[VIDEO] Genesis - a Planetside Story

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by P4nda, Mar 16, 2015.

1. P4nda

Posted to Reddit as well, hope you guys enjoy! Let me know what you think, reading feedback is probably the best part about making videos like these :)
    • Up x 10
  2. Jawarisin

I saw it on reddit already, but I think it's an amazing work. And it's actually made me realise that if someone made a movie with that story, I'd be willing to go watch it; way more than anything currently in the cinemas.
    • Up x 1
  3. SongOfDiscord

Absolutely amazing.
    It started as history and worked its way to present. And the assassination of Commander Connery... Is that a unique character model? Or do my eyes deceive me?
  4. P4nda

Hugely appreciated man.
    And I agree completely, would love to see a Hollywood or even an Indie movie made set in this universe. Would be interesting.
  5. Selrahc4040

You guys did an absolutely amazing job, even if it did come out tasting of spandex. Awesome cinematography and special effects; I hope to see more from you guys in the future.
  6. BobSanders123

Nice work man, love the cinematic feeling of it. One thing i would love to see in the future are 3d animations if possible.
  7. Killuminati C

Very nice choice of artwork during the "prologue" and the voicework is really well done! Good job!
  8. MadamTurtle

This sums up the background perfectly. I'll probably use this to explain the background to my friends when they ask.
  9. Flamberge

What game is that? Would love to play it!

But seriously, that was incredible. Voice work was good, IG footage was well chosen, and the story line was believable. Also, loved that firs picture of the city. Looked a lot like Coruscant from Star Wars with Galaxies superimposed on top.
  10. P4nda

As far as I know it was a generic model Alex pulled from the game files by using the ps2ls extractor you can find on these forums. He then textured/rigged and animated him, then put a Commander hat on him :)
  11. Boildown

Just saw it on Reddit. Amazing video!
  12. P4nda

Appreciate it! Really do.
  13. Killuminati C

After watching this again and seeing the outfit tag BRAC I started wondering if you were the one that made the "Whale Dueling" video as well. I checked your channel and realized you were and that I foolishly hadn't subbed. After that oversight was rectified I also noticed the Connery tribute to lost devs video and really enjoyed that also. I was at that event and you captured it extremely well. Keep up the good work and know the community appreciates what you're showcasing in your videos :) !
  14. P4nda

Ah :) Im glad you subscribed! I don't monetize my videos or my account, the only reason I make videos is so the community can have a fun experience so hearing about this absolutely puts a smile on my face and sort of justifies everything I do in one fell swoop. Really appreciate it. I promise you Ill try to bring exciting, original videos that have meaning, since Im producing for fun/lifestyle, rather than a paycheck.
  15. TheDarSin

Sounds like VS propaganda!

In all seriousness though, that's a great video.
  16. Demigan

Great video, well done. Although the stories beginning was different from the one I read, later on it became similar again.
  17. P4nda

Last bump for this thread, I thought I'd mention that professional french subtitles have been made and synced/uploaded! So for all you EU guys, hope this helps out a bit (Just use the "gear" icon in the bottom right of the youtube video).
  18. MuggieWara

Simply A-MA-ZIIING!

Though just a rationalisation of the wreched VS's murderous intends!

We are in dire need of a TR response to this and the bar has been set high!