[Video] So that's the power of the 4th faction...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by freeze, Mar 1, 2013.

1. orionite

Ah, you are of course right. The pandora has been around.
    However, I disagree with the Nighthawk being rubbish. I 've seen TR absolutely mow down folks inside towers. Not sure they got a streak like the OP, but still it kills you faster than you can turn around.
  2. Sanguinary

My take on this;

Decent gameplay, I think you ran into a couple of average players, but decent nonetheless. I do however feel that jetpacking doesn't have the accuracy penalties that it should. It is inherently a gain, as you force your opponent to aim at a different level than normal, force them to shoot you primarily in extremities (damage modifier) while you aim down on their heads.

Other than that, I have no real issues with it, it's what Light Assaults do - Shock troopers who can utilize movement and the element of surprise.

Not tried the Pandora, but your gameplay does it justice.
    • Up x 1
  3. Zorro

Quality beats quantity anytime, especially with a smooth framerate. Those who complain about bunny hopping (except for the hitbox bugs) do not seem to know how CQC works.
    • Up x 1
  4. riker

yeah its strange, i love the supression system in BF3 but id hate it in PS2, it just wouldnt work that well
  5. Mylon

This. Jumping is just a poor replacement for proper vaulting/climbing. Removing it would make infantry combat more enjoyable.
  6. treisinegomoh

that was also my first impression. This video is like a bunny hop tutorial ...
    • Up x 1
  7. FnkyTwn

bahahaahahaahaha. Wait.. you think he's playing as an LA because of all the hopping around he does?
    He's playing as Engineer the entire video. Notice how he throws down ammo boxes everywhere?
    He's just jumping constantly.

Is that what you think SEALS/SWAT guys are doing when they're going into a building? That's what CQC
    is to you? They probably wear those special stilt/pogo boot things too. Complete element of surprise!

Osama Bin Laden was probably too busy laughing to defend himself.
    • Up x 1
  8. Atlien77

hehe, I was just messin with you, no hard feelings man ;)

well, we have some kind of suppression system with the flinching....
    I don't like it at all tbh
  9. Sanguinary

Yeah.. disregard that, I was kinda tired while watching. Yes, I even remember seeing him resupply himself. It was purely the jump-pad assisted jumping screwing with my head.

I'll be quiet now.
  10. freeze

I'm aware of that.

But as I said before... noone ever said anything; not my outfit, not my enemies, NOONE.
  11. Yago

Cool enough .
    I just remember when I had ISP problems in PS1 , ping all over the place etc .
    Was moaning and ******** about it all the time on TS and forums , yet no one mentioned I was sometimes lagging like a rubber band until I asked .
  12. Protostar

Don't worry OP:

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  13. Maarvy

Just to clarify for all the sad act's out there .

I play with freeze every day he runs way below 30 ping and always has nice fps .

Put simply for the short buss brigade .... he never warps .
  14. freeze

ya I know, but I have pretty much the best internet connection available in my country, which, in europe, is probably only rivaled by those crazy connections from the scandinavians.

I was aware that the video might catch some flak because of the bunny-hopping, and I seriously don't care about that.
    ppl just have to deal with that playstyle.

but accusing me of some sort of "cheating" (even unintentional) isn't acceptable in my book ;)
    ya, I guess ;)
  15. DemoEvolved

Bunny hopping is lame for this game setting and favors high framerate over low framerate players extremely.

How about no shooting your gun for 1.5 seconds after you jump. (have to redraw your weapon from a shoulderstrap)
  16. framperton

Because it would be sort of stupid to put your gun on your shoulder every time you hop? Or accidentally slip down the HORENDOUS terrain made of soap in this game that triggers the same effect as a jump?

I would just prefer they increased the amount of time it took to jump again. I mean you try jumping all over the place in your house. It's exhausting. let alone doing it in like 30-40 pound armor.
  17. Atlien77

Do you even know what you're asking?

sometimes I really think people just spout out the first thing that comes to their mind, without thinking about the consequences it might have, in the slightest.

"Hiking Simulator 2013" instead of playing LA
  18. lilleAllan

Every time some shotgun noobs start going on about how there's still skills needed, I'll post this vid in response.

Aim is all over the place, "positioning" comes down to running around in towers and bio labs, shooting in the general directions of guys who do not have shotties.

I don't think you're abusing bunny hopping, though.
  19. Mrasap

I like how you complain about the hit registration on the medic, but abuse every trick in the book to mess with your own hitbox.

I haven't met you on the battlefield, nor could I tell if you are indeed warping, but I can completely understand why everyone assumes you are.
  20. FendleyFire

Yeah shotguns are pretty good...