Vanu weapons

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Irrelevant--, Sep 26, 2013.

1. huller

What is this I don't even.

I have no idea what the **** is happening in this thread but as a Commissiar I feel it is my duty to excecute the OP

[IMG]

Why? only HERETICS and TRAITORS ask that question. Are you a traitor or a heretic?

[IMG]
  2. Irrelevant--

That's a poor example as a shotgun is a type of weapon, not a trait. Please explain.
  3. Irrelevant--

It can reach the highest speed so technically it's the fastest. Mag also trades speed for armor and, of course, strafe which everyone else wants.
  4. deggy

KLYPTO, ESKIMO, PHRYGEN, WE NEED YOU!

*performs obscene Vanu ritual and summons shades*

Do you guys want the ability to strafe if you have to trade your turreted gun and DPS for it?

*shades shake their heads*

Thank you.

*shades disappear*

Now, even under your amusing definition of the word "fastest", the Prowler is still the fastest. I'll give you a guide to unlock the speed potential of your Prowler, here you go. Read carefully.

Drive up on a cliff.
    Drive off the edge.
    You should be able to hit 150 KPH in a stock Prowler! The Magrider can only get to 100 when it does that.

The Prowler can hit the highest speeds. It's the fastest.

Facts you seem to be ignoring:
    Prowlers and Magriders have the same armor. Literally identical.
    Magriders do less damage per second than Prowlers and have lower projectile speed.
    Prowlers are faster in sustained velocity.
    Magriders' maneuverability is severely limited by their fixed main gun.
    • Up x 1
  5. Xasapis

Who in his right mind is using magburn against the TR and their strikers? From my understanding the majority of the magriders do not actually use it. They also tend to prefer the rival chassis, due to the improved agility that is given, further widening the speed gap between the magrider, the slowest tank in the game and the prowler, the fastest.

Do you seriously argue that the magrider is faster than the prowler? Because it is not in either the stock or most commonly certed version used.

Can we please drop the strawman arguments and look at the actual reality of the game? What exactly are you complain about? I have a suggestion for you, join the Vanu and witness first hand why they've been the least populated faction for the past nine months.
  6. phreec

Fastest AR? TR
    Fastest LMG? TR & VS
    Fastest SMG? TR
    Fastest Sidearm? TR
    Fastest Carbine? VS & NC

So 4/5 infantry weapon categories TR has access to the fastest firing weapons. Only one missing are the carbines, where the Jaguar is still the top dog.
    • Up x 1
  7. sindz

Worst dribble I've read so far on this forum

0/10.
    • Up x 2
  8. Nayrx

this is true and all SMGs need to be adjusted.
  9. Irrelevant--

1) I'm not talking about average I'm talking about fastest. Of top ten fastest only 4/10 are TR

2) Of top 20 in mag capacity, not counting the flamethrower: 4 are NC, 7 (including 1 max weapon) are VS, and 9 (including 2 max weapons) are TR. So...where's this faction trait? Two extra guns in the top 20?

Also, where are you getting DPS figures?
  10. PapaMojo

The OP is right in that the game does not conform to what the lore states. For example:

Per the wiki at http://planetside.wikia.com/wiki/Vanu_Sovereignty

And I quote: The VS weapons rely on quickly energizing a splash of plasma-like ammunition that destroys the very bonding attributes of the elements that make up the armor and the flesh of enemy combatants

As we all know, our ammo does *not* in fact destroy the bonding elements of armor or flesh. I'm not even sure our bullets are actually even plasma! I see no burn marks on the bodies of opponents. In fact, my dead enemies have bodies, and the flesh seems very well bonded...even after shooting them repeatedly. I want melted bits of flesh left when I kill my opponents. Pls fix.
    • Up x 1
  11. Cinnamon

All tanks can strafe by turning sideways but magrider has best agility in terms of crossing different terrain and changing direction of movement quickly. Some people can take advantage of that well and others can't. The ones that can't have to pay in terms of having the vehicle balanced for the ones that can.
  12. Aegie

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...=NC&sortcolid=-1&sortasc=true&rowsperpage=250

Of the highest damage per shot weapons 1 is NC 1 is TR and 1 is VS.

Of the second highest damage per shot weapons 3 are NC 3 are TR and 3 are VS.

The third highest damage per shot weapon is NS (Nanite Systems).

