[Video] Stalker Cloak used to last 3x this length. Over-nerfed.

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by salembeats, Feb 10, 2014.

1. Tenebrae Aeterna

If they do that, I'm sure that about 90% of us will quit...
  2. salembeats

Except the new cloak doesn't even let you do that... :rolleyes:

sigh. :(
  3. Epicstrat

It would make sense though. From a gameplay standpoint, the ideas you have about the role of infiltrators seems to be popular and the changes would add exciting new gameplay that remains balanced. From a standpoint of making money, however, SOE would gain little to no money from your changes because there are no weapons to monetize. SOE makes money off of a anti-radar implant, but not off of one which is a tool or suit slot. Anyways, if they don't realize this the game will just die and I'll have to find something to do while I wait for Star Citizen to come out. Not the place for my conspiracy theory's anyways.

At any rate, stealth needs major overhaul and I'm frightful of the direction SOE is taking it. Maybe I'll make a big thread focused on stealth overhaul.
  4. Syphers

8 secs of movement time with a sidearm, no cloak improvement whatsoever to compensate and darklight thrown in the mix. If this is final this "update" went from relatively interesting to pointless no joke.
    • Up x 2
  5. salembeats

Don't forget: IRNV shows cloakers as of this update as well (tested it on test server).
  6. Tenebrae Aeterna

I'd like to think that the development team consists of intelligent folk that would already realize that this sort of thing will destroy the game. There's already a huge amount of people that don't even want temporary implants and percieve it as a pay to win mechanic...so if they further emphasize that through such a system, you're going to see what little population we have leave and this game will fall apart.

...which means Everquest: Next is dead before it even begins.

My apologies, they're pushing us into long ranged sniping. :p
  7. Bape

They better restore stalker cloak to how it was on the first patch or I guarantee 90% of the infiltrators will be on hunter cloak still.
    • Up x 1
  8. salembeats

Especially since my video shows MAX LEVEL (after dropping ~ 1800 certs into it).

But at the FIRST LEVEL...?

Imagine having the same cloak duration and waiting TWICE AS LONG as the time shown in the video for it to recharge.

Maybe I'll do a video comparing the first level of stalker to the first level of hunter...
    • Up x 1
  9. ISKNausicaa

Balancing against something not even in the final stages of conception is so far beyond bad design its hilarious.

If that is their intent and this is the reason we are being kicked in the nuts in our *own* patch then i simply will not be here to be forced into *any* corner.
  10. salembeats

This log-in server patch is past its ETA, and I can't get into the test server right now. Once I can, however, I'll take a video comparing the first level of stalker cloak to the first level of hunter cloak.
  11. Tenebrae Aeterna

Likewise, but Higby tossed a tweet that the Infiltrator changes are this week. Where are the changes based upon our feedback, where are their fleshed out concepts to test? It seems that they're making the changes in the dark and forcing them upon us, rather than get more feedback on their design decisions.
    • Up x 1
  12. MajiinBuu

Even if they got rid of the cloaking sound for just the stalker cloak it still wouldn't compare to the hunter
    • Up x 1
  13. BloodyPuma

Its exactly as we talked about it.

1. Give NC op as hell sniper rifle, outdoing any other rifle.
    2. Read justified board rage.
    3. Give NC shotgun attached to sniper rifle [tabu among board].
    4. Read justified board rage.
    5. Tweak it to point 1. op as hell sniper rifle.
    6. Say everybody that SOE do tests and listen to the community = social profit ;)
  14. NinjaTurtle

Only 8 seconds movement speed is ridiculously under powered to the point that it won't be used.

It would be fine with an equal 16 seconds move = 16 seconds stationary or something like that, but as long as it was equal.

Considering we have lost our primary weapon I also feel it would be too much to ask that stationary was 100% invisibility and for the cloak sound to be at least half as loud as it currently is. This I do not feel would be OP with IR/NV and dark lights now able to detect infiltrators

I think SOE have seriously under estimated how much of a nerf not having a primary will be and have as a result been too harsh on the cloak to try and compensate
  15. KillSwitchWes

As of 2/11/14 I feel like the Stalker Cloak is nicely tuned. The only thing I would add to actually make this a decent cloak is to make the energy drain scale depending on how fast you are moving (i.e. crouched move = very slow drain, sprinting = same drain as currently on PTS).
  16. salembeats

Downloading the new patch now. While I wait... what's the difference?
  17. Ash87

Yes I have been beating drums about this all day *Grabs Wes by the lapels* WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE, SOME OF US HAVE TO WAIT 20 MORE MINUTES TO GO HOME

FML, Why isn't it 5 yet?
  18. salembeats

Don't bother. Just tested it. It's exactly the same as the video I posted. No fix, no revert, no change, no compromise. Still nerfed into the ground.