[Video] Pulsar C - Adding attachments

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Matti, Jun 24, 2014.

1. Matti

Hi all!

I've been using the pulsar C for a while but with the forward grip as
    the only attachment. In this video you will see just that in the first part
    and later I add the compensator, a reflex sight and high velocity ammo.

My first impression of adding these additional attachments is that I really
    like it. The Pulsar C is a mid/long range carbine so I guess specializing it
    even more is just good.

2. cruczi

Nice stuff! It's probably my favorite carbine of all. I prefer it over T5 AMC, Cougar, AC-X11, and by a very small margin, the Razor. One of its main perks in my opinion is actually the lack fo bullet drop, it's just easier to hit with at range compared to the NC and TR guns. I use it with VMS 3.4x scope.

I admit though that it's probably not statistically justifiable to prefer it over the TR and NC equivalents. I just love its sound effects and the way it handles.
  3. Matti

Thanks for feedback!

So far my favourite carbine is probably the Razor as you mentioned but I just got the attachments
    on the Pulsar C so maybe I will change my mind about it later
  4. ohknoh

Man I hate watching videos with high graphics settings. I used to be able to set my graphics high, now I can barely play with shadows on, I have no idea why. I haven't changed a thing on my computer, other than keeping it updated.

Anyway, I love the pulsar C. I've tried a bunch of different set ups. If I'm going with smoke grenades, I use a NV scope, most of the other times I use the 1x, or 2x reflex. If I'm attacking a base with a lot of distance between points and open areas, I'll use a 3.4x, but it does handicap you in close range. With that set up, it's best to just support your team, hang back a little and kill enemies rushing, or who are also hanging back. It's good to have eyes on the outside of a building that' has a point in it.
  5. Iridar51

If you use nVidia card, you could try updating your video drivers and adding PlanetSide2_x64.exe to driver's profile via nVidia Inspector.
    Reinstalling OS could also help, as a nuclear option. This tends to resolve program conflicts that sometimes affect performance.
  6. Visk

1. Fine tune scoped mouse sensitivity
    2. Equip pulsar C
    3. Add laser sight
    4. Add high velocity
    5. Add VMS 3.4
    6. Headshots for days
  7. cruczi

Laser sight = headshots now?

Adv foregrip is far better for that purpose, just sayin'
  8. Fellgnome

If you're not using the advanced grip+compensator on the Pulsar it's just a crappy Mercenary.

3.4 scope is also garbage as it ruins most of the recoil advantage of the gun and cripples you at closer ranges, you can pull off what counts for mid-long range in PS2 fine with an iron sight and you get way more versatility for doing so. Plus NC has the only good 3.4x scope, VS and TR have annoying ones.
  9. cruczi

Yes

No. VMS 3.4x is an excellent scope and works fine even indoors (for me). I dislike the NC 3.4x crosshair scope, TR and VS chevrons feel more accurate
  10. Lucidius134

You need dat 2X VS scope bro. It's legit as frick.

Also, That set up or Supp/HVA/Laser for towers if you got the aim and still want to use the Pulsar C in that enviroment.

Originally I just got it for long ranged harassment as LA.
    • Up x 1
  11. SeanFree

Recommending Vonic what to run. I lol'd.
  12. Matti

Yeah, I might try another scope but for towerstomping I think I will try to find a SMG
    or another carbine.

Thanks for the tips
  13. Visk

I think I know what I'm doing.

[IMG]

Try the setup that I recommended and you'll realize the gun doesn't need a grip or compensator. It's already really, really stable.
  14. Ripshaft

Try around and find what you like, but the pulsar c was my first love, since back in beta when it was called by a different name. I haven't used it much since the compensator and hva buffs, but I imagine it's basically the same deal - the foregrip makes a night and day difference, the compensator and hva make a fairly small difference, and contribute more to increasing the range at which you can accurately sustain fire, but offer no benefit to burstfire, which is what you'll be doing most of the time. 2x scope is the only way to go with the pulsar c - there's no other realistic option. 1x sacrifices fidelity within its effective range, and anything above 2x greatly impairs your close-midrange effectiveness, and obviously scopes get in the way of your awareness, not to mention the extra zoom being completely unnecessary for effective use.

The pulsar c is one of the finest ladies you'll get your hands on, and she takes awhile to really learn the ins and outs of. You'll have to feel out the sweet spot, but once you've figured out the burst control, and know how to burst hipfire with it, its an absolutely ludicrous headshot machine, though it'll put em down plenty fast even without any headshots.
    • Up x 1
  15. Fellgnome

I don't think personal stats are relevant unless you're just going to cop out by claiming your opinion is better because you've played the game longer/got more kills with a weapon or whatever. Fact is there are players who can do well with pretty much any setup or get great stats with it if they pull it only in the right circumstances, and they can still be wrong about the best set up with it - or it's a matter of preference.

My point stands that without the advanced grip and compensator the Pulsar is essentially a downgraded ( lower RoF ) Mercenary. It is very stable without them, sure, and carbines are **** at longer ranges anyway due to their unfortunate drop-off, but you may as well use a Zenith or VX6-7 rather than the Pulsar C if you're not using it as a longer range option.

3.4x I understand is more of a personal preference but it just requires more nuanced handling and is much harder to use at closer ranges. I use iron sights and can still go for a headshot playstyle for all ranges and it especially helps at closer ranges where the gun is at its weakest. You might have used the gun long enough to get enough advantage out of the 3.4x but I would never recommend it for your average user. I'll grant the laser would help for close range, but we're back to losing one of the only advantages the gun has over a Mercenary - which is kind of just overall a better/more versatile weapon and that sucks.
    • Up x 1
  16. Matti

Your setup probably works well for you playstyle but I have never seen you shoot at range the way I do.
  17. SeanFree

That upper 30's accuracy doh.
  18. cruczi

*though
  19. Lucidius134

I forgot what it used to be called back in beta.

Back in beta, the Equinox and the Solstices used to be the Pulsar though. (Pulsar SF = Equinox SF, Pulsar Compact = Solstice, etc).

I used to b the only one to mention it post-release but now i've gone and forgotten.
  20. Nakar

Identical vertical recoil, Pulsar C has better horizontal recoil (identical magnitude but the Pulsar C has better Tolerance). In fact, the Pulsar C has possibly the best horizontal recoil profile of any weapon in the entire game at 0.175 @ 0.3. If any weapon doesn't need a Grip, it's the Pulsar C.

That said if you run it it's basically the most accurate weapon in the game outside a bolt-action. You probably don't need it if you're Vonic though.
    • Up x 1