[Video] EM6 Weapon Review from a VS perspective :)

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by freeze, Feb 24, 2013.

1. freeze

I hope everyone enjoys it
    let me know what you think :)
    • Up x 3
  2. UnDeaD_CyBorG

Another excellent video, and as a fellow VS player, I find it quite intriguing to watch.
    I also have to admit I somewhat like the oomph these guns have compared to VS guns, the heavy ordnance feel; It really takes watching/using it to see that.
    Still, thinking about the "No-Hipfire" part, while I agree, I like some of the choices I have as VS regarding that matter, and how much of an advantage it probably is to wield a weapon that, if not necessarily a good choice, can.
    • Up x 1
  3. Bape

Can you make a video on the Gass Saw im trying to decide which gun is better right now im using gauss saw now so bad but sometimes the recoil screw me over. So far the EM6 look good seems the recoil way better then the em6 but i prefer to see a caparison video between the 2.
    • Up x 1
  4. Bankrotas

Dude, just trial it yourself.
    • Up x 1
  5. Atlien77

Never really tried the NC.

but their guns certainly do sound nice :)
    thank you for the review
    • Up x 2
  6. KnightCole

Yeah., but Trials are a joke because we cant test it out with gizmos. I to am at a loss as to whether the EM6 is better then the NC6 due to the slacking trials. I am doing just peachy with the NC6, but the EM6 seems nicer.

Oh, and Freeze, What Camo are you using? I am trying to decide which Camo I would want at some point. At this point, im looking at I think its called Arctic Forest Greyscale. You using the Blueish looking arctic camo thing?
    • Up x 1
  7. freeze

thx for the feedback man, always appreciate your comments ;)

cheers, you should try'em. NC weapons are fun to use :)

I'm recording some NC6 gameplay, when I get to play NC again ;)

the camo I'm using in that video is the Alpha Squad one.
    on my VS it's... uuhhmm.... I can't remember, the whitest one of the bunch before the new camos were added... I never change the wepaon camo, so I forgot the name, sorry =/
  8. Prince Planet

Great video Freeze. I just started to play HA on NC and am kicking some *** with the stock weapon. "Seems" so much better than the Vanu Orion, but maybe that's being able to see the plasma balls.
    • Up x 1
  9. KnightCole

I have no real issue killing Vanu as the NC. The absurd dmg of the NC6 really overpowers the VS and their low dmg and high dmg drop off. They have high RoF, but the 200 dmg takes out the health pool before the 140 takes out the NC..usually, sometimes I lose by a tick or 2 to a Shielded HA, most likely using resist or he headshot me.
    • Up x 2
  10. Atlien77

I don't have any certs or SC to waste on an NC character, but I might give the NC6 Gauss Saw a spin :)
    • Up x 1
  11. freeze

hehe, cheers man :)
    I really like our Orion, it's just totally different from the Gauss SAW.
    it's like night and day.

ya, it's just brutal.
    I'd love to have a weapon like this as well.
    but I guess that wish wont come true anytime soon... if at all ;)
  12. Knarfis

@ freeze,

250 certs?? Ahh, mine cost 500 to get. So either i got totally ripped off or you have your numbers wrong. Nevertheless, does your opinion change any with it being a 500 cert gun??

I like you video and I dont mind this gun. I do not find it impressive the way you have described it. The gun isnt bad by any account, its just not all that good. I do to a certain point think it is better then the NC6 with its lower recoil and manageable longer burst fire. But you are right, hold the trigger to long and the damn thing becomes a pro at hitting everything but what you are aiming at. For a 500 cert gun the COF is outrageous and its accuracy is less then desirable. I personally have no idea how anyone can use a bigger then a 2x scope on this gun or shoot anything further then 50m with it. This gun is only good for close to maybe mid range shooting simply because it still have some heavy recoil.

I dont mind my EM6, there are plenty of things that could be changed to make it more in line with a 500 cert gun. For me it is better then they NC6 but not by much. For anyone thinking or looking at this gun I will simply say this, if you can handle the NC6 and are not pissing about it everytime you shoot it, then stick with it and save your certs instead of buying the EM6. If you just cant stand the NC6 then the EM6 might be a good option for you. I have yet to find a hands down good gun for us NC heavies like I have for my medic with his new Guass Saw S. Now for me that is an impressive gun with only one downfall, its low magazine.

Knarfis
  13. freeze

uhm...
    I have the alpha squad deal, so I wasn't able to check ingame.

Planetside-Universe wiki told me it's 250 certs and 500 SC.
    maybe they changed it, I dunno...

can anyone confirm it, then I'll put in an annotation in the video.
    sorry guys =/
  14. UnDeaD_CyBorG

The other Planetside wiki lists it as 500/700.
    I know for VS we got the SVA-88, which is listed in PSU as 500 certs ... but also as 250 sc. Things seem to not be quite actual there anymore.
  15. irishroy

the blue arctic camo is called "urban forest"^^