Versitile Rocket Launcher?

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Okjoek, Sep 22, 2015.

1. Okjoek

I've been putting off getting an RPG for My TR HA. The dumbfire is fun. Just the other day I downed a reaver who was flying a mile in the sky in a straight line. I mostly use it for sundy hunting in coordination with my C4.

I was wondering what I can use that will be useful no matter what I'm doing, hunting a sunderer and possibly for scaring off aircraft which up to this point has been my weak point.
  2. DeltaValkyrie

The Striker obviously! (Well it will help tell aircraft to piss off at the very least xD).

On a more serious note, if it's working for you don't change it ... Decimator is also a decent option too.
  3. _itg

The Grounder is what you're looking for. It locks onto aircraft, but it can still be dumbfired, so having it won't handicap you in infantry fights.
    • Up x 1
  4. JojoTheSlayer

There is no "all in one" wonder launcher, but overall. Here is my list of valid options:

Decimator:
    Does a bit more damage than default, but if money/cert is an issue. Stick with the default one.

Annihilator:
    Locks on to both air and ground. You can not fire before you get a lock, which sounds bad, but isnt.
    Because you only use it on lock on situations. So once the lock timer starts, you press the left button down and you will
    instantly fire the millisecond it goes green. The dumbfire / lock on missile can do that so its slower because of human reaction.
    Secondly, the Annihilator flies to "where" the ESF will be in the future. It doesnt "follow it" like the other ones does. Short end of the stick. The Anni does more air damage and if in trouble on top of a hill. You can still lock on to ground vehicles as well.

Empire specific launchers:
    Striker: Useful against the low flying hovering ESF that goes for thermal AI frags...
    Lancer: Long range sniper AT, be it air or ground, but does little damage.
    Phoenix: Good damage, long TTK, **** vs air, but good against armor in a setting were have to shoot from cover.

Money no issue, get them all or the ones that apply to your Empire.
    If however money is an issue. I would argue stick with the default launcher and get the Annihilator as a main anti air backup.
    Maybe get the Striker or Lancer, but if you are NC you really should get the Phoenix regardless.
  5. Shiaari

If you were VS I'd tell you to get the Lancer and the Decimator, maybe the Nemesis too.

But being TR, you don't have the Lancer to fall in love with. So, I'm going to say you NEED the Decimator first.

The Decimator is a Heavy's bread and butter rocket. When you're pinned down by a vehicle at the most common ranges you're not going to care how fast your rockets go, or have time to lock on with guided missiles. You want the biggest, heaviest, hardest hitting rocket available that you can just point and fire.

That rocket is the Decimator. Get that first, and go from there.