Of the fourth highest damage per shot weapons 2 are NC 2 are TR and 2 are VS.

The fifth highest damage per shot weapon is NS (Nanite Systems).

Of the sixth highest damage per shot weapons 1 is NC 1 is TR and 1 is VS.

Of the seventh highest damage per shot weapons 1 is NC 1 is TR and 2 are VS.

So, of the 27 highest damage per shot weapons 8 are NC, 8 are TR, 9 are VS and 2 are NS.

So...where's this faction trait? No extra guns in the top 27 and even 1 less than VS.
  13. Xasapis

I think they balance vehicles with average skilled users in mind and not the best of the best, as I think you suggest.

In any case, being able to strafe the vehicle in speeds equal to infantry running doesn't provide much of a challenge to the fast projectiles of either vanguards or prowlers. Also, the abundance of lock on rockets for TR make any kind of strafing advantage obsolete.
  14. Cinnamon

Dunno. Thing about average is that unfortunately many are worse than average while others are better.

The amount of challenge for other tanks depends on the range, terrain and how the magrider is moving.

And, this is amazing, vanguards and prowlers are also vulnerable to dumbfires and AV mana turrets as well as lockons.
  15. Irrelevant--

Highest Damage LMG? Top 5: 4/5 are NC. Top 10 for damage: 5/10 are NC, 3/10 are VS, and 2/10 are TR.
    Fastest LMG? Top 5, 3/5 are TR. Going top 10: 5/10 TR, 4/10 VS and only 1 is NC.
    Fastest SMG? Fastest is TR with 896/rpm however it has a mag of 30 rounds. The next TR SMG is 800/rpm. VS/NC have SMGs with 850/rpm and 50 round mags. Where's large mag trait?
    Fastest sidearm? lolk. The TX1 Repeater is burst fire, and it has the lowest damage of any pistol.
    Fastest AR? TR does have the fastest, with 845/rpm. However, all factions have an AR with 800/rpm. Why? High RoF shouldn't be an "everyone's a winner" kinda thing.
    Fastest Carbine? VS and NC both have a carbine that fires at 845/rpm. TR does NOT have the fastest carbine, like you said. VS also has one that fires at 800, as does the TR. So out of the carbines that fire at or above 800/rpm, only 1/4 is TR. Where is faction RoF trait? Also, in top 5 for damage: 4/5 are NC and 1 is VS. In top 10 for damage: 6/10 are NC, VS and TR each have 2.

You can't say the Jaguar is the best based on gameplay but disregard the stats, then use stats to back up your other arguments.
    Out of Planetside's 19 carbines it is 7th in RoF, 17th in bullet dmg max, 18th in bullet speed, 12th in vert. recoil, 17th in first shot recoil, etc.
  16. Izriul

Gee, if only there were a site where just about anyone could enter descriptions.

Oh wait, there is! That would be wiki. Also the prowler doesn't have the least amount of armour. It has less than the vanguard but the same as the magrider.

Also, since when has fastest meant most agile? You want to argue that point? Okay then, what would you say is more agile, a domestic dog, or a domestic cat?

Do you know which one is faster?

And on average, TR have the fastest FIRING weapons. They also have the fastest tank, while VS have the most agile. TR have the fastest ESF, while VS have the most agile. What do you think could turn easier? A vehicle going 300 KPH or a vehicle of the same size, weight and whatever going 200 kph?
  17. Van Dax

You've left out a lot of numbers to intentionally skew the stats.
    armistice:30 rounds vs eridani/cyclone's 25
    hailstorm:60 rounds vs blitz/sirius's 50
    repeater is definitely one of the best pistols, burst fire high rof beats semi auto high rof in actual gameplay
    jaguar is the best performing carbine, they nerfed it hard and its still the best.
  18. Irrelevant--

21/27 are sniper type weapons, 2 are cash shop NS weapons, and 3 are identical battle rifles. Did you mean damage per shot, or damage per second?
  19. Aegie

Damage per shot.

Average DPS (damage per second) across Carbines, ARs, LMGs, and Pistol goes TR>VS>NC.
  20. Irrelevant--

Armistice: I was talking about highest RoF. And 5 rounds is really a game changer anyway.
    Hailstorm: lower Rof than blitz/sirius. 10 rounds is really a game changer, right?

You can't use a subjective opinion to argue against stats.