[VIDEO] Angry Tankbuster

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by WycliffSlim, Apr 6, 2014.

1. lawn gnome

let it bust tanks, but lower the rate of fire so it can't murder ESF so easily. make it a choice between defending yourself or murdering armor wholesale.
  2. Dead soldier

Yes, I agree 100% with you, The nerf to tank rounds against liberators was not needed and is imbalanced now.
  3. WycliffSlim

It can murder 2 ESF's easily. Hovering, unaware/distracted ones and bad ones.
  4. Chubzdoomer

I have a blast with the Tankbuster every time I use it, and I haven't even certed into it much.

I just hope the BR100 air nerds who seem oblivious to (or are in denial about) its OPness can convince SOE to leave it like it is! :D
  5. WycliffSlim

It's OP against people who are bad or get lazy. Ask any good pilot when/how they last got killed by a Tankbuster and I'll bet they'll tell you it was when they were distracted.
    • Up x 1
  6. Dreadnaut

LOL what a joke. Have you ever even flown a Liberator? It's one of the hardest weapons in the game to be good with.

I've got $20 says you don't have more than 20 kills with it.
    • Up x 1
  7. lawn gnome

you would likely win that bet, but i know how often i see liberators successfully dog fighting. i really don't think there are that many "masters" on connery.

it is an anti tank gun, why does it need high rate of fire? most ground vehicles top out at 100kph average is probably closer to 60 or 70 kph. do you really need 10 rounds per second against tanks that are going less than 1/3 of your speed? if that is the case then the dalton must be entirely useless.
  8. Dreadnaut

Anyone that thinks the Tank Buster is OP has spent absolutely ZERO f*****g time in a Liberator and has no idea what it takes to shoot everything you want to kill in 1 clip inside of 50 meters.

If it's so easy to do, go do it, and put up some #'s and show me you can do what we do.

Love all the TB hate, it makes me want to kill more of you with it.

9290 total kills
    8254 veh kills (89%)

7,856 - Dreadnaut (Mattherson VS)
    1,060 - DreadnautNC (Mattherson NC)
    232 - DreadnautTR (Mattherson TR)
    142 - DreadnautCTR (Connery VS)
  9. Dreadnaut

It's a tank killer, it's meant to deal insane damage inside 50m. If you're in an ESF within 50m of the Liberator nose, you deserve to die.

What you don't understand is how difficult it is to do that, while keeping situational awareness of everything else around you that can kill you.

• Bursters
    • Skyguard Lightning
    • AP Lightnings
    • MBT Main guns (Except Magriders, they're a joke)
    • MBT Secondaries
    • AA Turrets
    • G2A Lockons
    • ESF Primaries
    • ESF A2A Missiles
    • Liberator Nose Guns
    • Liberator Belly Guns
    • Battle Galaxies
    • Dual Basilisk Sunderers

I have to worry about all of those things every time I dive a single tank...
    • Up x 1
  10. Dreadnaut

Sounds like someone is mad because you can't do what I can do, and others that are skilled with the Tank Buster.

Put up some #'s then we'll start listening to your opinions. Until then, nothing you say has any merit.
    • Up x 1
  11. Gundem

First of all, reported for insulting another player.

Second of all, he's right. The Tank buster is no cheese, it's the hardest weapon to use in the whole damn game, and there are other weapons that work even better than it with much less difficulty.

What are you going to say next, the Knife is OP?
    • Up x 2
  12. IamnotAmazing

This thread is proof more than anything else that bad player take any and all chances (even just a montage) to whine about skill based, high risk/high reward weapons that they themselves are incapable of using, have no experience with, and die to it because of their lack of skill

done reading this silly thread
    • Up x 3
  13. Dreadnaut

A skilled driver can out maneuver the horrid mobility of the Tank Buster.

You somehow seem to think the TB is on a gimble that's aimable by the pilot. It's not and it is limited to the yaw and pitch rate of the airframe it's attached too.

My sig is directed at you...the type of player with all the tears crying because I have a high level of skill and it makes people mad. SOE is constantly making easy things EASIER, and hard things HARDER.

Tank Buster was massively nerfed
    Dalton was massively nerfed

It's big, it's slow (Racer is faster but you have crab maneuvering ability), and it's not easy to be good in it.

There's not a single crappy player that's a great pilot in the Liberator. It's requires the single highest skillset in the game.
    • Up x 1
  14. WycliffSlim

Don't you know. Montages are 100% representative of how this game usually goes they're not the occasional awesome moment you manage to pull off. That's why I just poop all over entire OAK and PREY and ZAPS air squads solo with a Tankbuster. I've seriously thought about making an "average life of the Liberator" montage.
    • Up x 1
  15. WycliffSlim

Here's the thing. I don't talk about things I haven't used. I can watch a game of NBA basketball and say that by watching them doing slam dunks is easy or making 3-pointers is easy. That doesn't mean it IS easy. People who are good at something make it look easy. I'm fine with you having your opinion but if you want to talk about how OP the Tankbuster is at least go out and try to use it.
  16. IamnotAmazing

I'm actually interested in how long you stay up compared to an esf or tank
  17. WycliffSlim

It depends. If I play very defensively I can stay up for a long time just like you can with an ESF or Tank. But... I get bored doing that and usually go find a massive air zerg and see how many people I can take with me.
  18. lawn gnome

it doesn't need a gimble with a TTK of 3.3 seconds. you point hold the trigger down for a very brief period and the poor sap has just long enough to figure out his tank is dieing. i have actively caught liberators BEFORE they started firing hit the gas and attempted to evade. the tank buster still drops you before you even hit 20kph, SO i would like you to trade the ability to insta zot tanks for a reduced fire rate that means you are actually concerned about ESF.

you want a real challenge go up behind a tank as a heavy assault without ever being seen and slap a C4 charge on him. i don't get top down attacks and an extra pair of gunners to go along with the points i spend for each C4 charge and at best each C4 charge nets me one tank. AND tanks can actually hit me reliably if i am ever seen. for a TB attacking a tank column is risky. for a heavy assault it is borderline impossible.

how about you join us on the ground for a while and see just how long you survive when you can't go over 300kph. you can even pop a MAX they are comparable in points to a liberator right? i won't even complain if you pop 3 MAX suits. bring those 3 MAX suits against a "skilled" liberator pilot and see how long you last. so should we be required to dedicate an addition 300 vehicle points and an extra person just to defend each and every MBT? or is it that you believe that the only type of ground combat should be large swarms of armor, since anything else can be dropped in a short enough time span that they have 0.0% chance to respond.
  19. lawn gnome

Air Zerg + TANK buster <-shouldn't there be some sort of associated problem here?
  20. Gundem

Funny, how the single largest source of vehicle kills is accumulated from, what ho, C4.

Tank Buster? Less then 1%.

Get. Owned.
    • Up x 1