[Video] For all those who say the vs max is underpowered + why cosmos is best

Discussion in 'MAX' started by Orbit, Feb 22, 2013.

1. Orbit

2. kukuman

dual cosmos isnt the best , it just fits to your playstyle ( spray and pray )
  3. Shasbot

Really? I found the consensus around here that Cosmos is the best.
  4. Cryptek

Wait... Let me get this straight: The MOST accurate VS MAX gun, is only good when played as spray and pray?... WHAT THE HELL ARE THE OTHER GUNS GOOD FOR THEN!? they're even more spray and pray than the Cosmos.
    • Up x 7
  5. Orbit

Last time I checked you can't aim down sights in max's so I'm not even sure how you would define 'spray and pray' but if you really want to put as many rounds down the line as fast as you can I'd say go with the nebula. But cosmos is definitely the best by far
    • Up x 1
  6. Sieve

Actually, they kinda are

Since the Blue Shifts are like the Quasars except with a smaller mag and much less accurate
    And the Nebula are like the Quasars except with less damage, higher RoF, and are less accurate

And there's the Cosmos which are like the Quasars except they're more accurate and have a bigger mag

So pretty much everything but the Cosmos are a downgrade to the Quasars, while the Cosmos are a straight upgrade from the Quasars
  7. z00k333r525

Lol like 11kills are your saying they are overkilled? I've gotten more kills in a shorter time with a sniper rifle does that mean that is over powered? That honestly wasn't very impressive.
  8. Jac70

I'm saving up certs to get some upgrades for my Max. I need about 50certs to hit 1000 and then I am trading them for the Cosmos. Hopefully it doesn't get nerfed next week but I guess they couldn't make it worse than the Quasar is now :D

Then another Burster and then maybe another Comet. When I heard people recommending dual Cosmos I got confused and thought they were talking about the AV arms. Has anyone used dual Comets for anything, is it worth the upgrade?
  9. Ztiller

I don't think the VS MAX is underpowered. It is simply the worst of the MAXs. That doesn't mean it is bad or underpowered.

It's a MAX. Is there ANY VS/TR MAX weapon that isn't Spray and Pray?
    • Up x 2
  10. Novmiech

You have the most annoying "R"s :confused:
  11. kukuman

heh , ttk 0.3 with a nebula+comet
    define best , i find that kill a toon without givin him a chance is the best , it saves your tank and time .

never said that it wasnt accurate , just saying they are not the best.
    let me get this straight , dual cosmos < hybrid anytime anyday

i love how you fat ninjas rush into enemies not saving your tank ratio and ends up dead just because you dont kill fast with that things.

first : it doesnt matter the gun is more precise on the paper once you get shot at
    second : it does matter that you kill the one shootin at you

third : it does matter to use terrain and doors to stop the damage coming at you , to reset your bloom , and preserve your tanking ratio .

fourth : all that i can see is a blatant case of spray and praying , u know why ? cause there is two buttons on your mouse and you choose to press them at the same time to double your damage and then you point it is the "best" , and facts are that cosmos+comet or nebula+comet > dual cosmos .

fifth : the fact you have to press two buttons at the same time doesnt mean you are not trying to rationalize the fact that all the claims about dual cosmos are meaning " cheap and noskill play ", and on top of that : ineficient way to play (how in the hell then can you claim its the best ahah)

just dare to say that a dps you have to inflict continuously is better than indirect fire , tankwise and utilitywise . itll make me have a lot of fun. if you dare , then explain why killing in 0.3 is worse than 0.535 (with a fat margin of error)
  12. TeknoBug

Um what? Cosmos has the smallest cone of fire of all MAX AI weapons, much less spray & pray than any of the TR ones.

Ahem
    • Up x 2
  13. Orbit

I liked that vid, and I think the tr are pretty much king of the spray and pray
  14. kukuman

speay and pray isnt about logic :)

and as he said , dual AV weapons arent his favlor but they are a quite good carnage weapon in med range ...
  15. Orbit

Haha so true, and yeah the AV weapons are definitely the best anti infantry solution for longer ranges. Though they barely scratch vehicles which is kinda silly. I'd be quite interested to see how the different factions AV weapons compare though I haven't a clue, all I know is I've never seen a tr max using them so maybe theirs isn't so good?
  16. Dreadnaught Wrex

You dont play TR do you? Think of having 2 shots that do the same against tanks and infantry like and annihilator hitting the front of armor of an extra armored vanguard. And with extremely small AoE. honestly, they are so bad you are better off using AA guns.

Anyways, to be honest that guy missed alot of kills that my dual cyclers could have easily gotten.
  17. kukuman

on my vs max as i already said i use hybrid config, but i like dual av on tr or vs maxes , i dont find the falcon better or worse than anyother and just play scatmax.

anyway , where you need a reload to kill an infatry on other maxes , the tr one can kill if you land both shots.
    on a vs max you can choose alpha strike or plasma spam , both have their uses ( first use is more like a scatter but long ranged )
    on a tr max its easier to get the killah spam because of the magasine , it has its uses for room cleaning/med to long range artilery
  18. Prodigal

The difference is that he's inside the fight, and not hiding far away like a *****.
  19. TeknoBug

When we see NC MAXs camping a spot, I pull out my dual comets, they do decent direct damage against MAXs and the comet reloads real quick.
  20. Orbit

That actually sounds like an amazing counter, I never thought of that. I guess it would be good for resolving those bio lab shootouts on the pads, you know the ones I'm on about :p how do you fare in close quarters with them?