[Video] - Resuscitate (Medic Montage)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Mustarde, Feb 9, 2015.

1. Mustarde

I've been on a short break from infiltrator to do some medic gameplay and (soon) get the Darkstar for VS. Here's some fun gameplay moments using a variety of AR's (T1A Unity, CME, Terminus VX-9, Corvus VA55 and Equinox VE2 Burst). Medic is a really fun class to play, and there's few things as satisfying as squaring off against a HA and putting him down, right through that overshield. Enjoy!

• Up x 3
  2. The Funk

Hmm I think I expected more "resuscitating" considering the title but nice job.
  3. Ballto21

Whats that overlay in the top right corner?
  4. Corporate Thug

Was expecting to see non-stop revives, though this was good. Best fight was the last one at the crash site. Was on the edge of my seat wondering if that harasser that flipped over was going to explode, but nope, he pulled it off! Thanks for the video +1
  5. Rogueghost

6. Alan Kalane

#ConneryNCIsBad
  7. Boildown

So basically you play medic as a medium assault that doesn't need baby-sat by other medics. Its a legit playstyle, but even in my worst farm modes grinding towards auraxiums as medic, I couldn't bring myself to ignore my fallen teammates to that degree. I just hope your outfit knew to not count on you as a medic when doing their squad composition calculations. You were kicking as much *** as any HA would, but it was pretty dang obvious that getting killstreaks for videos was much more important to you than taking or holding points.
  8. Mustarde

You make a very good point however this would be my response: I am only recording moments where I had a good run. A whole montage of revives would be kind of boring. Furthermore, I have been that guy - reviving before clearing out enemies. It makes my outfit mates irate when they get a "hot res" and die straight away. Over time I have found a better balance between killing and reviving. I also don't go into the open to revive someone since it will likely get me killed (and still happens to me often when I forget).

I think there are many situations where reviving a teammate is just as selfish if not more so than leaving them dead to kill nearby threats. And honestly in the chaos of battle, I'm sure I forget a few bodies on the way. But if you ask any of the GOKU guys about my revives, I think you'll find that I manage to bring many of them back up after clearing out the bad guys.
  9. \m/SLAYER\m/

me too, but its not resuscitate, its opposing. and NC style - never checking the corners.
  10. AnuErebus

This is Emerald footage. NC is just bad on all US servers.
    • Up x 1
  11. Boildown

He killed Sinist once from his low 4 o'clock where Sinist had no chance. But other than that he fought some of the zergiest spam-invite-to-new-player outfits on the server (though SubG is even worse than PHX typically, at least with PHX you have to be careful of the odd BR 100 that has played for two years herding the cats). They make for great killstreak footage.
  12. MarkAntony

Fixed that for you....
    and it makes me sad :(
  13. The Funk

Meh a "good run" to me as a medic involves both rezzing and clearing. It's what I expected in a "medic montage" from a player of your caliber, especially with the title you put on it. But expectation's on me. It's a decent killstreak video.
    • Up x 1
  14. Mustarde

Some did check, just not right away, and not in time to prevent me from killing them. I've had several great moments trying to be a fly on the wall while a room gets crashed... Usually wishing I had my Carv-S with exmag...