[Video] Content Preview: Base Building, Heavy Shield Nerf, Indar Revamp & Battlegrounds

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Razeroth, Dec 25, 2015.

1. Razeroth

Realise I had a slip of the tongue about the waypoints, it is the new bubble options and removal that I meant to talk about. Made this between christmas lunch and dinner :p
    Merry Christmas anyone behind my timezone! :)
    • Up x 8
  2. Scr1nRusher

Awesome video!
    • Up x 1
  3. Haquim

Awesome indeed!

Just one thing... "Isn't too resilient, almost like a Sunderer?" The Sunderer is the most resilient ground vehicle in the game....
    • Up x 2
  4. Razeroth

Thanks and yeh as I said a few slips of the tongue occured, I even called the battle rifle a battle rank instead at one point. I pushed myself to make it in a few hours and the process is record voice> edit audio > edit video > 20-30mins rendering > Create thumbnail and UL so only just made it, from 3PM after christmas lunch to 7PM for christmas dinner btw. :p
  5. Haquim

Well to be honest I'm not too familiar how vids like that are made, I didn't think it would take that much work for 10 minutes... on christmas, no less :/
  6. TherealScrable

Well done. Very informative. Thanks for the preview. I am a little bit too lazy to download the Planetside 2 Test data, also I have too much garbage on my PC atm.

Merry christmas.
    • Up x 1
  7. JobiWan

Thanks for the vid, very informative and really makes me look forward to what's coming.
    • Up x 1
  8. andy_m

Excellent video :)

I am looking forward to the updates and dusting off my BR100 character...
    • Up x 1
  9. Razeroth

Yeh it took me a long time to download it, normally don't get in on the action before everyone has already seen it, but had to check this one out as it is such a big deal! :D
  10. DeadlyOmen

Neat stuff! ...Except for the change to HA.

Its really a shame about how the crybullies have guided PS2 "fixes" through the years. The game should be about in-game challenge, not forum-based lobbying.
    • Up x 1
  11. Devilllike

Well now its way more balanced no more press to win
    Posts about heavy class been unplayable are coming! hahahah thats gonna be fun xD
  12. Pikachu

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Up x 4
  13. DeadlyOmen

In a game without immutable physics laws, and an infinite number of variables when it comes to combat experience, talk of balance is nonsense.

"Balance" is in the eyes of the beholder. Unfortunately, in this community, beholding has become a chance to cry one's way into a beneficial end via entitlement, instead of an opportunity to discover in-game solutions.

I would blame the video game industry, but their jobs depend on making money. Those that spend the most money are also those that want the most entitlements...even at the cost of their gaming souls.

We do live in the dark ages of gaming. There was time, before most of the crybullies were even born, that online gaming was a chance to be great, not a chance to convince the game devs that one had their win coming on a silver platter.
    • Up x 1
  14. Razeroth

Stuck between an ANT and a hard place.
  15. CNR4806

No Lightning Engagement Radar love? But still, very informative.
    • Up x 1
  16. Corezer

the heavy nerf is mixed for me.

it definitely needed a nerf, a nanoweave heavy got over double the health of other players, but I would have added explosive resistance to the shield so that it is the same as before against vehicles, also, instead of making the drain slower, which forces a fight against the shield, I would have increased recharge rate, so that heavies can use movement and thought to get more out of it than a one time use pop, and enemies can use hit and move tactics to try and get as much to idle drain as they can.

just seems a little deeper to me than slower drain/recharge.
  17. Devilllike

i almost clapped u should run for president hahahahaha maybe like Abe Lincoln

"We do live in the dark ages of gaming. There was time, before most of the crybullies were even born, that online gaming was a chance to be great, not a chance to convince the game devs that one had their win coming on a silver platter"

Almost dropped a tear but i do agree but thats not the case anymore now is it? so stop looking at the past and lets fight for the future
  18. Devilllike

Flak armor exists for a reason
  19. LodeTria

The largest crystals have 25k in them.
  20. NMdamien

MinecraftSIDE 2....