[Video] Hydra H-V45 Weapon Review

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by freeze, Nov 29, 2012.

1. freeze

alright, tried to do my first review

let me know what you guys think...
    I know that the mic is overly sensitive and I will try to sort this out

2. Recursion

I may have to give this weapon another look. I've been doing very well with the Pulsar for some reason. I attempted to get the CME to where I think it would work best for me with the advanced foregrip, high velocity ammo, the compensator, and a reflex sight (because I can't really take a liking to the other sights), but it's still not performing the way I'd hoped it would at longer ranges.

I find when I do very well with the Pulsar (I seem to use it at medium ranges often), it's not usually at the closer ranges. I'll usually lose the battle if the fight is very close and Heavy Assault is the enemy. Maybe the Hydra is the answer!
  3. Jac70

I've been using it since the start of release. I got it with Alpha Squad and it looked cool so I equipped it. So I cannot really compare it to other weapons because I haven't used anything else. Only thing I find is despite it being listed as a long range weapon, it's spread make it very hard to hit targets at long range - even with controlled burst fire.

One question, does a laser sight make any difference to ADS accuracy?
  4. freeze

no it does not...

sometimes, when the animation lags a little while going ADS, the crosshair already shrinks to a tiny + sign on the screen, before you see the sight go up.
    the random spread that you get from hip firing is more or less completely removed when aiming down sight.
  5. Apollyn

Love this weapon, surprisingly accurate at range, little recoil, fast fire rate, I win a larger number of head on fights than I have with any other. Only other weapon for me is Thanatos, Im a bit of a close range fan, this is my long range/open warfare setup with Reflex/ Soft Point ammo/ Laser sight. Well thorugh my 1k kills for the platinum medal/100 cert bonus
  6. Ashur

This thing is a beast due to the low recoil, you can just autofire people in the head and still maintain decent accuracy. The only annoyance is the lack of a 2x reflex sight.
  7. freeze

why would you slap a 2x scope on this?
    do you normally hipfire all the time and just go ADS for long range?
  8. Lavalampe

It's really funny. This weapon seems to have a lower initial recoil as the CME, which should be the "long-range" rifle for vanu medics.
  9. Atlien77

Are you sure that the CME's recoil is that much higher?
  10. Domnonos

Just bought the H-V45 today and must say I enjoy it a lot more than the Equinox :)
  11. Lavalampe

I dunno if the overall recoil, but the initial seems to be higher. It's damn hard to stay on a long range target with this "long-range" gun.
  12. Atlien77

ah okay, thank you.
    I was looking for more of a long-range weapon. But I guess I'd have to try out all of them with a higher magnification scope.
  13. Totemwolf

How do you guys recommend certing this rifle? Right now I am using the reflex 1 sight.
  14. KYAlila

laser pointer attachment pretty much removes the need for reflex sight because you get great accuracy without ADS.
    night vision scope and whatever you like for long range.
    warning: the 3.4 Holo scope is bugged with this weapon and does not give any zoom.
    Soft Point ammo is great as well.