Video Capturing doesn't work

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by TheMercator, May 16, 2014.

1. TheMercator

Every time I want to start making a video with the built in capturing system, it says, that there is not enough memory. But on my harddrive are about 1.5 Terabyte free and I also have no captured videos so I don't think, that a limit in the programming could be the reason for this.
  2. ironeddie

It probably means RAM. How much RAM have you got. The video your recording will buffer in the RAM before being written to your hard drive.
  3. TheMercator

I have 8 GiBi but that shouldn`t be the problem, since PS2 doesn't use much more than 6 GiBi.
  4. ironeddie

well actually if PS2 is using 6Gb your operating system and other programs could be using most of the other 2Gb. Plus video recording can be very memory heavy. I mostly record IT tutorial video using screen recording software and when I had 8Gb of RAM my PC slowed right down. I was using virtual PCs plus the recording so the demand on my PC was very high. When I upgraded to 12Gb of RAM those issues went away.

Edit: also look at this logically. Your getting an error that says you don't have enough memory. The only two memory types in a PC are it's HDD & RAM. So if you have plenty of free hard drive space the logical cause for the error must be an insufficient amount of available RAM.