[Video] I fight for Vanu!

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Iridar51, Jul 8, 2014.

1. Iridar51

No, don't worry, I'm not switching to Vanu :)

As with all my videos, this one began with the music, and I believe that music from Black Mesa suits VS very well.

Used music and loadout are in the credits.

As always, for best possible quality, I recommend downloading the source file (~980 MB).

Have fun watching and don't miss the bonus after the credits! Watch in 1080p!

I did cut some corners - cut out a couple of deaths, rearranged pieces - all in effort to make the video more enjoyable to watch, and keep up the flow.

Edit:
    My other videos:
    Light Assault Irony (video montage)
    Light Assault Basic Strategy video guide
    Take this life, my chaingun (heavy assault montage)
    Juggernaut, the Red Baron (ESF dogfighting montage)
    • Up x 3
  2. Selrahc4040

Gotta ask, how hard was it for you to think of the TR guys as the guys you need to kill? Whenever I switch sides, I often find myself shooting teammates and thinking myself "safe" in a crowd of enemies.
  3. Matti

You do find a lot of spots that allows you to get kills from behind at about 10-15m which is cool.
    It is however clear when you attempt to shoot at mid range that your recoil and spread control
    really is lacking for you to properly take advantage of what this weapon really has to offer and futher more
    realize the massive difference the Pulsar C is to anything you have on th TR side. This comes with
    time and practice if you have the dedication, will and talant for it.

Thanks for sharing and good luck!
  4. Iridar51

Revenge is sweet, isn't it:rolleyes:

I don't feel bad about it :) It's like taking out your friends to a bowling. It's not like I'm really murdering them, I just provide a challenge, like in any game where people compete. And Rothage, I believe, has a VS main on Ceres, so it's kinda funny that we both happened to switch sides for this fight.
    • Up x 1
  5. SeanFree

I disagree with Matti on the TR not having anything comparable, the Cougar is pretty similar in many ways. I'd still take the Pulsar C but still. Heck, we could even talk T5 AMC if we're just lumping together long range carbines.
  6. Iridar51

No, Matti is right, Pulsar C is a singular weapon. It has the lowest horizontal recoil among automatic carbines and the lowest horizontal recoil tolerance of 0.3, as well as access to Advanced Forward Grip, which cuts down horizontal recoil even further, AND a higher rate of fire.
    Pulsar C is a Formula 1 among racing cars.
  7. SeanFree

Hey, I never said the TR had completely equal weapons :p. Pulsar C is a beast and I'd love it for my NC. I guess playing an alt will have to do.
  8. Nakar

The T5 AMC and the AC-X11 are probably the closest Pulsar C analogues, although NC can also accomplish quite a good bit of all-around Light Assault performance by just using the default Mercenary. The issue is that the Pulsar C is sort of both the VS's mid-range carbine and its long-range carbine, so it has ridiculous accuracy stats without necessarily having a low ROF (577 isn't high, but a lot of alternatives or options in similar categories are 550 or worse).

For TR there's a split between AMC (mid) and Cougar (long). The AMC is not as accurate as the Pulsar C but it is the most accurate 143 damage carbine, it has an Advanced Grip, it has the best velocity among carbines, and it has the best DPM among carbines. It is slightly better at midrange ambushing than the Pulsar C and maybe a bit better in hipfire, but worse at efficiently dispatching single targets. The Cougar is slower-firing than the Pulsar C and not as accurate.

For NC there's a split between the AC-X11 (mid) and Razor (long). The AC-X11 has more bloom, less DPM, lower total ammo capacity, and worse default COFs than the Pulsar C and AMC, but it actually is the best up close because 200/500 is comparable in TTK to 143/750 (AMC is 143/652 and the Pulsar C is equivalent to 143/652 but a little better), making it arguably the best of the three at taking out single targets, and also the best at tap-firing due to the 143 damage minimum. The Razor is, like the Cougar, slower and not as accurate as the Pulsar C.

In other VS categories, the Ursa is more or less the LMG equivalent of the Pulsar C, but only has 550 RPM. The Corvus is sort of similar in ARs (except it has way worse tolerance than the Ursa and Pulsar C do) but at an even lower rate of fire. The Pulsar C is the only one that combines decent ROF with exceptional accuracy. I think it's mostly that crazy 0.3 tolerance; very few weapons go below 0.4.
    • Up x 1
  9. Iridar51

Wow, did you really have to spell "Iridar, you're awesome!" in so many words?

:D:D:D
  10. Iridar51

:D Sorry, didn't realize you asked me a completely different thing :p

Nah, it's not hard for me. For a first couple of minutes, maybe, then ERS (Enemy Recognition System) recalibrates, and acquires targets by doritos that are not green. I always use green for whichever side I'm playing, to minimize chances of friendly fire.
    Sometimes ERS flukes, of course, and I'm like "doh I thought this was an ally". And after playing Vanu, I accidentally shot allied TR a couple of times.
    So yeah, it's disruptive a bit.
  11. Vikingo

Good positioning Iridar, liked, subbed. You should do more of these videos
  12. Swiftly

I just have sort of a newb questions for you. I am just not in love with any of the Vanu Carbines. I think I might like the Zenith if it had access to SPA, but it doesn't. Still not sure why?

What do you think of the Vanu Carbines over the other factions?
  13. SeanFree

I like the VS carbines. Solstice is a nice controllable gun good for medium range, Pulsar C is good for mid to long, Serpent for a CQC bullet hose.

But the crowning jewel is definently the VX6-7. That thing is absolutely wonderful.
  14. Iridar51

Zenith doesn't have access to SPA. It does have access to advanced forward grip, though, but that's kinda useless, because you have to choose between it and advanced laser sight.

Ultimately, I'd suggest going with forward grip for Zenith and aim down sights with it in most (but not all) situations; going for headshots while using the mobility that 0.75x ADS multiplier gives at closer ranges, instead of hip firing for center mass. It's a good plastyle if you can master it. Conserves ammunition, kills faster, ignores nanoweave.

Myself I really don't like VS carbines. 30 rounds with 143 damage just seems underwhelming. And they all kinda look and sound the same - I just don't like Vanu aesthetics at all. Spiky gloves are cool though :D

The only VS carbine I don't hate is Pulsar C, the one that I'm using in the video, and even then mostly for its unique stats, it really is a superb weapon, one of the most accurate in the game.

It doesn't mean that VS carbines are weak by any means, just different, and not really suited for me.
    Solstice has very balanced stats and the quickest reload among all carbines, so in playstyle "get a kill - quickly duck to cover to reload - get a kill - ..." it works very good.

No-bullet-drop works good for VS carbines, because carbines have usually low velocity, and bullet drop becomes an issue at certain ranges, especially when using suppressor.
  15. cruczi

Arguably, the adv. grip matters more than the ALS for a weapon that has 0.75 ADS speed. You want to be ADS'ing as much as possible to get the most out of the extra mobility + accuracy combo. ALS is more important for those 0.5 ADS speed weapons that need to hipfire to maintain good mobility. For a good CQC carbine on the VS side of things, the choice is really between Zenith + adv. grip and VX6-7 + ALS.
  16. cruczi

I've recently been enjoying Solstice Burst with iron sight, suppressor and grip. The burst carbines are ridiculously good for maintaining good accuracy while on the move, they have by far the best stand/move ADS COF

[IMG]
  17. Redwave

Yeah I feel the same way often like when I play NC a lot which is my primary faction I switch to TR and I feel like I got to kill my team mates and it happened to me in Vanu side today I thought for a second my team mate was an enemy.