[Suggestion] [Video] ADS view movement (the scope "lagging" behind) in PS2 vs BF3

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by SturmovikDrakon, Feb 3, 2013.

1. SturmovikDrakon

This has been brought up several times but no one provided any actual visual example.

I'm not a fan of the way your view and the scope constantly misalign whenever you try turn fast while ADSing, both with scopes and iron sights. It impairs my ability to quickly and accurately switch targets. PS2 takes it way overboard IMO, compared to ARMA2 and even BF3

Here's an example of PS2 compared to BF3

You can see how drastic it is with the NC carbine. Basically, I think it needs to be toned down.

Anyone else feel this way?

(even with the faults of BF3 gunplay, like extreme random bullet deviation, the game has some of the best feeling guns in recent years)
  2. SturmovikDrakon

BUMP because holy CRAP do these threads just fly by

The whining stays at the front page, and anything meaningful gets sent into the oblivion (the second page)
  3. ABATTLEDONKEY

Im not sure what the problem is. BF3 baby-proofed gunplay, set an ankle high skill-cap, and added shiny graphics to fool everyone. PS2 made it more difficult to aim while moving around/jumping which is the way it should be. BF3 went the COD way, and PS2 kept at least SOME of the skill.

Personally, I think that it should be more exaggerate. aiming a fire arm is NOT an easy thing to do. these is a reason why so many people make their living off of simply teaching people to aim, and why gun ranges exist (keeping your muscle memory sharp). gameplay wise, someone who is moving around, or jumping should be at a dis-advantage. the side to side strafing should put you at a disadvantage and only skillfull players should be able to pull it off. just my opinion anyways.
  4. SturmovikDrakon

This isn't about moving or jumping, I was standing in place the whole time. This isn't about the way the weapon fires either, I'm not comparing the skill-cap of BF3

I was standing in place and just moving my sight in the room. I've never fired a firearm but I have held one, and the way the scope just lags behind your view is unnatural and unnecessary. If this is their way of making gun play "harder" then it's not the way to go, it just makes it frustrating in CQC when switching targets

Even ARMA, a simulator, doesn't overexaggerate it this much
  5. ABATTLEDONKEY

Fair enough. you wernt moving, and in real situations, assuming your holding the weapon correctly. there is not a ton of adjustment necessary to acquiring new targets.

its very difficult to re-produce real life situations. if i were to, say 70 degrees with a rifle ready to fire, i would have a much different approach to acquiring my target as someone else may. some people move the rifle to the target, while others move their eyes to the target, and the rifle follows the body. in the second technique, you will loose your aim, and need to re-adjust, which is what PS2 seems to be simulating, since in this game, your never actually concentrating on aiming, but rather focusing on targets.

in reality, im perfectly ok with this. it encourages thought out, and calculated moves. it makes spastic twitch responses less viable, and really helps with the moving/shooting thing that i find to annoying. I understand your argument OP, but i must disagree with your complaint and simply say that, despite the tinges of realism(applied oddly), i believe that this gunplay mechanic is a good thing. higher skill-cap and better tactics encouragement IMHO.