Very Loud Beeping with Creative Soundblaster Tactic 3D Alpha Headphones

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by GaussianGamer, Nov 30, 2012.

1. GaussianGamer

I recently purchased Creative Soundblaster Tactic 3D Alpha Surround Headphones to enhance my gameplay experience. The headphones work fine until 5 minutes into the game when the beeping starts. Its very loud, and the longer I play, the more frequent the beeping becomes, until about 15 into the game the beeping becomes continuous. At that point the game is completely unplayable with the headphones. Note, the game audio works as expected without the headphones.

I opened a support ticket with Creative to see if they are aware of any issues. I will update this thread with any new info I get.

Has anyone else experienced this odd beeping sound?
  2. Auditore1478

Can we get some context into where this beeping starts? Do you fly or play infantry or use tanks, etc?
  3. Exigo

By the way you describe it its sounds like a issue with the headset. At first i thought you had the same issue i had with my Omegas, I had a faulty battery and that beeping was because the battery was out of juice. But i realise that you have the wired version.

As stated earlier i have this "issue" when my heaset is out of power. It starts out slow then gets louder and faster until it just turns off.

Hope Creative can help you
  4. GaussianGamer

Hi, The beeping occurs anywhere in the game, regardless of vehicles I'm in or location Im playing. The beeping is the same as an infantry, while in menus, or while repawning or relocating. As far as I could tell, nothing in the game had any effect on the beeping.

I also noticed that even if I turn the in-game master volume all the way down that it doesnt affect the beeping sound. I'm guessing there's an incompatbility issue here, and Im leaning towards a Creative problem since the headphones continue to play the loud beeping sound in the game while everything else is completely muted.
  5. Auditore1478

Yeah, that definitely sounds like the headphones are having a problem, not sure what to do to clear it.
  6. GaussianGamer

Its just weird because the headphones work fine with everything else(so far), and PS2 works fine without these headphones...just the 2 together dont work. Hopefully Creative will provide some enlightenment soon.

Here's the reply I got from Creative:
  7. GaussianGamer

oh noooo's! I stopped playing with my headphones until I get an answer from Creative, and today the beeping started without the headphones even hooked to my pc, and even after a clean reboot too. Its really impossible to play with this loud beeping :(

Now I dont know if its the game, some incompatability with my system, or the headphones. I guess the next step is to record a short clip with the beeping, and see if anyone else recognizes it.
  8. Ricodon

Same headphone here...no beeping...works perfect on my system with THX TruStudio USB on both (phones and mic).
  9. GaussianGamer

Thanks for the info, it made me go dig deeper in my PC, and I found the problem...

Turned out one of the last patches must have made my video card heat up a little bit more...just enough that it tripped the "beeping" alert that warned me my video card was running hot, DOH! :rolleyes:

My GPU runs at 97% - 99% now in-game, which is perfect.

I downloaded Precision-X for my Nvidia card, set a custom fan curve to cool it down more at top end, and now all is well, yipeee! :D
  10. Sirbagger

The only way to reset the timer in the headphones are to shut them Down then turn them on Again..

This is after making the update of both the reciver and the headset.. But STILL!!!!!!

NOOOOOO TOTAL!!!

RESOLVE!!!!!!
  11. Sirbagger

U only need to make the update once.. after that this "resolve" Work.. BUT STIL NOT A TOTAL SOLUTION!!
  12. bun786bunny

hi
    im also face this problem check this instruction
    wiring issue
    distance between device and headphone
    wifi and device issue
    check this website it will be helpful for you resolve this problem headphone beeping