VEHICLE PHASING

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Deezy, Dec 12, 2012.

1. Deezy

A vehicle phasing bug was introduced in this patch, where suddenly all characters and objects (ground vehicle pads, terminals, portals, etc) disappear and you're essentially driving/flying around what appears to be an empty continent. It's as if you've entered a different "phase" of the game (WoW style). As soon as you exit your vehicle, EVERYTHING pops back into view on your screen, but your vehicle phases out and disappears. You might even see the shadow of your vehicle if you're right next to it, but he vehicle itself is invisible (phased out) and you cannot interact with it, and it has not collision.
    • Up x 1
  2. Munq

This bug was in beta too. The bug could be recreated in beta by changing the rights of a vehicle. Very annoying.
  3. Deezy

I've also noted that if by chance your vehicle doesn't phase out and you can still see it, you still cannot enter it.
  4. Gr1mace

+1
    Was eerie as all hell. 1 second engaged with 5 tanks, next second not a soul around. So I figured they got killed, rolled up to the base, got out to cap and suddenly several infantry and a MAX materialized and killed me. Maybe this is related to all the rendering issues with this game?
  5. Faidwen

Yes, this has happened to me 4 times this evening.

I would jump in my vehicle, leave a base, drive a distance, NOTHING appears on the map, or nearby, then as soon as you EXIT the vehicle, BOOM, tons of folks around, and your vehicle can / may disappear.

This appears to be some weird sort of network synchronization error.
  6. Aerensiniac

7. Lessonteacher

Ok i knew about the wierd turning vehicle thing. But right now .... vehicles are disappearing as if its despawned, players cant get in and out of them etc... Ive never had this problem before and now after the patch, happens everywhere.
  8. Deezy

Yea I never experienced this problem until after the Game Update 1.
  9. SpackMister

same problems here 2
  10. Jac70

Just happened to me.

Riding along in my Magrider when all of a sudden everyone else disappears. I knew it would be this bug but didn't know how to fix it. I got out of the Mag and it disappeared. According to the UI my gunner was still sat in it - I typed a message asking where he was but didn't get a response.

I then saw my vehicle icon on the HUD so ran after it but after running for about 1000m it disappeared. There was still about 1 minute left on the countdown timer and the icon appeared again in another place so I started to run after it but the timer ran down before I could see where it was. It appeared to be under the map!
  11. ProperBo

It's pretty freaky all right. Was on maneuvers with my platoon when I suddenly found myself completely alone in a sea of tanks. I could see them on the minimap and could hear their voices but I couldn't see hide nor hair of them!
  12. hostilechild

Starting to think Microsoft is making this game not sony. Every patch it gets worse. Or like Cisco, fix 1 thing to break 2 more. :eek:

This is almost like the 5ft rendering issue. Vehicles are phasing way more, had it a couple times where we roll into what looked like an undefended base jump out and see lots of infantry and few tanks and a sunderer around us. Be like oh ****, but their sunderer died:p I am sure they were like w t f also.

Since 12/12 patch my fps was slightly better, but i account that to the fact it seems like i was getting 1/3 of the player updates as before. It made them look like they were skipping around even though i had 60fps. Hoping this was because thousands of people were downloading a 2.5gb patch because it sure wasn't my connection (got the download in like 20min). Finally just quit. Outside techplants my gameplay had been very smooth before this patch, outside a few warpers/laggers and players from the other side of the world.
  13. Doxy

Same bug happened to me yesterday. After the textures are back, you can't seem to enter your vehicle nor repair it.
    Oh and your char is all crooked.
    Here is me tryingto repair my mag with this bug.
    [IMG]

[IMG]