[BUG] [VIDEO] Phantom damage destroying vehicles

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ZEPLN, Jan 30, 2013.

1. ZEPLN

I can only assume this is an annihilator nest or a Liberator shooting me from super high-altitude, but this is absolutely stupid. I know this has been mentioned before, but I'm trialing a new editing software and decided I would provide more video evidence.

Can we please have this fixed? It's hard to defend myself when I can't see where the damage is coming from. There were no projectiles, projectile trails, or explosions to be seen. I was just taking chunks of damage from some unknown source.

Thanks
    • Up x 3
  2. Wintermaulz

I hate this. Libs at max altitude won't have their explosions register at ground level. I'll be rolling along in my prowler, then bam bam bam (like I have a metal helmet on, and I'm being beaten over the head) and suddenly my tank is in the red. Look up, and there's a lib.
    • Up x 1
  3. ABATTLEDONKEY

Thats a lib for sure. explanation is above ^^
  4. Wintermaulz

When I said register, I meant render. Oops :3
  5. Ghosty78

This is one of the annoyances I have with PS2. Perhaps because of the render distances or something. But taking damage and not having a clue where it is coming from. Worse is when you get the lock on symbol and take damage, but you don't see any smoke trail or even a projectile for that matter.
  6. ZEPLN

Yeah that one is pretty annoying too. Especially when you're piloting an aircraft. I want to know where the hell the shots are coming from so I can turn and face my aggressor. Frustrating :(
  7. SinerAthin

I agree, I absolutely hate phantom damage.

I mean, it feels like I've angered the king of the dead and now he's here to get me!
  8. MarkAntony

Hell sometimes I take damage as infantry with no visible explosion and then find out it's a lib.
  9. datfluttershy

The the funny part about it is the same as for the Lock-On Launchers and pretty much everything else that is possible to make your gaming time misserable: THE PLAYERS

Because there is utterly useless people on Planetside 2 that does things like that all day long the other few that don't come up with save and secure ways to cripple fun in gameplay for others are not rewarded, there just stomped by people like that.

Example 1: BR82 - K/D 7.07
    Thats the people you should look at and ask why they need to use exploits over and over again to become "better" then others whilest destroying the fun in this game for every enemy arround them.

Apart from Bugs that are present in this game, the only constant that makes this game miserable are the Players themself.
  10. Cevera

Not sure what these stats have to do with exploits o_O

But yea, getting hit by things you cant see is BS, no matter if its a Lib at maximum altitude or a HA thats not rendered
  11. datfluttershy

It was just an example of someone playing on the same Server i do that fires off-renderdistance all day. He and his "crew" literaly does NOTHING ELSE. Just as proof of my point that its the player using the bugs and glitches this game has to well.... cheat there way up the BR ladder and stomp fun and gameplay for others in the process.

*Off-Topic: Same goes for the Lockons - if there is 20 people usin it to shot off-render distance, that sucks for all enemys as well, but in the end its the Players choice to use it in that way.
  12. Cevera

Ah ok you know that guy.
    Thought you made that assumption based on his stats.

Yea that sucks. There are always people exploiting these advantages..
  13. Wardancer

Indeed and saying well you can do it tooooo! Does not really help since its really "#%"#%"# boring to sit there with your fire and forget weapons. They also remove all concepts of combined arms warfare which this game is all about.

The Zephyr is silly with is massive splash against infantry and good damage against tanks (one or the other people never both). NS Annihilator is even more silly with its massive range and ease of use and spammability (no cost, no cooldown, no weakness) and effectiveness against all targets. Come on this is not rocket science, sure give infantry something to help them ward of vehicles but infantry should never be _the_ force against just about everything. This is a combined arms game. The end.
  14. datfluttershy

Well i can tell you the result of a massive Lock-On army is, you are not going to cap anything. I feel bad when i say that i saw my very own outfit go balls to the wall 20+ Infantry Lock-On spam for almost 1 hour straight. Apart from the massive XP and cert farm for the Engis dropin ammo NOTHING PRODUCTIVE happened up there.

Same goes for the Lib crews flying ORD (off render distance) bombarding anything that pops up on there Radar. They wont cap anything either, they might even support a little bit more then the Lock-On puppets but overall there only objective is there score, nothing else.
  15. Wardancer

I have seen massive lock on armies cap everything because no defense was possible. If they get a tower satellite they can completley and utterly destroy anything in the base that could let the defenders move out to take the satellite back. (yes the defenders can do the same to defend the tower but usually it is the attackers that have the initiative... a wall or base that is already manned is a tough fight). Once they have said tower at say HVAR tech they can then proceed to wipe out all enemy armor, aircraft and sunderers. They then have free roam to bring in their own armor and sunderers into the enemy base which is somewhat easier because they are moving into an area with buildings, but even so they can just keep attacking from the tower.

But yes, the weapons and liberators are there to support the main push. The problem is that the lock ons pretty much lock down the main push more effectively than anything else in the game. Especially since while they are killing everything at range if something gets close they are actually defending the objective as well. A Liberator might kill infantry and tanks but if something gets inside the base the liberator is not defending anything it is just a dead weight in the air.

This is the problem with how the weapons work now. Shoulder launched weapons should be the reserve, the last ditch weapons the tools used to defend a base against tanks moving too close. Against aircraft without support being careless when other more potent weapons are not available or feasible.