[Video] Banshee nerf - now on PTS

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Matti, Dec 13, 2014.

1. Matti

Hi all!

There has been a lot of frustration over the m14 Banshee for quite a while
    and there has been some changes to it on the test server.

Basically its splashdamage has been reduced while the direct damage
    and as far as I know, everything else stays the same...except the sound!

I have to say, it really does sound cool now =)

• Up x 9
  2. TheBurningLegion

Bad players getting everything in this game nerfed.
    • Up x 19
  3. Auzor

Loving the sarcasm :p

As non-pilot I wanted the banshee nerfed.
    1m splash radius: wow.. they really did nerf it.. (I know, I know, welcome to SoE etc)
    Over 0.7m the "splash" loses 140 damage. This means, it loses 20 damage every 10 cm.. o_O

I would be interested in your "damage distribution" vs infantry: how much damage is done by direct hits (including 'direct splash') vs indirect.. I suppose such stats aren't tracked, pity.
    Splashing someone at 0.5m now does 110 damage, vs 200 now, and with the smaller total range things don't exactly improve from there..
    Looking at the footage: how much better is it than the rotary, "in your hands"? Because I have the impression you're mostly direct-hitting infantry anyway, at which point: the rotary fires faster, and is slightly more accurate so..
    Not going to beat the banshee still at AI, but you remain an A2A threat.

Me, I wanted the splash damage lowered, to 100 (halved), but I wasn't in favour of reducing the AoE range.

If I were a scythe PPA pilot, I would start to get nervous about my 4m splash range.. :p;
    so 16x the square area of a banshee round.

Judging from your sarcasm, you're not overly affected, but how nerfed does it feel to you?
    • Up x 1
  4. Bonom Denej

• Up x 7
  5. Sharmanti

Tell me the Serpent is fine: http://ps2oraclestats.com/?stat=kills&weapon1=19000&weapon2=7169&weapon3=7214

Oh **** I forgot, you just wanna be overpower. Oh darn it.

http://ps2oraclestats.com/?stat=kph&weapon1=20000&weapon2=19000&weapon3=7215

Vanu Carbines > TR. The Lynx compares moderately with the Serpent in KPH (something I can for the life of me not understand, must be player skill on the TR side, seeing as the Lynx is a straight downgrade).
    • Up x 4
  6. Allin

Previously when I tested banshee on non-PTS VR, there was an issue of splash not affecting dummy models, only direct hits applied to models in VR. This might be an issue still with PTE. I watched closely at the difference in video between VR and nonVR and it still seems that's the case.

If you don't see impact difference between OP infantry weapon and OP vehicle weapon, what you say does not have a lot of merit. Not to mention your argiment saying Lynx is simmilar to serpent, but that's becasue TR skill. Just, wow... Not to mention the guy challenged you on the fact of Banshee being OP, and you answered with random answer. Silly.
    • Up x 10
  7. FieldMarshall

Banshee needed to be toned down, but why do they try to make everything so similar.
    Pretty much removing splash from banshee and its just another generic nosegun.
    Couldnt they have upped the COF, flat out reduced its damage or dropoff? Or all 3?

What does the nerf mean? Well nothing for people who play air alot already, as they will hit what they are shooting at anyway.
    People who get hit the hardest is newer players trying to get into the airgame. But i guess they are used to getting spat on already.

I just dont see that much benefit from reducing splash damage compared to other things, further ****** over new players.
  8. lothbrook

The splash damage was the issue, its an 800rpm 500 m/s weapon meaning it could kill you in less than a second without actually hitting you, direct hits you were lucky you even got a indicator and just went to the the death screen, all of this out to render distance. The LPPA while having higher damage, splash, and radius has dramatically lower rate of fire and velocity, making those longer range instant death kills really tough, and the Air Hammer of course has to be in dumbfire range to instantly kill, lol.
    • Up x 1
  9. \m/SLAYER\m/

so much lolz
    • Up x 1
  10. BarxBaron

Sooooooooooooooooo

Mossie worst in A2A due to nosegun crappiness and reaver super helicopter mode now loses its only *real* advantage over the other ESFs.

