Vehicle gunners

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Teegeeack, Dec 5, 2013.

1. Teegeeack

How do you feel when you get into an empty vehicle and your driver sucks? Say it's some random guy you don't know, and maybe he's a bad driver or maybe he's reckless and pushes forward too quick, getting both of you needlessly killed. I hate letting people into my vehicle 'cause I don't want to get them killed when I inevitably **** up.
  2. Copasetic

When I get into some random dude's tank I expect him to pretend I'm not even there, because that's what I'd do. The fun of getting to sit back and leisurely click on people for a while more than makes up for the one death, whatever the reason for it. So I'd say don't worry about it.
  3. ABATTLEDONKEY

I expect the drivers to be complete A-holes. I realy do. Most players in this game are beyond worthless.

if Im the driver, i expect anyone in my gunners slot to be fully committed to our drive. they dont have to be good, I just HATE ( HATE HATE HATE) when my gunner just gets out, and leaves me hanging. I have everything certed pretty good. freaking use it.

I have made a few friends by hopping into pubby tanks. I usually look for the AP barrel. they are usually the better tank drivers and more dedicated to hurting the enemy.
    • Up x 1
  4. OldCuban

How about when you get a gunner that does NOTHING?!?!?!

I've had that happen a couple time and it's very frustrating. Strafe an enemy Sundy and they just sit there, doing nothing.

I then proceed to dropping them off in a very unfortunate area by making my vehicle private :p .
  5. NikkoJT

This. I've actually had people jump in my Lib, wait 30 seconds for me to set WP and get under way, then just bailed and started walking. It's very, very irritating.

Also: people who have a shiny Halberd or some such on their tank, but despite being literally in a battle refuse to unlock the vehicle. Rrr.
  6. OldCuban

Just recalled another one!

How about when you're parked just outside a friendly spawn room in a highly contested area with a fully certed vehicle, only to have ALL THE FRIENDLY INFANTRY simply walk by without trying to jump in......even squadmates!

Gotta love the ignorant zerg!
  7. Koldorn

If I see a 1/2, I b-line right for it. Basilisk? PPA? A delicious saron? ... a kobolt? I'll use 'em all.
    If the driver starts over extending, or looks like he doesn't know what he's doing... I'll break out the C-word.
    Hit proxy chat, "This is your gunner speaking. Pull back a little; to many that way."
    Communication.

Most people use it so little that your pug will cease forward movement in shock, at least until he figures out what happened.

Went 38/1 during the last alert in a pug saron-mag. I am the field of vision; I am the intel. Intel = life.
    Besides. Mag's got his nose (cannon) so far to the ground of course he's going to wander around like an idiot. Poor thing's mostly blind.
  8. EViLMinD

I won't tolerate incompetence in any of my vehicles; especially, my harasser and lib. I didn't grind for days and days in order to max my guns just so some nub / scrub can goof off. My vehicles are NOT freakin' tour buses - they are murder machines. So if some dingbat hops in and either goes to sleep, lacks basic situational awareness, can't aim for poop or isn't an engineer (not concerned if it's my Gal... or Vanguard... mmm... depends) - their hide is getting 86'd.

When I'm the gunner, I'm as dedicated to vehicle as the pilot is. I'll do everything I can to keep the vehicle fighting and winning when the pilot is doing their best. But If the pilot is clueless and/or doesn't care, I'll bail when necessary.
  9. deggy

If I'm driving (which I usually am) then my vehicle is never locked.

It might be squad-only, but it's never just locked.

However, if you get into my Stealth Magrider and start firing a Halberd at nothing for no reason, I'll boot you from the tank.
  10. Lafri

When I drive my vehicles I have either my dedicated gunner or simply lock it. As 9/10 random gunners are just uhm well terribad.

When I jump into a random vehicle to gun I expect nothing more from the driver then getting both of us killed in a epic way within the next 10 seconds. Either flipping it or driving straight into the next enemy zerg guns blazing.
    Bonus points for drivers who play dubstep/gangsta rap and or yell how they fu*k everyones mom in proximity before an hero.

Btw. What about a new service from SOE to play with Smed Bucks?
    Call it simply: "Bet on the pubbi gal" How it works you ask? Well here you go:
    Enter a public gal in any Warpgate and bet on the following events: (Always best lines and spreads in Auraxis. Guaranteed!)
    A: "How many seconds pass after take-off till the pilot get's everyone inside killed?"
    B: "How?" "Crash into ground/tree, Barrel roll into the ground, crashing into a friendly lib/esf/gal, flying into the next enemy shredder/dalton lib and pilot bails in the middle of nowhere without telling the passengers"
    Last but not least we have the so called insurance: "Pilot flips the gal within the warpgate" pays 2:1 +10% bonus per TK
    More features could be: exact number of TK's, name the outfit that shot's him down, bet on the pubbi sunderer and much much more

SOE make it happen!
  11. Bulltahr

Yeah, first sign of a noob tweenie is him firing off his weapon in all directions, bye bye...................
    When I jump in someones prowler I immediately proxi them " Hi there, I'm an engie, I have some clues about gunning, I will spot you targets." Had some good runs with some pub prowlers.
    If they park right under a tower or somehwere else obviously vunerable you need to tell them, if they don't shift then I bail.................