[VIDEO] If you're not aiming for the head, you're doing it wrong.

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Visigodo, Nov 29, 2013.

1. acksbox

I have neither the reaction speed nor hand-eye coordination to aim at much of anything in close-quarter infantry combat. I make due by minimizing the amount of foolish (for me) rambo crap I engage in. Also, I can't imagine doing what the NC in this video were doing, all being huddled around the capture point in an techplant layout, with no one covering the entrances, all being within a narrow arc of fire from a superior vantage point.

Nor do I ever go toe to toe with those of superior skill/ability when there is an option I can chose that is more likely to achieve victory.

The individual who has both the most kills against me and who I have the most kills against is the same TR. In my opinion, he is clearly the more technically skilled player (his aim is better, his reaction speed is better, his familiarity with the game and terrain is at least as good), yet I have killed him more than twice as many times as he's killed me, even when I have been outnumbered by his squad/outfit/faction (and I usually take several of his allies with him). I recognize the threat he poses, and I change my tactics when I realize he is around.

In short, I fear him, and that's why he dies more when we meet. I am probably just another VS to most, but I have a near eidetic memory for the names, play styles, and tactics of my enemies.

Fire shorter bursts. It only takes the time of 1-2 unfired rounds (which is miniscule at 750rpm) to completely recenter the weapon.

If you are landing headshots, infantry is dead by the time bloom is out of control at ~25m, then you pause for a split second, and resume firing when your crosshair is over the head of another enemy.
    • Up x 1
  2. reydelchicken

What's all the drama about?

He has some quake live videos up, assuming it's him playing, It's no surprise he can aim in a slow paced game like this.

Besides, both the orion and the t9 are both very accurate if you use a foward grip.

And if you also factor in the perfect hit detection, and smooth fps he has, it's 100% possible.
  3. sumsitup

Nothing beats Quake for training twitch skills. Coming from Quake/TF2/CS(S) myself, I can say that these games didn't exactly hone my 'situational awareness' skills. It took about 60brs for me to develop the type of situational awareness that you need to play ps2 well. You can have MLG ready accuracy and HS rates, but if you don't know how to position yourself in ps2, that will only take you so far.

OP clearly has developed both skill sets.

Nice Vid, thanks for reminding me that twitch skill DOES have value in PS2.