[Video] Repair tip for engineers

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by Matti, Mar 7, 2013.

1. Matti

Hi all!

Here is a quick video showing how and why I move the way I do while repairing.
    Sorry to all you who asked me about this for the late answer

I hope this help so plz let me know what you think
  2. Crixus

what weapon to you have ?
    • Up x 1
  3. JesNC

Great tips, Matti!

Just as an addendum, do NOT become predictable as unse the same movement pattern over and over. If you keep that perfect circle up for more than 10 seconds, expect a bullet to the head.

Seriously, all it takes for a sniper is to compare your movement pattern vs his bullet's time to target and he'll know exactly where to shoot.
    • Up x 1
  4. Bhudda V1

i find so many engineers don't do this and i find it funny when i see a engy repairing a turret and he's just standing there waiting for a round to the dome, every time i rep something I'm moving in a very random pattern because i know I'm a good chunk of xp waiting to be cashed in if im not moving and jiving left, right, forward, back and if i have any kind of order i switch it up the second i finish that order again to something else random and off the top of my head, has it saved my buns? many a times i hear the tell tale bolt round wiz by my head and of course i bolt myself to behind cover and make it very hard to hit me making use of cover and hopefully nearby vehicles.
    • Up x 1
  5. DemoEvolved

How do ppl not know that?
    • Up x 1
  6. Matti

No idea, but I've seen a lot of players repairing while standing still and
    also people have asked about this, so here it is =)
  7. Matti

TRAC-5
  8. michigori

Darn! Don't give tips like that! I'm a sniper and a lot of people are killed when repairing because they don't move, but great video.
    • Up x 1
  9. Matti

Haha sorry, too late. Maby you have to get one of those submachines instead now =)