[video] New PPA changes

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by gary the sewer hobo, Oct 15, 2014.

1. gary the sewer hobo

• Up x 3
  2. WarmasterRaptor

Doesn't look so bad!
    • Up x 1
  3. Jeralamo

So is the splash radius bugged or just incorrect. I just got off test too and the splash radius is not 0.1 meters.
    EDIT: oh yeah there has to be some incorrect values with how fast the harasser died
  4. eldarfalcongravtank

is this....A FREAKIN BUFF?:eek:
    • Up x 5
  5. WarmasterRaptor

So much for the apocalypse whining going on the forums eh? :)
  6. Paragon Exile

I'll wait to see its performance on actual players ;)
    • Up x 1
  7. Ronin Oni

yeah, I'm thinking the splash radius nerf maybe didn't take?

In any case, that doesn't look bad at all lmao

Actually looks fun, I always thought old PPA was boring.

If it stops long range spam effectively, I'll call this one a win win!
    • Up x 2
  8. gary the sewer hobo

The splash damage nerf is there. The MAXIMUM damage radius is now .1 meters, not the entire splash lik
    They nerfed the maximum splash damage radius to .1 metres, not the entire splash damage radius.
    • Up x 1
  9. sindz

Holy **** that spinning mag is pissing me off.
  10. Nogrim313

people complained it was spammy, so you made it more spammy? this wont change anything now theyll just be better at supressing an even larger area with next to no reason to aim.

people will just spam this more than before now that a direct hit is meaningless there is no reason to really aim just spam it, GJ SOE
    • Up x 3
  11. Catalyist

I'll happily spam this at everyone who asked for a PPA nerf! Awesome :D
    • Up x 1
  12. Ronin Oni

At ranges beyond 50-100m you won't be spamming crap. You'll have to single shot fire or 2/3rds your shots wouldn't hit a barn, let alone a barn door. the CoF bloom is pretty big. All these targets shown in video were <40m

I know it's max radius that was nerfed, but starting dmg dropoff at .1m instead of 1m means dmg drops off FAR faster than it did before.

when it takes 4 hits AT MAX DAMAGE to kill non flak armor infantry now

it seemed like every hit was max damage

I dunno, we'll see. This doesn't look like a nerf at all, but rather making it more effective and fun at short ranges in smaller bursts, while ruining it's old super accurate 200m from a hilltop spam...

This looks amazing. I hated the old use for the PPA. It was boring as piss, dgaf how effective it was it was lame. This looks amazing :D
  13. Nogrim313

4 to kill, okay thats a bit ********. i agree the old ppa was boring but actually took a bit of skill to lead and land enough shots to kill moving targets, the ones who were getting farmed were the idiots who just stayed in their useless cover taking splash damage
    • Up x 1
  14. AdmiralArcher

this looks reasonable......the range nerf was really needed....considering the canister and the marauder had fairly short ranges and the upcoming vulcan banshee will have similar short range abilities i think the PPA is finally going a direction that it needs to go. i can see people still using this quite a bit, which is a good thing
    • Up x 1
  15. Yeahy

Nope.
    Saw it somewhere that they changed resistance values.
  16. S7rudL

Oh god, LOL! Hope no one will be using it, cant stand the sound of the utterly annoying weapon.
  17. gigastar

Since it fires twice as fast, one person using it will count for two.

Since the effective range is much shorter, the source of the noise will be much closer to you.

Did you think your ears were bleeding already?
  18. DocteurVK

Me want !
  19. minhalexus

I think the cone of fire limit needs to be cut in half of what it currently is.
  20. Jerox

This doesn't really look like a solution.. removing the direct damage and increasing the fire rate.
    Spam is probably going to be even more frequent if this goes live.