Vehicle physics such a nightmare

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by OneShadowWarrior, Sep 4, 2020.

1. OneShadowWarrior

Why is it most people prefer to fly (eventhough the physics and such on aircraft compared to the original PS is bad)?

I’ll tell you why, vehicles in this game feels like a skateboard, hit a pebble and you flip or spin out of control. The heavier the vehicle the lower it should sink and be better grounded from flip factor although it might move slower climbing tracked and torque will pull it thru not make it roll back or flip, the lighter the vehicle the better the lift and climb, really the flash should be at the top of the echelon on climbing like a dirt bike, Javelins are the only moving vehicles done right because they are fun and get you to A and B, in spite of a lack of so many more choices on other vehicles. I always dread driving a Sunderer and rather pull a ANT with Turbo at least that’s something.

I think you guys have forgotten the most critical aspect in gaming for the sake of balance. It has to be fun not a choir.
    • Up x 1
  2. Penn Ace

Totally agree. The flipping of vehicles is ridiculous. I can easily flip my lightning or vanguard even my ant or harasser. What is up with the rolling lately? Something changed.
    • Up x 1
  3. Crayv

Once aircraft get out of hover mode they basically lose all physics. They have all the inertia and flight characteristics as a cinematic free floating camera.

Meanwhile ground vehicles have all the suspension and gun stabilization as a Mk1 tank, which is to say: none.

Sci-fi aircraft, WW1 tanks
    • Up x 2
  4. PlanetBound

You can drive an Ant over a small rock and flip on the side. But you can also drive an Ant over the edge from insane heights and survive with no damage if you land just right. Always a kick if you have passengers.
    • Up x 2