[Video] Banshee nerf - now on PTS

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Matti, Dec 13, 2014.

1. UnDeaD_CyBorG

The Banshee outperforms the crossfactional equivalent by ~30% and is the most successful ESF nosegun by a wise margin.
    Saying you don't see the difference doesn't change those statistics a bit.
    And yes, MAXes will feel the difference. You can't kill a Flak MAX with AOE alone anymore, I'd call that a significant change.
    And no one will have any reason to specifically cry about the LPPA, because the AH is still statistically better. marginally, but it is.
    • Up x 2
  2. Foxirus

Are you really trying to say the LPPA was even remotely close to being on par with the Banshee? If you are, I am simply going to laugh. As for not being able to tell the difference? I tested the PTS version that is going live tonight, Its a 3 second kill time on a NON FLAK MAX. So yes, I will be able to tell the difference seeing as my maxs ALL USE FLAK. Without flak unless all your shots hit perfectly (and in a battle, You might hit 20% of them dead on) you will kill the max in about 5-7 seconds versus the 3-4 seconds on the banshee.

What they did was balanced the Banshee to be on the level of the LPPA. They should all have around the same kill times now in perfect situations.
  3. Goretzu

I disagree, as infantry you have some methods of play against LPPA and AH (LPPA is slow and the AH needs to be much closer), but the Banshee just kills you.

The difference is even worse in an AA MAX where the Banshee is way ahead again (which is a major problem given that AA MAXs are supposed to be area denial to A2G).

Er... no. :confused:

NC noseguns aren't "better" than TR or VS ones at A2A o_O , look at them yourself they are much or a muchness.

The AH is way below ALL noseguns (in A2A) NC, TR and VS, except the Banshee and LPPA.

AH vs Needler&Rotary - AH vs Locust&Sauron - AH vs Hailstorm&Antares

So again the AH doesn't "own" air, it is much worse than EVERY SINGLE NOSE GUN IN THE GAME AT A2A EXCEPT THE BANSHEE AND LPPA!

The Banshee on the other hand is much better than anything else at AI, which is the problem with it.
    • Up x 1
  4. Foxirus

Couldn't help but notice the first kill in the Banshee Video was against another ESF.. Good luck doing that with the LPPA.
    You also notice he was not abusing the godly insane TKK the banshee HAD on maxes. You don't see it in videos but that stats show that the Banshee was outperforming the other AI Noseguns by a VAST margin. Yes, A LARGE MARGIN. It was OBVIOUSLY OP compared to the other noseguns.

Now that the Banshee has been balanced, You won't really be able to tell which one performs better. Though it still has the AA advantage versus the other AI nose guns.
  5. SuperTrooperWaterloo

The first kill was with a Needler as you can see on the name in the corner, mag size and the small crosshair.
    And again, i rly dont care about AI weapons for AA. Its up to you if you use AI nosegun+coyotes to be prepared for AA or just equip a AA nosegun.
    There are BR100 2/3 Liberator teams that kill your ESF´s with daltons precise like a sniper. Yet noone cares because thats considered as skill but 70 times 425 direct dmg, low velocity is too hard, especially when the gun isnt mean to be against vehicles?
  6. Foxirus

Are you kidding? Nothing pisses me of more than when a liberator can defy the laws of everything and hover belly up while its dalton gunner snipes into the sky. I have tried on numerous occasions to have the liberators mobility changed to where if you go belly up, You fall from the sky like a rock. I still feel to this day that the liberator is too mobile, Too fast.. Don't get me wrong however, I NEVER had a problem with the weapon systems on the liberator. Its a damn bomber and it did its job fine, It was just too maneuverable. The developers nerfed the wrong things.