cloak makes you completely inivisible even to high-graphic settings users, that means that you can completely vanish after a kill. It is really a strong abilitystrong and that is what makes makes the loadout so effective!

3. Be careful with heavies. Only engage them if they are alone. The overshield makes for a significantly longer TTK. You really want to drop your target in one mag and it will be harder against a heavy (still absolutely possible though). Best to shoot at them from behind. Never if they are running straight at you.
    EMP-Grenades can also really help you here.

4. Completely avoid Maxes. You can try to soften them up a little, but it will unnessecarily give your position away. Better focus on the engineer behind it.

5. Overall play defensivly. If you think you cannot handle the situation don't engage. Sometimes retreating for a minute until the enemies loose interest in you is necessary.
    Don't enter buildings. If you do always ADS when you walk round corners. It will give you an advantage but nevertheless expect to die when you face someone heads on.

If I follow these rules I am able to get really nice killstreaks, even in bases where my faction is underpopulated. Of course it always depends on the situation an there are some where you are better off going with another class.

My Loadout:

Forward Grip and Compensator - make me able to just hold down the trigger until my enemy is dead. So less compensation for recoil is needed. This is very important as the time to kill needs to be as quick as possible so that you can retreat earlier. Since I cloak after each salvo the negative effects of the compensator are mostly mitigated.

NV-Scope - its important that you clearly see enemies in confusing enviroments such as Hossin-swamps. It also negates the effect of the muzzleflash on your view and makes tracking targets easier.

Medkits - for maximum survivability. They will help you to stay in battle significantly longer.

EMP-Grenades - for Heavy Assaults and if I want to kill two enemies with one mag.

Ammo belt - first I went with nanoweave but found myself low on ammo in open fields so often, that I decided to use ammo belt. I was really surprised how many kills I could get in one life with this loadout.

Sensor Darts - You want to always stay in motion so the motion spotter wont help you much. Be careful when to shoot your darts, as they will tell the enemies you are in the area. I only use them If I know somebody is already hunting me.

Dark camo - It will help you in more than one circumstance against people who are not using NV-scope.
    • Up x 1
  4. Rohxer

I love the Stalker, and have used it primarily for months now. I've got more kills with it than anyone else on Emerald. (and ranked second game-wide on "Time" used, lol).

I agree with all of your tips, Shaengar. (Well, except the claim that cloak makes you "completely invisible" at midrange, but that's a whole other topic, ha! I shoot so many "cloaked" infiltrators at midrange with this gun...)

Loadout comments:

Forward grip and compensator: totally agree, for the reasons you stated. You're moving so much, and at ranges where you can evade pursuit if spotted, that a suppressor is just a hindrance. (I.E. you've chosen to fight somewhere with LOS cover, right???)

Scope: I actually run the 6x scope on this thing. Mainly because I had been stuck in a CQB rut with SMGs for so long when I switched, and was looking to extend my range without going sniper. The only problem is that there's a clear (and large) range somewhere between hip-fire and ADS where I always get into trouble, as you can imagine. I should probably try out some smaller magnifications for certain situations. Especially on Hossin.

Medkits: Never liked them, though I now run Regeneration III implant with my Stalker and wow is it incredible. When I do get a nice streak I'd lose health a bit at a time, but now I'm always topped off.

EMP grenades: Always! Well, almost. There's always an exception..

Ammo belt: I may try this one, but usually run nanoweave as I can just find an ammo pack somewhere (usually the enemy's) or just redeploy to the same base when I'm out. My secondary is explosive xbow bolts to harass vehicles and maxes so I don't really have a fall-back option. BUT I really enjoy the grenade bandolier with my stalker cloak setup, and I miss this when I'm not. I may try this since recently I've been wishing I had an extra EMP or two when I'm out and about and hate running back to the spawn room to get another. I use them to destroy deployables, a lot.

Sensor darts: Depends. When I've got them I always wish I'd had the spotter. With the spotter I miss the darts. Choices, choices.. Situational of course. If I'm playing defense and limiting my range to one general area I like the spotters. When I go out hunting I'll definitely grab the darts. I don't like to go blindly into any area.

Camo: Probably my bane, but I like the glowy gold armor with shiny bright camo. I get as dark as possible with stalker _cloak_, but with the stalker _rifle_ I'm usually moving so much at the outskirts of a battle, and when exposed only while cloaked, I don't think it's hurting me as much. And besides, if I can draw people out to find me, all the better, since it 1) removes them from the battle (it's hilarious when a Max chases one lone infiltrator all over a base), and 2) lets me set up a nice ambush (for the non-maxes of course) for people expecting a guy with a sniper rifle.

I love this weapon. Love the versatility, and satisfaction I feel when I make a successful run with it. So much more than an SMG.
    • Up x 2
  5. Rohxer

Fun video! I had almost the exact same battle at the Gourney Dam in that same spot a few days ago (@~1 minute mark). At the end of the bridge around those cylinders.
  6. Shaengar

Well, yeah maybe you are right and it doen't make you completely invisible, but I think we can agree that the cloak is much more efective at midrange than within 20 Meters where it is almost useless except against low-settings users. Most people loose track of you if you disengage and cloak. Only problem is, when you get hit while retreating, because it will disable the cloak. This is why you should always stay near cover and don't engage on open fields.

