[Video] HC1 Cougar - Light assault

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Matti, Jul 4, 2014.

1. Matti

Hi all!

Trying out the same playstye as TR that has been working well with the Pulsar C on
    vanu but I'm not best friend with this weapon. I will probably give it a few more tries
    and also play more with the T5 AMC to compare the weapons a bit more

2. Iridar51

It's basically a Razor. Though the different sound creates a different feel.
  3. cruczi

But the different feel doesn't really impact performance. I feel like I'm hitting more with Cougar, but my stats for each weapon are pretty identical.

Matti @ 0.32 - what is wrong with it is you're firing full auto and expecting to hit accurately at the end of the 35 round clip. Seriously, I expect better from you. :confused:

The weapon is just amazing for firing 5-10 round bursts (depending on range), with a tiny break between bursts to wait for the COF to normalize. This barely impacts theoretical TTK at all but makes the gun (just like Razor or Pulsar) very effective up to almost 100 meters.

Also, you said in your Pulsar C thread that the Razor is your favorite carbine. Cougar being practically the same weapon, I can't understand your opinion that the Cougar is "horrible", when your favorite is nearly identical. I mean, even if Cougar was identical to your fourth or fifth favorite carbine of the 22 that are in the game, your assessment would still be hard to understand.
  4. Iridar51

Yeah, he's a living disappointment, this one. I kinda lost all respect for him when I saw him lolpod infantry in one of his videos, and now this.

Being a jerk more than I should, though. Everyone makes mistakes, and not being afraid of showing them in a video also says something.
  5. Matti

No, it's not full auto. I quick burst like with the Pulsar C but I have to check out
    how to burst effectivly with TR carbines.
  6. Matti

https://www.planetside2.com/players/#!/5428013610404314497

That's you right? Just want to know what kind of player is trashtalking me haha xD
  7. Prikbord

Calling people a living dissapointment because they use rocketpods against infantry. Someone had hes teddy taken away from him when he was little...
  8. cruczi

AI Rocketpod users are despicable.
  9. Iridar51

Yes, that's me. I have link of that in my sig.
    I did not have a teddy, I had a plush dog called "Tyafka" (Woofy, if you will), and nobody took him from me. Pretty sure that doggy is still at my grandma's.
  10. Fellgnome

I have a real dog named teddy:

[IMG]

:)

He's hiding under my desk on my feet right now because of the 4th of July fireworks scaring him.

Anyway... I personally dislike the Cougar strongly. I left these comments on Matti's reddit post:

• Too strong of a right pull on a long range focused weapon
    • Too low TTK for practical use outside of very long ranges
    • Low velocity for a long range focused weapon
    Pulsar C is, in practical use, better in almost every way. Lower horizontal recoil, better RoF, about the same velocity, no recoil bias to compensate for.

Mercenary is even arguably better for long range while being way better for everything else. It starts with lower horizontal recoil, has significantly higher RoF, no right or left pull. It lacks ammo options and has a bit lower velocity, and lower rounds per mag, but if I had access to an identical gun on TR there's no way I'd ever pull a Cougar over it.

Even the Razor, a gun I don't particularly like, is also better for its higher velocity.

T5 AMC has higher velocity and slightly better TTK. It also has the advanced grip which might make it equal or better horizontal recoil wise - I am not sure how much the grip really does.

TR got their typical watered down stats for some extra bullets, but for a mid-long range gun that is not a good trade off at all. It is inferior to all similar weapons except when it comes to damage per magazine.

---------------------

My first love is the Mercenary, but I'd be happy with something comparable to the Pulsar C as well. Merc is more well rounded, while Pulsar C is the hands down most accurate ADS carbine.

I was so disappointed when we got a bad Razor knock off as our 167 damage tier carbine. :(
  11. Iridar51

Oh, I absolutely agree, Cougar leaves much to be desired. If I could choose out of the Mercenary-Razor-Pulsar C group, I definitely wouldn't have chosen Razor.
  12. DrPapaPenguin

Just bought the Cougar recently, I kind of like it. Had a hard time of it at the start due to horrible latency, but in the end we got along. T5 amc would still be my personal choice between the two, but cougar ain't that bad either.
  13. Megaman3300

Matti, I'm seriously annoyed with that footage in the biolab. You're expecting the gun to be laser-accurate while firing its entire mag down range; I don't like the cougar either, but innacuracy while mag dumping is a skill problem, not a problem inherent with the gun.
  14. Nakar

They are almost exactly the same gun statistically except the reload speed (Razor is faster), magazine size (Cougar's is larger), and velocity (Cougar's is 40 m/s lower, but still higher than most carbines; the AMC is the only higher one for TR at 570 and it's an anomaly). Technically they pull in a slightly different direction but the angle variance is the same. If you like one and dislike the other you have fallen for a placebo effect, full stop.
  15. Iridar51

And by that you mean there's no variance at all, right?
  16. Nakar

Yeah, just at different degrees which I forgot to write down before the DA stat site removed them. I think the Razor is some small up-right and the Cougar some small up-left, with no variation to the angle. It's effectively the same thing, other than needing to learn to compensate for leftward pull on the Cougar if you're unaccustomed to doing that. It's no different than learning the pull on NS weapons really (or the handful of other left-pulling guns out there).
  17. Matti

If you can't tell the difference between quick bursting and full auto you really are a bit to inexperienced to
    pass judgement. The problem is that I compare this weapon with the Pulsar C of the VS and yes I can't
    use the same burst and recoil control but even at it's best the cougar is a complete joke compared to said
    Vanu carbine. Even the T5 AMC is lacking by comparison and it's not only me. We are plenty of players
    doing better with VS carbine ATM.

BTW I will release yet even another Pulsar C video later to day and I have plenty of recent UL's
    out already.
  18. cruczi

But what about Razor? Do you take back your earlier comment of the Razor being your favorite or one of your favorite carbines? Quickbursting with the Razor should yield identical results to quickbursting with the Cougar, so you should really be comparing it to the Razor rather than the Pulsar.
  19. Matti

What I said about the razor was after a few quick runs with it and initially I really liked it.
    When I tried it I wasn't playing that much with the Pulsar C but I want to point out that
    I have less then 150 kills with the Razor. I will check it out more when I can.
  20. Nakar

The Pulsar C is insaaaaanely accurate compared with the Razor/Cougar. Doesn't hurt it has slightly better ROF too. Still, both of them are very accurate compared with the rest of their arsenal, and the NC/TR aren't hurting for slightly higher DPS carbine options that also work well (Merc/AMC).
    • Up x 1