Vehicle Spam, and Continents.

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Naithe, Jun 17, 2013.

1. Naithe

As most have noticed by now, we will soon see an increase in vehicle costs. From what I understood to stop vehicle spam and more.

That I agree with. What I do fear however, is that those of us who every now and then want to focus on vehicular fights, will have no place to go.

Now I might over dramatise it, but think of it like how, sometimes you just want to fight as infantry.

As far as I understood, the contients in this game where always meant to be dedicated to specific playstyles.

So I ask, is it not possible to make one continent that provides enougth resources, and tech plant benefits so that vehicular warfare, can exist on that particular continent. And for an extended period of time.

Esamir is "kinda" that continent now, since the very terrain supports vehicular combat well. the downside is the single techplant. (I know its supposed to make the base a hotspot, but personally I haven't felt it really worked.)

So please either make sure Esamir provides alot of vehicle resources, or give us a similar "open" continent, that both has good terrain for vehicles, and resources, and techplants for all empires.

TL;DR
    I do not want tank zergs to control every battle, or air zergs for that matter. But I do want to experience massive clashes of armor every now and then. So please give me a "playground" where this is still possible/highly likely to happen.
  2. Consumer

Very strange change for me, too. I'm one of those players who probably has 80% of his or her time as infantry but I love the time spent in a tank or ESF. It will be interesting how things turn out. At a personal level, it will be more restricting, but I imagine it will make the application or destruction of armor on the battlefield more impactful. And I suppose if, collectively, individual players or an outfit wanted to roll a column of armor, it can still be done. Yeah...don't get me wrong, this is still concerning, but I can't imagine it'll be all that bad.

On another note, I'm highly annoyed that Flashes will cost 100. I realize Flashes are used by many players for offense, particularly with the Fury, but most players I've seen use the vehicle for transport. You know, as it was built for. Perhaps 25 is too low for the usefulness of fast transport and 100 is still too low for the damage of a Fury Flash. But 100 is just ridiculous. I would rather see the majority of players, the ones that use the Flash to get from A to B, continue to use it freely if it meant allowing the others who use it offensively to continue freely. And where was that Flash Fury nerf that was floating around a while back? Was that applied already?