[Video] SOE MAX - Dual comet VM2

Discussion in 'MAX' started by Matti, Sep 30, 2013.

1. Matti

Hi all

I just maxed out my ZOE an got the second comet for it.
    I have very little time spent with MAXes in general but there
    is most likely more of this coming soon

2. GSZenith

1) fracture VS comets AI.

equal skill a good vs max will be more efficant with comets than fractures.
    there are 2-3 guys on waterson that are capable for 1shoting with comets with extreme accuracy the speed also helps alot. a fracture max you can dance around np, comets you die before they have reload even with dancing vs the better maxs.

2) fracture, comets VS falcons/raven AI.

both fractures and comets are better, falcons you need to fire them 1 after the other to get a kill also have a longer reload.
    ravens are alot better for AI in between comets and fractures if the max know how to aim.

pounder and vortex doesn't work for AI unless target is afk and melee will be faster.

AV

1) pounders, i like them...and some other random guy. they are insane if you can land every shot and share the benefit from being lob-able behind something without exposing yourself.
    huge burst and can easy take down average tank 1v1 frontal.
    wins most 1v1 if getting behind with a burst.
    capable for 1v2.

2) vortex, good in group, decent max vs max @ range and vs standard AI weapon, loses to mercies <100.

3) fracture, awful, good if manage to find a safe spot and lockdown 1/100 chance. a striker will be better. doesn't have any burst so will lose to any tank that are able to aim
    (decent max vs max AI standard weapon max @ range)

4) raven, awful, suffer from fracture issue with slower velocity and no burst damage.

5) falcons, insane vs armor @ closer range sub 200. also decent max vs max, excluding other AV maxs where it only wins over pounders.

6) comets, golden vs armor with a higher level of ZoE no matter angle, best max vs max AI 1 reload for another max good up to 300m vs armor.
  3. Xasapis

Well, since all MAX AV weapons are getting gutted against infantry, we might as well look at those videos the way we used to look at the videos of liberator farming in the early days of the game.

Also claiming that comets right now are better than fractures is golden. Thing is, the main reason all MAX AV weapons are going to the chop block (with the exception of vortex that is so horrible it might even see a buff), is because of how good fractures are against infantry.
  4. GSZenith

ever used a maxed out comet max? everything dies so fast lol, i usually manage to kill HA's before they got time to fire of a dumfire
  5. Xasapis

https://players.planetside2.com/#!/5428010917251697713/

I'm not using a maxed out comet max. I'm using a maxed out max. 85% cert completion and only thing missing is the ammo canister and last tier of charge.
  6. Ravenorth

Comets still mostly require 4 shots to kill and trying to hit strafing target can be really hard because of the low velocity. The only reason why its seems so easy to get infantry kills with Comets is because most enemies you face are so stupid that they just start shooting at you without hardly moving at all.
  7. Matti

I have no idea if the Fracture can match the Comets and I'm not spending 2k certs to find out.
    250 certs for the extra comet however was so worth it.
  8. Xasapis

They are actually better and the main reason all AV weapons are expected to receive a balance pass. Comets are the "strikers" of the VS, cheap enough for everyone to have them. Not as good as fractures without ZOE though, so you do need to invest your certs that way as VS.
  9. GSZenith

yupp.
  10. WaaWaa

Needs a buff (not).