[Video] Flash grenade fixed and broken at the same time.

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Village, Feb 5, 2013.

1. Village

Flash grenade has good sound effects now, but its biggest issue now is the fact it cannot be used in the situation you would normally use it, breaching indoor areas behind cover. You cannot quickly enter the area you have flash banged and need to stand rather far back to avoid getting caught in the radius, which penetrates walls.

• Up x 1
  2. teks

you were pretty darn close to the blast. did you try looking away from the blast as well? I'd like to see another vid of you hanging back a little more, and another of you hanging back, and turning your face. Please.
  3. Wrel Developer

I agree to an extent, OP. But if the Bang effect didn't go through objects, it would rarely affect enemies who are likely to be hiding behind any number of crates or knick-knacks. In games like Call of Duty, this is fine because the areas are much smaller, and throwing/detonating a grenade is predictable. In PlanetSide 2, cover is profuse and the kill timers are low, both of which limit the effectiveness of being on the giving or receiving end of this grenade.

Solutions?
    • If the effect doesn't go through walls, it should still affect people behind cover in those rooms.
    • Or, air detonation for more control.
    • Or, dampen/remove the blindness from the person tossing the nade.
    Just my thoughts.