[Video]H-V 45 (Hydra) Gameplay

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by freeze, Jun 3, 2013.

1. freeze

after auraxium on the NS-11A I felt like going back to the hydra for a little bit.
    that thing's still an absolute beast and I really can't blame anyone for not using it, hehe

I have fully cert'ed the CME now out of curiousity, so expect some footage with that gun soon.
    I quite like it so far tbh.
  2. pnkdth

I found HVA made the CME worse. Without it, it is a laser, and just happend to be my favourite VS AR. The commissoner also complement the CME very well. Add in C4, and you're an exceptionally versatile soldier. The H-V45, I feel, lacks too much in the close mid/long mid fights for me to use it consistently.

I seem to prefer the 652RPM weapons VS offer. With HA it is the Polaris, with LA/ENG it is the Solstice SF(smoke ftw), Infiltrator it is the Artemis(full auto scout rifle). Unsupringly I enjoy the T5 AMC and T16 on my TR alt.
    • Up x 1
  3. Vastly

I checked the effect of HVA after the last weapon pass. It added a 7% increase in velocity to the battle rifle. This takes the BR from 500m/s to 535m/s. The extra 35m/s means it takes 20ms less for the round to travel 150m. In 20ms, an infantryman sprinting perpendicular to the shooter travels 13cm (5 inches). I concluded HVA was a waste of accuracy.
    • Up x 1
  4. Halvorana

Sometimes with these gameplay vids (or the lazy mans montage) i can't tell if the person is good or if the people he kills are just TERIHORIBAD... I mean in the first scene just juking 8 guys like that makes me think the latter.

The Hydra is an average gun just like all the high RPM guns. In any situation where you meet somebody with a shotgun, you are dead indoors (baring they are not horrible)... outside any of the 167-200 bullet damage guns are better (the Corvus at med range honestly mocks the Hydra). Its like just picking an average gun for all purposes (which the starting Medic rifle with a laser sight is just as good as any other gun).

The Hydra is just a relic from before everybody has a maxed out Heavy Assault or 25% hp on all chars.

Honesty tho, half the kills in the vid kind of show you ran out of ammo because the Hydra failed to kill somebody and you had to knife them (there are a lot of these) which kind of relates to my previous statement.
  5. sindz

CME is worse than NS-11A in almost every aspect.

You should try the Corvus if you are bored :)
    • Up x 1
  6. Scientiarum

Care to defend your choice of a foregrip over the laser sight? I am curious.
    • Up x 1
  7. pnkdth

845RPM and 0.75 ADS speed. Grip makes the weapon into a fairly competent close mid range weapon, and the hipfire is still good enough to use in CQC. I recommend trying the same thing with the Sirius. I was myself quite suprised with the results.
    • Up x 1
  8. Slaidd

I actually did the same thing on my Hydra. I like the foregrip more with it's improvement on mid range bursts. I actually wish it had a compensator option as well for this same reason. And also I think the hip fire is pretty good in those oh **** moments when you round a corner and need to shoot someone right on you.
    • Up x 1
  9. freeze

I like the faster velocity the HVA gives :)
    however minor it might be. neither of the 2 ammo types really gives a big advantage. it's not like you gain an insane edge over your opponent.

After using the CME for a while now though, I dunno... it lacks something... maybe it's just that after the NS-11A it just "sounds weak".
    maybe with the new sound improvements that are coming I might change my mind again, hehe
    it's not like I perform worse with it or anything, it's just the feeling that bothers me a little.
    haven't had a real long-range fight yet to really put it to the testa ccuracy-wise. just the random long-range kill here and there, but nothing prolonging yet.

replying to these comments usually makes me sound like an arrogant jerk, but oh wells, here we go :)

- "lazy man's montage": tbh, 90% of the montages you currently see for every game are just bad clips slapped together with some music on top of it, that makes the clips seem less bad. cuts after every kill or if you're lucky 2-3 kills.
    nearly noone puts a real effort into these montages anymore. no proper editing, no self-made transitions, just the stuff that comes with the program itself.
    IN MY OPINION, unless you spend at least 5-6 hours to make a proper montage, you should save yourself the time and continue to record better clips, so it actually makes an impression without the music.

- the first clip: I invite you to make a character on Miller and send a tell to Deimos Corp. I'm sure they'll let you know where they currently are so you can play against them. then come in here again and tell us how TERIHORIBAD they are.
    don't mock ppl that you don't know.
    I'm not saying everyone in these clips was MLG-pro level, but if they were, I wouldn't be able to record any of these clips.
    at leats in my clips people actually shoot back.
    I can't count how often I watched a video of someone run around and shoot ppl in the back for 10 minutes straight. really exciting stuff there.

- the hydra itself: I seirously dunno how to respond to all that.
    I kill plenty of shotgun users (as seen in the video). and at medium range this thing still often comes out ahead of 167 damage weapons. I do it plenty
    I don't consider this thing a relic of the past. you should give it another go. there's more than Shotguns to CQC son, aka the knife ;)

alright, bought it a few days ago, haven't used it yet though.
    thx for the advice :)

I have to agree with pnkdth and Slaidd completely.

I think the hipfire on this gun is pretty good and doesn't need a laser sight to begin with. hipfiring is always a little luck-based, so it might screw you over with or without a laser sight ;)

when you ADS with a righ ROF weapon you need all the help you can get, because recoil is "per shot" so it jumps around a lot more a lot faster than the low rof guns.
    the foregrip helps you with the horizontal recoil, which is little harder to compensate for, than vertical recoil. although the hydra has a right pull.
    just try it out. it's just 100 certs for the forwardgrip :)
  10. sindz

If you stand close to medium range and shoot at walls it also clearly gives you must tighter grouping with foregrip which is a bigger advantage than whatever bonus adv laser would give you close.

Foregrip is also my choice.
  11. Halvorana

- the hydra itself: I seirously dunno how to respond to all that.
    I kill plenty of shotgun users (as seen in the video). and at medium range this thing still often comes out ahead of 167 damage weapons. I do it plenty
    I don't consider this thing a relic of the past. you should give it another go. there's more than Shotguns to CQC son, aka the knife

I mentioned all of that specifically. You constantly ran out of ammo and had to knife people (where you would not have had to with a different gun). And I did see alot of people miss you point blank with Shotguns... that does not make the Hydra good, it makes them bad. And there was plenty of juking you did that did make a lot of people look really terrible, maybe they were not bad, maybe they were sick that day, but it did not make them look like good players.

Not really sure what else to say, those are legitimate observations. I was not trying to cause your frontal lobe to twitch, I also did not say I hated the vid.