[Video][Guide] Harasser Rumble Seat Repairs

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by freeze, Jul 24, 2013.

1. freeze

I tried to keep it short:

I hope this is helpful to some ppl :)
    • Up x 3
  2. KenDelta

Thanks for the guide , been having a hard time rumble-seat repairing.
  3. Phyr

Good, lets spread the word as much as possible so they'll be forced to remove this BS.
  4. Kingside

Once again, as with so many other glaring problems in this game, the issue has to be raised to a high level of awareness by becoming an absurd parody of itself before getting fixed
  5. freeze

you're welcome :)

I don't really agree that it has to be removed.
    some tweaking and then let's see how it goes.
  6. Masterofm

Some tweaking... Really? Come on mate. No other vehicle can do this. None. I wish my gunner in my prowler could repair my prowler even if it exposed him to fire for a moment. I'd certainly do it without flinching or hesitation.

I mean it's great that people found out about the problem and let SOE know about it, but it makes the harassers damn near unkillable.
    • Up x 2
  7. maxx

it does seem a little odd
  8. Goretzu

The other vehicles this was possible from were deemed exploits and it was eventually removed.

It seems strange, especially considering how you have to do it (as this video shows), that this was INTENDED for the harrasser to be able to do this.

However if it was then it would be possible to keep it, but Harrasser general armour and especially composite on top would have to be seriously nerfed.
    • Up x 1
  9. Vortok

As they mentioned it in patch notes awhile ago, devs aren't considering it an exploit so by all means make use of it. Besides, Harasser armor is getting lowered a bit in this patch which may help with fighting them off.

The point about hitboxes and Racer chassis was interesting.
    • Up x 1
  10. freeze

ya... I'd say we try diminished returns for repairs from the rumble seat... faster overheating.
    just stuff like that.

becuase completely removing the repair-on-the-move might break the vehicle.

they even changed the amount you can look down in the rumble seat a few patches ago, to make it easier to repair.
  11. Masterofm

Well it's more like even without being able to switch and repair, me and a friend was able to knock out 2 MBT's and 2 sunderers before having to stop for repairs. And that's before I found out about this trick. It would make us gods among men now. Me being able to just kick the crap out of everything without ever having to take a break? That's no good.

Now that I know this exists? It does make a lot of sense why I'm blasting the crap out of a harasser, they round a bend smoking almost dead to come at me 4 seconds later almost fully patched up.

It's baloney. Nothing else can do that. Speed, damage, easy repairs without having to exit combat? Something has to give in that equation.
  12. Kanil

Harassers? Damage?

You realize a Harasser has less firepower than an MBT's top gun? Even before you include it's main cannon? And that the Harasser requires two people to man this weakened weapon?

Speed, sure. Repairs on the move, yes. Pretty solid armor? Absolutely.

Firepower? No. Not even a little bit.
  13. Iridar51

Actually it would be cool to be possible for both the gunner and the driver to be able to poke out of their hatches and shoot from their personal weapons if they're carbine sized or smaller. Sidearms for the rest.
    Application and drawbacks are self-explanatory.
    • Up x 1
  14. Masterofm

Um..... what..... Yes it certainly doesn't have the stopping power as an AP shell, but slap on a halberd/vulcan/enforcer/saron and it's quite powerful. Especially since it's easy enough to get to the side or behind a MBT. Harassers have good armor and are hard to hit as well.

The idea that you are saying they have no firepower to me is a silly billy notion. I certainly am sure a few people were raging at me and my friend(s) for taking out 2/2 Vanguards, Mags, Prowlers like it was nothing. And trust me. It was nothing. If I was to be in my MBT I would have been sweating bullets. Instead I just kept putting rounds into them and they exploded. They were also heavily certed out too since they were packing more then just a basilisk, most had side armor plating, and some were using afterburner, anchor, and shields.

I will totally give you that they certainly don't have as much firepower as a MBT, but they have firepower all the same.

Only if the driver says "Pew pew pew pew!" every time he or she fires. Although really it would make strikers even more badass since you could just expend your clip on the turret and then bust out a moving striker. Those strikers get enough love as is.
  15. Atlien77

hehe neat idea...
    but I wasn't able to hit **** in APB like that, so dunno if it'll work out any better in PS2
  16. Phyr

If they remove it, and they should, they could then properly balance it.
    • Up x 1
  17. freeze

I don't think they'd remove it and then bring it back after a while tbh :)
  18. Goretzu

The firepower has to be balanced against high speed and acceleration, small hit box, serious armour & moving self-repair.
    The total package.

When you consider all that the firepower is VERY HIGH, when considered along with all the rest.

Lightnings pale in comparrision, as mostly like in overall power per resource cost do MBTs, probably only ESFs come close to Harrassers at the moment over all.
  19. Atlien77

I agree...
    Lightnings are just fodder for the Harasser.
    AI equipped ones can just run away from them and the AV harassers eat them alive.

sunderers... well I don't really want to kill it unless it runs away.

against MBTs it depends:
    there's 2 situations basically:
    - the Harasser can somehow flank the MBT and kills it outright
    - the harasser gets damaged and drives away for repairs

unless the driver flips the buggy, it's absically an endless circle.
    who repairs faster and who can wittle down the Opponent better.
  20. Goretzu

This is the main problem with moving self-repair, it largely means the only counter to a Harrasser is another Harrasser and we've all seen how badly that worked with ESFs.