[BUG] [VIDEO] Stalker Cloak visibility bug - Helmet and Weapon

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Rohxer, Feb 16, 2014.

1. Rohxer

I had made two longer videos - about 5 minutes, straight from Shadowplay, but YouTube choked on both of them for some reason. I even tried post-processing with Sony Vegas, but no go. This shorter one worked though enough to at least see the problem.

The longer vids that I couldn't post were just more thorough tests of LOD as well as confirming that 1) IRNV scopes don't show us, 2) the decoy grenade still does nothing to the minimap except make noise, 3) Darklight from the wielder's perspective does not match the cloaker's perspective - cloaker's arms do not always light up when revealed, and sometimes light up when NOT revealed, 4) Darklight does not highlight the helmet and weapon when the originial post bug is in effect, and 5) the time to "almost full" cloak (ignoring helmet/weapon) after stopping and crouching ranges from 1-5 seconds.

Anyway, the short video shows that the helmet and weapon "pop" into view even when the cloaker does nothing. It has to do with movement of the viewer, maybe something about different LODs?

I also posted this on the BUG forum. Please visit the link here:

https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2...elmets-and-weapons-do-not-fully-cloak.173624/

And "like" the post in that link. This will move it higher on the list. Thanks!
    • Up x 11
  2. Rohxer

[Posted this in the bug forum by accident, meant to post here]:

......Aaaaaand this just happened in-game:

[IMG]

And it was immediately followed 2 minutes later by a "friendly" running up to me and shooting me point blank after I'd been crouching for 30 seconds. He said in voice comms "sorry man you weren't glowing". Bugs upon bugs upon bugs...

(And the best part was after I was revived I was immediately blown up by a sticky grenade... someone put a sticky grenade on my corpse?!?! So I dropped a mine at my feet and shot it. That was enough for one night.)
    • Up x 1
  3. Takoita

Huh, I thought those times I got discovered instantly were because the crosshair changes colors when there is an enemy inside it within a certain distance.
  4. GunsmithJoe

That's also something that's not supposed to happen when you're cloaked...
    • Up x 2
  5. Rohxer

Right, and it doesn't. You can see that in the video above. Crosshairs only turn red when the cloaker uncloaks.
    • Up x 1
  6. Benevon

I guess it's better than the bug causing the head to not cloak at all?

Seriously, don't call it an infiltrator update and not address all the bugs that have been plaguing the class already. Now it just introduced new ones.
    • Up x 4
  7. salembeats

Let's get the Infiltrator bugs (including this one and the Flash one) fixed, SOE!

We dont have medic guns which randomly don't heal people, HA shields which randomly don't turn on, or LA jumpjets which randomly give out in midair.

Can we have cloaks which work consistently?!
  8. Tenebrae Aeterna

Liked.

Explains some things.
  9. Rohxer

10. K2k4

Well at least they are trying to address it. Imo should be fixed in a midweek mini patch as it is game breaking for the cloak to be this ineffective.