Vehicle Objectives

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Kalocin, Dec 3, 2012.

1. Kalocin

As it stands, infantry is used to remove shields and cap locations...and vehicles just sit there blowing up other infantry and vehicles. My suggestion is that there are objectives that only vehicles can accomplish, such as tanks destroying a barrier (picture the normal generator barriers except with a health bar), or aircraft destroying really high up objects like a communication antenna (imagine something like the radar in Tribes except only within the internal-base or something). What would this change? It would allow the game to concentrate less on blowing up infantry, and more on vehicle to vehicle combat and infantry to infantry combat. What would it accomplish? It would leave more strategy to the proper classes and squads. It's too easy to have a tank column replace infantry, and air to leave no where to hide behind.

There either needs to be more vehicle-based objectives, or more locations favorable to infantry, as this would result in a good balance of tactics and combat.

P.S. Any form of destructible buildings and such can be repaired upon base capture or through time, capping locations, spending resources etc...Picture WoW's Wintergrasp for an idea I suppose.
  2. anaverageguy

I really do not think tank drivers need more incentive to sit around in the tank instead of leaving it to help with the capture.
  3. Kalocin

People in the tanks just want easy infantry kills, and that is the problem as it ruins infantry to infantry combat and tactics.