[Video] Infiltrator 2.0: Scout Rifles

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Mustarde, Jan 13, 2015.

1. Mustarde

It's been a while since I made a scout rifle video though I have been using them a great deal lately. I hope you enjoy the mix of semi-auto and full auto scouts!

Mustarde
    • Up x 7
  2. Auzor

The scout rifles may well be fine (and downright OP in your hands :eek:)
    Would you say the semi-auto sniper rifles are balanced however?
    (far less accurate on the move, low muzzle velocity -> bad semi-auto sniper rifle)
    The full auto scout rifles might also use a buff to muzzle velocity; 500 m/s is carbine territory.

Fun vid;
    • Up x 1
  3. QQlazors

I have to stop calling you "that sniper guy".
    So I have elected to call you "The Beamer Master." How fast are you clicking there? It looks impossibly fast.
    • Up x 1
  4. 7 Drunk Midgets

Loved those elusive1 kills and the trade. Nice video Mustarde.
  5. iller

Not sure how he does it, but there's always been the old-school trick of just binding mouse-wheel to Fire...
    It's not macro'ing and you'd be hard pressed to find any studio who'd publicly admit to calling it that.
  6. 7 Drunk Midgets

I think the video might have been sped up there, listen to the outfit comms.
  7. CapEnTrade

The semi autos are in what I feel to be a really sweet spot, perhaps a flat bit of extra velocity could be warranted, but they certainly do well with the Marksman.

The autos have a somewhat similar story, but they are underpowered compared to about every automatic weapon in the game. Stats.
    They should be more accurate, that's it. flat up to 550 velocity, slightly more accurate ADS, and add an advanced grip or flat improve the recoil. This would turn them into real marksman weapons.

Aim=game with these.
  8. PanzerGoddess

what cap said lol, not something id complain about....then again I play heavy infiltrator...story of my life, somehow I want to be running wild with heavies slinging darts instead of rocket launchers....
  9. Jackplays17

Nice vid. Anytime I watch your vids tho, all I see is ussually that xp boost. 1700 XP For an extreme menace kill...
    • Up x 1
  10. iller

That maybe true as well... but pretty much all top players who master high fire rate pistols at some point will usually do so with mousewheel simply b/c it's a more intuitive way to keep the mouse tracking smooth as a baby's bottom...
  11. Iridar51

Does it even work? As far as I recall, I wasn't able to bind mouse wheel to fire when I last tried it for Inquisitor.

It's probably doable with 3rd party software, but then might as well use macros.
  12. Inex

"This video is dedicated to all the Infiltrators who think Scout Rifles are undepowered"

Starts video by killing a MAX with a Beamer, and transitions into a V10 killstreak. #trolololol

As for the guns, I really want to like the 400-334 damage profile of the snipers better than the 334-280 scouts, but with how reliant these guns are on headshots I think there's not too much argument that the better ROF and higher projectile velocity of the scouts puts them as the better option for midrange Inifils. Of course, assuming you aren't just going with the short range BAs instead. :p
    • Up x 2
  13. Mustarde

The beamer kills are at normal speed, although I sped up the in-between moment during the end of that Vandal run.

I think it's a highly underrated sidearm, and the ROF is about as fast as I can comfortably click. I've gotten used to it as a great panic weapon, as well as something I can reliably use to extend killstreaks by 3-4 by aiming at the head like you see here. Never understood the beamer hate, never will.

No way I'd use macros and risk getting banned. And FWIW, the Inquisitor I am unable to spam at its optimal ROF.
    • Up x 2
  14. Darthjackn

Mustarde I have a quick question. How do you get the tag that says video in the gameplay discussion?
  15. Mefi

It isn't tag. They simply typed "[Video]" in thread name.
  16. ATRA_Wampa-One

Pretty much everyone in GOKU is a member and/or boosts so we maintain a very high SPH. The joke is that our outfit alone funded Hossin.

To be fair, killin a MAX with a Beamer is not something that happens like ever... but the V10 was total BS, especially since I remember that fight and being up on the hill behind him with mine killing all the snipers focusing him.

I've been working on the Phantom for my fifth sniper directive since I detest the XM-98's bullet drop and the only thing they really need is better accuracy while moving and ADS while standing (always crouch if you have to move and fire one) and better recoil decrease.
  17. JudgeNu

Not impressed.
  18. Scorponok

well you got good aim there...but you showed only TR and VS from what i saw there? weres the NC *sniff* i feel that you left them out in the cold..dont like NC? ;)
  19. Mustarde

No :)

I probably could have left the V10 clip out, but at the time I justified leaving it since it was in the same range (close-mid) that the other scout rifle clips were. Thank you for doing all my countersniping for me :p
  20. Inex

True. It certainly doesn't help the SA sniper's case that you need to use it in the same way as the BAs (stand still, go for headshots), but you need at least twice as many shots to actually kill.