When I bought this gun I went with the Trueshot 4x scope for the exact same reasons as you run the 6x. I was tired of playing SMG-Infiltrator after I got Auraxium on my Cyclone. However, I found myself missing too many shots because the weapon is kicking too much in higher magnifications. This and the gap between hipfire and ADS at short range that you mentioned finally led my to the NV-Scope wich I strongly recommend for you to give it a try.
    The crosshair allows for very accurate shooting and although it ist only a 1x Scope I am more precise with it at midrange than with 2x or 4x. At distances where these Scopes would bring a benefit the stalker isn't really effective anyway.
    You can also "scan" the area with the IR/NV-Scope and notice enemies who you normally would miss.

I still don't use Implants for whatever reason. But I think Reg III could make a viable alternative to medkids. This way you could equip mines and set some traps for people hunting you.

Absolutely! SMG felt somewhat cheesy. When you did well with the stalker it really gives you more satisfaction.
  7. Rohxer

I used to run IRNV with my cyclone. I'll definitely give it a try. Only issue is that the ranges where I hunt, I frequently traget cloaked infiltrators (I wasn't kidding about the visibility of cloak lol) and the IRNV would kind of ruin that.

Good point. Though with sensor darts/spotter I'm usually aware where anyone around me is anyway. The exception being light assaults, I hate those buggers. And that was always one of my main uses for IRNV on my SMG, especially finding them up in trees and towers. And since they usually stop moving while their jets reset I'd lose their dot on the map.

Yes! Like I said, I never used med kits. But I love the Regen 3 implant. I bet if you gave it a try you'd be hooked.
  8. Rohxer

Wanted to come back and edit this comment. I made a mistake; I actually run the laser sight, not the forward grip. Since I can't ADS in CQB with a 6x scope I find the laser useful for when I have to hip fire. The forward grip, on the other hand, helps with horizontal recoil I believe, and I don't find that to be a problem with this weapon so don't see the grip as necessary.

My comments about the compensator (rather than suppressor) still apply.
  9. BillHaverchuck

I love this gun because I hated seeing someone with my SMG and having to run close to him because Smgs suck outside the 15m mark.
  10. OldMaster80

Automatic scout rifles perform very well as long as you don't expect to kill HA face to face. They also represent the easiest Auraxium medal available for hardcore flankers.
    Once you get tired and you want to try something more challening try the semi-automatic scout rifle, and semi-auto sniper rifles ;)

(BTW 7 kills before I get my Auraxium with the KSR-35!).
  11. Moz

I just cant get the Stalker to work for me........ Lord knows i have tried, i thik i just expect it to hit harder then it does.

I swapped my midrange scout rifle to the Shadow (love that gun), it just suits me a little better to go semi-auto i guess.

I am going to give it another go now though, thanks for the motovation. :)
  12. Theter

Wow nice video !

I know nothing about infiltrators, what Combat Grade are you, and what is your loadout ?
    Why do you never spot your target in case of something going wrong ?
  13. Rikkit

Spotting an ennemy results in an hearable Callout, which is faction spezific.
    It's like you have done crazy ****, to sneak behind the ennemy, and than you shout out: look at me, i am NC, please turn arround
    and kill me... and most of the time, it's not worth it, when you're working with the stalker
    • Up x 1
  14. Rohxer

Yeah I only spot when I specifically want them to know I'm around, or else I'm 100% sure I'm gonna die - e.g. I empty my magazine and the still-living HA has spun around and started shooting - and would like to snag at least some assist xp.

So many times I hear an enemy spotting someone and I change whatever I had planned, instead to go follow the voice. When they're busy spotting it usually means they're not paying attention to their backside.
  15. Nolyzzlel

very detailed stuff u have there and great way to play this ^^
    but I would kill u with an SMG infiltrator ^^
  16. Rohxer

Not if we saw each other at 40m+ away... Though If I run that gun in a tower and we turn the corner face-to-face, yeah, I have no chance. :)

It's funny, because I actually find myself backing up as I fire with this gun (esp. vs shotguns), whereas with an SMG I'd always move forward as I fired.
  17. Nolyzzlel

jee okei but try to see me at 40m+ range when I'm cloaked ^^
    but je on mid range is the scout rifle much better then the smg. But for me its more fun with the smg because u can infiltrate the enemys much better then with a scout rifle
  18. TeknoBug

The Artemis is one of my favorite weapons in the whole game with the Reaper DMR being a very close second. The Stalker is a great gun but I end up using the Cyclone because of its higher frontload damage.

PS- put a forward grip on that thing!
  19. Rohxer

Ultra settings I see cloakers beyond 100m, easy. :p

Agreed! But after 6,263 Cyclone kills I kinda got burned out on that playstyle. :)
  20. Nolyzzlel

also playing in ultra but just see the cloaker with min. 4x zoom on this range.

Cyclon and Stalker defenetly the cyvlon the way to go. Love that SMG playstyle. Scout rifles are to ''unaggressive'' for me.