[Video] AV Turret Preview/Review/Rant

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by Wrel, Feb 13, 2013.

1. Wrel Developer

Let me know what you think!
    • Up x 4
  2. Halcyon

It's not OP. It does the same damage as a heavy's rocket launcher, and there's increased time to setup and you have to be stationary to fire it.
    A heavy can sidestrafe around a tree pop off a rocket and duck into cover. Can this turret do that? Nope.

Balanced imo.
    • Up x 10
  3. Sanz

I suggest you go watch that video yourself. All I saw was you getting your *** shot to hell and getting one or two kills. I do way better in a lightning. Yeah I guess 15 of those turrets set up on a hill could do some massive damage, but so do 15 heavies with launchers. Or 15 tanks.
    • Up x 11
  4. Speedy87

Finally engi gets some love...., i dont think its op ive been playing engi 90% of my time and i can say as a support class he isnt doing much supporting till now , no more being useless vs vehicles.
    no more resorting to HA to kill tanks and such now engi can make tank drives go oh **** aswell
    • Up x 2
  5. BloodRedWizard3

AMEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  6. Wrel Developer

If I could use S1 rockets from maximum render distance to hit Sunderers hidden behind trees or under bridges while sitting behind cover that comes up to my chest, I'd completely agree with you.
  7. Rusky

That's ok, you can use the completely noob friendly lock on launcher to hit anything at render range. Enjoy.
    • Up x 4
  8. mindbomb

i think the turret itself is fine, i have more an issue with the fact that engineers got it.
    as an nc engineer, i feel the gd7f is actually better than any nc lmg, and I also get tank mines, ammo packs, the repair gun, and the new av mana turret. This may be a bit too much utility for a single class.

I'm really more worried about inter-class balance rather than AV-Vehicle balance at this point.
    • Up x 1
  9. Ruvan

It's very difficult to hit a moving target at long range with a dumb fire rocket. Hence the reason why everyone uses the weaker lock-on missiles.

This turret hits like a dumb fire rocket at long range.
  10. Achmed20

are u kidding me?
    grenade spam (S Guns), ammo resupply, repair, mines, XP from healing maxes, vehicles and turrets ... .
    you have up to 7 weapons/tools and yet you are crying for more? boy you parents must have done a pretty bad job in raising you if you are so spoiled.

on topic:
    it has shields, they just dont render.
    also, in large fights they become useless pretty fast.
    if you are in a turret you become a vehicle (render range whise). lock on missiles can get you and you light up like a flare on the screen basicly begging every tank out there to shoot at you which happend alot to me today.
    but, it is pretty OP in taking out stationary guns
    • Up x 3
  11. Compass

Carbines
    Grenade Launchers
    Shotguns
    Battle Rifles
    AP Turret
    AV Turret
    Ammo Pack
    Frag Grenades
    Sticky Grenades
    AT Mines
    AP Mines
    C4
    Utility Belt

What doesn't the engineer have?
    • Up x 3
  12. Bluecricket

An active skill
    • Up x 1
  13. Jokka

I'm kinda upset that it's 1000 certs. I think it needs to be 500 or 200, it's REALLY damn expensive for something that replaces a damn near useless turret..
  14. freeze

another explosive weapon that's gonna be used against infantry

yay
    • Up x 1
  15. Halcyon

Half those things are common and universal.
    Don't really count.
  16. LibertyRevolution

Wow, you must be one bad ENG if you had problems killing armor without a HA...
  17. LibertyRevolution

No, you can steer the missile with the crosshair.. its wire guided.
    • Up x 1
  18. LibertyRevolution

↑ This

I play LA/ENG, this is making ENG even more OP than it was.. you think people complaining about tank mine sunderers was bad..
    It takes 4 of these to kill a sundy.. That means your sundy now has a life expectancy of <1min @ no resource cost to kill it with ENG.

You think the anni spam was bad.. wait until there is 30 of these looking over TI from the crown.
  19. Compass

Try doing this with other classes.

Light Assault
    Carbines
    Grenade Launchers
    Shotguns
    Battle Rifles
    AP Turret
    AV Turret
    Ammo Pack
    Frag Grenades
    Sticky Grenades
    AT Mines
    AP Mines
    C4
    Utility Belt
    Flashbang
    Smoke Grenade
    Jetpack

Heavy Assault
    LMGs
    Carbines
    Grenade Launchers
    Shotguns
    Battle Rifles
    AP Turret
    AV Turret
    Ammo Pack
    Frag Grenades
    Sticky Grenades
    AT Mines
    AP Mines
    C4
    Utility Belt
    Concussion Grenade
    AV Grenade
    Rocket Launcher
  20. LibertyRevolution

ENG have the ability to drop 5 tank mines, 4 C4, and 3 anti personal mines, SIMULTANEOUSLY.
    Now can decimate armor with a wire guided AV turret.
    You get residual XP from dropping an ammo pack.
    Can repair stuff for more XP, while those 12 explosives you have laid out net you 10 kills...