Nice.
    • Up x 2
  11. Pootisman

So whats the point of the banshee now? Now its just another nosegun. A nosegun bad for A2A combat.

They should have kept the 2m splash damage radius, but lowerd the damage per bullet by 33%.
    • Up x 4
  12. Bonom Denej

Daaaamn you're bitter. Did I say anything about VS's arsenal not needing any nerfs ?
    Our PPA was rightly nerfed, I can agree with other factions saying that our Orion need tweaks, but TR ignoring the fact that the banshee is overperforming is just hilarious.
    Also, comparing an overpowered 100 certs farming machine on a ESF with an overpowered 1000 certs carbine usable by two infantry class is also hilarious. Prove me that those OP weapons have the same negative impact on the game and then we'll talk.
    • Up x 5
  13. DrBash00

Well, i have my 3000 kills on the Banshe, so feel free to nerf it 2 death ;-), i had my fun.

Btw. the sound is nice, nasty like chainsaw.... how i am hoping for a chainsaw for the infiltrator, and a splatter mode on PS2...

*rmmm*...
  14. T0x1s

You might want to take a look to this too: http://ps2oraclestats.com/?stat=aKPU&weapon1=4605&weapon2=4906&weapon3=4305

I would say buff Banshee magazine size and faster reload and it will be fine. Then Banshee will be able to 1-clip enemy ESF like AH. PPA should be better against air too but i have no idea how.

Right now AH is the OP AI nosegun.
  15. McToast

Moin

They should've kept the splash radius but reduced it's damage or maybe RoF. What this nerf actually does is nerfing the effective range on the Banshee. That means Banshee users will have to enter the same ranges as a Reaver with AH now to get reliable Banshee kills because of the tiny splash and large CoF. The AH will still remain superior for A2A combat. TR players will be whining for a good reason after this nerf. Until the AH also gets nerfed, it's only a matter of time now. Not that it will change anything, bad players will still get farmed by good players.
    • Up x 6
  16. Bonom Denej

AH is only OP in A2A duty. AH/Banshee/PPA are intended to be AI weapons. If anything, the AH needs to see its A2A effectivness go down.
    • Up x 3
  17. Flag

I'll just quote myself from reddit a few days back.

• Up x 4
  18. Outreach

Enjoy.

Sincerely,
    ZOE, Saron and PPA
    • Up x 6
  19. Sharmanti

True, but my response was mostly to TR getting nerfed, while VS stays the same. As always.. It's like the devs forget they have non-existant reloads, amazing recoil and high ROF.

The second part has the easiest counter-argument I've ever constructed. ESFs are expensive, they're easily countered (2-3 guys can cover 200. Seriously.) and even if the Banshee is a cheap weapon to purchase... Cheap =//= better/worse. It's all sidegrades (or it's supposed to be). And last but not least.. Most people play infantry. I've never seen more than 5 mossies at the same place, but I've seen 50+ soldiers. Easily. Say what you want, there's 10x more people running a Serpent etc at any given time than there's mossies flying around with banshees.

EDIT: I wanna add this:
    http://ps2oraclestats.com/?stat=vkph&weapon1=33002&weapon2=34002&weapon3=35002
    And
    http://ps2oraclestats.com/?stat=vkph&weapon1=33002&weapon2=34002&weapon3=35002
    And
    http://ps2oraclestats.com/?stat=kpu&weapon1=33002&weapon2=34002&weapon3=35002

Point being, notice how the Striker excells at taking down air. (The others are just to prove they all have thier own niche). The Striker being so good at taking down air is actually a huge disadvantage for other ESF cannons. I wouldn't doubt for a second that it affects the numbers.
    • Up x 1
  20. T0x1s

Exactly thats 100% correct. But you should not talk about the Banshee when you say that but Air Hammer as it 1-clip ESFs and deals 50% more damage against armor units.

Banshee is currently in a good state if AH gets AA nerfed and AV nerfed.