[video] Spectre auraxium and sniper rifles directive completion

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by veselie, Aug 15, 2014.

1. veselie

• Up x 1
  2. Rigsta

Congrats. I'm still working on the SMG personally, 3,000-odd rifle kills after that before I can get the Parsec.

Do you feel a desire to ritually incinerate any of the rifles now? ;)
  3. xxx-reaper

Very nice. I'm interested to see if it feels any better as a sniper, especially with the slightly faster bullet speed. Any fancy features that make it worth pursuing?
  4. MisterSlim

It's my favorite weapon in the game by far (ranked 3rd worldwide in Parsec kills). It is a faster paced, long ranged (NOT EXTREME RANGE), moving target killing machine. Faster reload and velocity means that you can spend less time calculating your shot, less time measuring drop, less time reloading, and less time leading targets. If you're forward-thinking, team-oriented, and like some mid-long range snap-shots, I can't recommend it enough.

A few notes:
    -It has bullet rise as well as bullet drop. I don't mind this, as a competitive shooter IRL, it is a logical thing to me. However, it takes some getting used to. Your bullets will travel in a true arc, rather than just a slope.
    -It has a OHK range of 265m, compared to the Parallax's 300m.
    -It has a built-in compensator, so your red blip will appear on the minimap out to around 150m away.
    -The faster velocity and ease-of-leading means that this weapon can easily pull off those more reliable 2-bodyshot kills at long ranges.
    -You WILL hate it at first. The bullet rise will make you want to punch things. Hard. Stick with it, and learn to use this weapon as the long-range surgeon that it is.
  5. 7evenGhost

I'm mainly playing the Moonshot and I just love it. The only way I could get good at it is (as you said) sticking with it. Once you have figured it out it's pretty much the best sniper rifle in the game. I also made a video of some nice shots.
  6. Get2dachoppa

This. That rise still drives me nuts sometimes. I enjoy the rifle quite a bit, but its my least accurate of all the BASRs because of that rise.
  7. MisterSlim

The directive sniper rifles also have a unique effect that isn't mentioned in the stats: demoralization. When taken out by a Parallax (whose name I hate, by the way. IRL, Parallax is a BAD THING!!), people tend to think, "It was just another VS sniper. One of a hundred out here, guess I'll try that again, because I was just unlucky that time". When they die to a directive sniper rifle (especially one with that auraxium badge next to it), they seem to think, "Damn. I didn't run into an average sniper. This guy is a threat. I need to keep my head down."

Just something I noticed in the few thousand kills I've gotten with the thing so far xD.

Keep Sniping the Good Snipe
    -Fr0st