[Suggestion] Variable Zoom/Bipod to compete with Straight-pull Bolt

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by asdfPanda, Apr 24, 2014.

1. asdfPanda

The straight-pull bolt is the default choice when choosing an attachment for sniper rifles.

To provide meaningful alternatives to the straight-pull bolt, I believe variable zoom scopes and bipods should be implemented.

Variable zoom: One could choose between two magnifications when ads. Would use the alt-fire button(default B?)

bipods: instead of crouching, the player would go prone and deploy a bipod, and have increased breath-hold or some other meaningful benefit. As a drawback, entering and exiting prone would take some time, and the lack of crouch would be detrimental in some situations.

Thoughts?
  2. Chad444

Sounds good. We definitely need an alternative to straight-pull bolt as it is a no-brainer for any sniper to have it equipped.

I think these would give snipers different rolls as well. The bipod would be for long range support, variable zoom if you are not sure what you will be up against and need to be versatile or straight-pull bolt for an assassin that always needs to watch their targets.

I have seen some people talking about HS/NV scopes as well for snipers and this could be another rail attachment so you are giving up other perks to use it.
  3. Inex

You're on the right track, but I'm hoping for something closer to what they did with prox radar. Once they saw its usage stats, they changed the slot to make it more competitive. I'm hoping they put Straight Pull in the optics slot personally. :D
  4. asdfPanda

I kinda like my TSAR with 4x and straight-pull bolt though :(
  5. Inf1nite

Now, some of you may not agree with me but this is just what I think. In my opinion, I don't want or need to blow 100 certs on a straight pull bolt attachment for three reasons.

1. I'm so used to un-scoping whenever I shoot, I don't even think to stay in scope mode, it has just become a normal reaction for me.

2. The scoped in movement speed is only 0.50. For me, I'd much rather be able to move at 100% speed to strafe enemy fire from around 50m whilst using my SAS-R, LA80, or NC14 Boltdriver, it just makes a lot more sense.

3. It is only a viable choice (to me) for a long range sniper rifle (examples are the EM4 Longshot, Parallax, Rams .50M, and AF-8 Railjack) because you don't need to strafe enemy fire from 200-300m.

Even with my quick rant about the Straight Pull Bolt, I definetely think prone should be implemented but only for infiltrator even if it means the bipod. Also, with the implants coming in, there will be an implant to help you hold your breath longer since your soldier hyperventilates all the time.