[Video] NC6 Gauss SAW Gunplay

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by CerealBox, May 18, 2014.

1. CerealBox

Here's another video. Tried to shorten it a bit. I left a lot of kills and other thing out so maybe there will be a part 2.
    That BS that happens at 1:38 or so comes around more often than I'd like.
    • Up x 8
  2. MajiinBuu

Compensator and Forward Grip?
  3. CerealBox

Compensator and Advanced Forward Grip
    • Up x 3
  4. Pie Chasm

1:38 hit detection woes..
  5. Iridar51

Ahh, classic. Should've called this The Exorcist. And the God SAW is a god weapon, straight from angels' forges, made to expel demons from the Auraxis. I shalt cleanse thy land!

Laughed at 1:38, though that seems more like CoF issues than hit detection.
    • Up x 2
  6. EnsignPistol

In the days before time, an angel filled with pride fell from the heavens to a life of exile as the Demon King Vanu.

Filled with spite and hatred, Vanu spearheaded a charge of demons and specters, to overthrow the world of mortal men.

However, a man appeared with the power of God sealed in his SAW, and used this power to once again send Vanu into exile.

The people, grateful that the threat of Vanu had subsided, bestowed upon the man the title of God SAW.

Legend states: Although the man is long since gone, a single conglomerate continues to this day to defend his weapon, which they call the God SAW, and the power held within.

Those who posess this power are capable of becoming either god, or demon.

(And I will personally like the first post who gets the reference)
    • Up x 2
  7. WarmasterRaptor

Legend of the God hand ;)
    • Up x 1
  8. EnsignPistol

[IMG]
    "You and me, we're polar opposites. If you are the God SAW... then I am the Devil SAW."

I'll stop derailing the thread now, sorry....
    • Up x 5
  9. KnightCole

Yeah, what the name of sanity was that at 1:38!? Is THAT what makes the hit detect so **** sometimes?! OMG.......dayum. Perhaps thats it........See, thats the kinda crap SoE needs to fix.

And is the song used in the video the song from SAW? IT sounds like the SAW tune.
  10. Bibibla

The hit detection is fine, really : if you atch it closely, you'll see every bullet hitting the wall behind the VS.

The explaination is simple : if you start firing a weapon in hipfire mode, and switch to ADS, you'll end up with the ADS cone of fire. Try it on VR : first presss left mouse button, then the right one...

It's a weird mechanic, but not a bad one : it prevents one from pre-firing his gun in the process of aiming down sight.
  11. jiggu

It's called stop holding the trigger down, not hit detection.

Anyways nice video, and nice streak.
  12. CerealBox

Yeah, this is what happened. The first shot on that was like a frame or two just before the ADS snaped into place.
  13. Epic High Five

Best damn gun around. Never stop firing. Never stop loving that ponderous reload even when the video is sped up during. This and the Reaper are the two guns I keep coming back to now that I have all the interesting ones auraxiumed.

Unfortunately, Cereal, you didn't get the message.

Low ROF guns are horrible indoors and up close and will get you killed 100% of the time, obviously. If you ignore all the BR 90+ you killed in that video most of them were <20 SAW is bad QED
    • Up x 1
  14. CerealBox

The long reload really works for me. It slows down my play style (thats a good thing because I play really aggressive most of the time)
    By the time I'm done reloading and back into position, my shields are usually ready to go as well.

And yeah, CQC is...weird... to say the least. In those close ranges, it is much easier for me to land those 3 successive headshots and instagib. But it the RoF leaves the CQC hanging at times.
  15. Epic High Five

For me the reload means full shields and full health thanks to a medkit. Pop kit, hit reload, gun is topped off at the same time you are. No fuss no muss.

I love it in CQC but I'm also ADS to the core. I'm not a huge believer in guns being super specialized - the victor of any fight is 99% of the time going to be determined by who is more accurate and who got the jump on the other. If you take this as truth then it only makes good sense to use the gun that sounds like the pounding hammer of an angry god.

Or the Cyclone, ohhhh baby the Cyclone. Now there's a low ROF CQC gun done right.
    • Up x 1
  16. KnightCole

That is certainly nice to know lol.

Remind me never to fire before ADSing then lol.
    • Up x 1
  17. Bennybones

Watching this video I'm struck by two things. A, how good this player is at positioning themselves, B, how inaccurate the God Saw looks even when in the hands of someone with some skills.
  18. Mystogan

NC weapons are best for high-aim players, any 167 and 200 dmg weapon will kill with headshots faster then any 143 weapon. I am low-aim player so I suck at NC weapons and I am better at Orion and CARV since they are noob friendly (most noob-friendly is chaingun, I dont even have to ADS) but since I love NC I stick and try hard to improve my aim. Each time I switch to Orion I do better but each time I meet br90-100 NC that have an aim with SAW or EM6/Anchor- I feel like I met NC MAX around corner- tratata- dead.

I love NC arsenal but man..... you need great aim for the SAW.

Anyway- great video, always making me not give up and improve using a SAW.

Wish they buffed EM1 to 698 rpm...at least I would have more then 5 killstreak on my heavy when I dont have Jackhammer or Cyclone ;).

Epic Five- make your video of SAW gameplay.
  19. Chris Bingley

My favourite LMG.

Also, this is exactly how I use it, except with a lot less skill. Short ranges, 2X scope, compensator, adv. forward grip.
  20. Mystogan

BTW. Do you use HVA?