vehicle qol

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by IamnotAmazing, Aug 4, 2014.

1. IamnotAmazing

I have 2 suggestions

1. A timer for utility slots (ie shield or fs)
    2. Next to the pic of the vehicle on the right side of the screen an exact percentage of the vehicle health as the pictures are not porportionally accurate

Thoughts?
    • Up x 6
  2. Xervous

Infantry players don't even get a percent for their healthbar. Keeping in line with that, I think it would be more fitting to have a vertical bar next to the vehicle image that has a few sections marked off, smoking breakpoints // fire.
  3. doombro

4. IamnotAmazing

Vehicles aren't infantry #mindblown

Not everything is based off infantry
  5. Brahma2

That ain't what SOE thinks.
  6. nightbird

Agreed with both suggestions
  7. Xervous

Well, how about we give both infantry and vehicles numeric readouts for hp?

MMmm, lovely thought, deathscreens showing you killed them with 17 hp left.
  8. IamnotAmazing

I'm not against that

However the infantry health pool is porortional while something like the mossy what looks like half health is more like a third
  9. Xervous

Ah, the devs in their brilliance... creating a healthbar cutout in the shape of your vehicle.

"I'll take a box... easier to read the hp."
  10. WTSherman

I think first I'd like to start with self-leveling sights, like what aircraft get

Next they need to go over the secondary weapons and give them all sights that accurately represent their trajectories and cones of fire.

Then they need to go over the primary weapons and add range values to the current sights so there's not as much guesswork. Oh, and make them work with zoom so that the range numbers remain accurate when zoomed in.

Cooldown timers and more precise HP values would be nice too though.

And then maybe vehicles that don't have boost can have shift mapped to "low-gear", where pressing shift sacrifices top speed to get better torque/traction? That might help with the butter-hills.
  11. PKfire

Numerical gunner ammo counters

Numerical Fire Suppression and Flare countdown indicators

Percentage based vehicle health representation

In-vehicle voice com support

The ability to swap continents with vehicles (from warpgate)

Oh, and horns for aircraft. Super important.
    • Up x 4
  12. Brahma2

All I saw
    • Up x 4
  13. Mkgrider23

First off.... holy balls where have you been..... second off I like your idea about the smoking bar and ****. That is all.
  14. Flashtirade

Mil dots that aren't just painted onto the screen so that any kind of incline makes them useless

Switching the absolute elevation and relative elevation indicators for aircraft
  15. dstock

What do you mean by the first one?

Agreed on #2, regardless.

And, aircraft horns. My Galaxy wants to bellow like a whale.
  16. Flashtirade

Slightly easier to explain in MSP. Wish I could rotate images in more than just right angles though.
    [IMG]
  17. WTSherman

Basically, self-leveling sights like what ESFs have.
  18. dstock

Yeah, I understand what you guys mean now. For some reason, you said mil-dots, and I thought sniper scopes: I forgot this thread is in the vehicle section, lol.

Personally, I'm OK with them not rotating, I'm more upset with the sight-pictures not scaling based on what zoom you have. Or rather, it's not even that. It's hopping into someone's gunner seat and having to ask what level zoom they are using so you can account for the drop properly.

Can't the weapon info on your screen just tell you what rank zoom it is?
  19. MajiinBuu

Super-yes for the first one. It would be so much better than staring at the blinking words and wondering "I wonder if it's almost ready?" Especially really long cooldowns like Gate Shield Diffuser