[Video]Double Grinder At Alpha Point of The Crown

Discussion in 'MAX' started by WaaWaa, Nov 17, 2013.

1. WaaWaa

From Yesterday's stream. It's really hard to get kills in a MAX suit, and the NC MAX is so weak! Needs a buff!

Edit: Final tally = 32 kills for 12 minutes and 1 death lol.

Also, for my setup I think I had Maxed out Flak Armor, Maxed out Charge. Grinders both maxed out mag sizes and slugs.

I only use that setup if I have support. Otherwise, it's full Nano-Auto Repair.
  2. Purg

I'm not sure if sarcasm or not. I hope not since you spent more time running away from the fight than trying to get into one.
  3. Chewy102

I don't see much good MAX play here. Good point holding from that team but Im not even certain if that was a real fight with so few enemy pushes and hardly anything more than 2-3 infantry at a time. What was the pop counts in the base?

It might be the server but I wouldn't call that a fight. That's a hit and run. Crash a point and as soon as you feel a threat get the **** out.

If you want to show off a NC MAX then you need to play like a MAX. I didn't see anything that makes slugs look good nor changes my mind on the NC MAX. If I was there Id be on the stairs and going to work with my Mattocks using buck, not hidden away picking off the wounded or running from everything I seen.
  4. WaaWaa

Yes standing still is a better tactic. If my NC MAX had lockdown, I should have used that instead too! I see the light guys thanks!

As any veteran NC MAX user can tell you also, it's really hard to use an NC MAX because you have to sit there and click each shot with TWO fingers EACH time you want to land a shot on an infantry. Instead of resting both fingers firmly on your mouse while you fire, your fingers have to push up and push down constantly, which throws off your aim when targets are moving. That's why NC MAX's are hard to use guys!

Unless you're using a Hacksaw MAX, then you have a fighting chance of course!

Thanks for your input guys!
  5. Purg

So what is it you're trying to show with this video? I'm genuinely confused here and I'm not trying to be an ****. When you go outside you're pummeled yet you seem impressed with your killstreak - which is why I still can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not, especially after your last post.

A couple of squads drop into A point and defend it against random rabble, someone seemed to be glitching the rooftop and killing people inside, any time you venture out a door, you're reduced to near death by single infantry then it appears you've all given up and want to redeploy to the warpgate. What am I missing?!
  6. WaaWaa

Why does a video have to "show" an agenda? It's just a video of something that happened while I was in a MAX.

To answer your other questions: I'm not impressed with my killstreak. In fact, I pale in comparison to good MAX users, and I know this. I'm just providing my stats for that fight. It's information. Extrapolate whatever you want from it.

That other squad with us was actually BAX, who is faaaaaaaaaaar from being "random rabble". You would know this if you played on Mattherson, which I forgive if you haven't.

Finally, yes a Magrider somehow managed to spam onto the point with anti-infantry weapons and was killing people on the actual point, compromising our defense of said point. Logic dictated that would make for a less defensible position that we were hoping, so we recalled and did something else.

Oh and that comment about being "reduced to near death by single infantry" that happens when you don't have a ZOE that can run through 10-12 infantry in one go in a matter of seconds. We actually have less mobility and range. Not a defense or an excuse, just a fact really.

I feel like you're trying to hard to bait me into an argument, when in fact this was merely a video. Please, feel free to think and comment more about the video. I welcome your opinion, even if it is a bit judgmental.
  7. Purg

Most videos do typically have a point or an agenda to it. I just wasn't aware that the point of yours was just a snapshot of a point cap at the Crown - which is absoutely fine. My impression (which may have been completely false) was that you were being sarcastic about the NC MAX being hard to get kills with and here's me casually getting 32 kills with it before dying. The kills you did get seemed pretty effortless and I think that's where the misconception about the effectiveness of the NC MAX lays.

My main has 263h in an NC MAX suit (and I haven't used that account in ~4 months) so I'm comfortable about what the NC MAX can and can't do. I'm not trying to bait you into anything, I was just trying to clarify your position. The NC MAX isn't weak by any means, it's just significantly less versatile than the other two.
    • Up x 1
  8. WaaWaa

I have difficulty getting kills in my MAX. It's a struggle. Furthermore, I'm not sure if in the last four months there have been modifications to the NC MAX, but it feels like it!