[Video] Gunplay: TRAC-5

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by CerealBox, Dec 5, 2014.

1. CerealBox

Hope you guys enjoy this one.
    The trac-5 was a little difficult to understand because I'm used to the 167 damage NC carbines. That aside, I really enjoyed having more bullets per magazine while fighting multiple enemies
    • Up x 4
  2. Iridar51

Nice video, will add to the guide.
    Though I think using it with Forward Grip made you miss out on how good of a hip fire TRAC 5 has.
  3. Saool

Really nice. Your head shot count is very impressive. Something I need to work on.

I am am curious about your mouse set up. Throughout the video you made some very fast point of view changes. Do you prefer higher or lower sensitivity? I have been slowly lowering my mouse sensitivity to try and improve my accuracy, and have my aim down sights sensitivity even lower to try and get more head shots.

What do you advise?
  4. Leivve

*Sniff* Another traitor has seen the light of the TR. It's good to know that even those who were born in darkness can still see our glowing greatness.
    /JK

Get yourself the Jaguar (250 certs) slap on a advance laser sight and some soft point and be all like "What are sights? I'm gonna go all Quake on this CQC ****."
    • Up x 1
  5. CerealBox

Thanks, I check your LA guide every once in a while to see what you update.
    I think your explanation of horizontal recoil tolerance has helped me the most.

I purchased both forward grip and laser sight. I am more of a ADS kind of shooter so I prefer the Forward Grip. Also, it felt like I always needed more bullets to take down an enemy than I would have with a 167. so I preferred to keep my accuracy high (32%) to get good TTKs'.
  6. Iridar51

Huh, thanks. It's all for you, man.
    Ironically, horizontal recoil tolerance is the part I'm least confident in. Nobody seems to know what it is and how it really works, all we have are different unconfirmed theories at this point.
    Going for accuracy with TRAC 5 is not a bad idea. Its recoil stats are pretty meh, but as long as you're within certain range, keeping the aim on the target is not that hard, and then you can let the high DPS do its job; this is the only thing TR weapons are good at. You're probably accustomed to medium DPS of NC guns, so using a high DPS weapon while trying to get good accuracy really brings out the best for you.
  7. Pineapple Pizza!

Have you used the Jaguar enough to tell whether you'd prefer it over the Trac? I've never really felt comfortable with any light assault weapon on the TR, unlike the NC where the merc felt perfect from the get-go...
  8. Uncle_Lou

Nice vid. I play mostly NC, but my TR has been seeing more time lately. I've had problems getting the TRAC-5 to "work" for me for some reason. I've had much better success with the T5 and Lynx, but it may just be I need more time with the TRAC-5. I don't generally play LA, but I do play my engi quite a bit. I can't seem to get a feel for the LA play style for some reason.
  9. Dualice

Man your headshot rate is extraordinary. Very well played indeed.