Vanu Sovereignty factions best Sniper.

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Puukainais, Nov 23, 2012.

1. BLKThumb

They are all op so any one is a good one
  2. wtfhax

V10 hands down
  3. grin

Except that you can get 1x to 6x scopes and it has no breathing sight wobble. No holding shift to steady it. The iron sights are so well aligned that it's not really that hard. This is coming from a primarily short range infiltrator.
  4. Grotpar

Oh, this is interesting.
    So it's technically a bolt action scout rifle? I should try that, but I think I'll wait, just to make sure they didn't make a mistake with this weapon.
  5. grin

Nyx has no perceivable horizontal recoil so a forward grip wouldn't be very useful. Laser dot is the only useful rail mod.

Which nyx are you using? The launch nyx does have a hipfire crosshair. It looks like this vvv
    [IMG]
  6. grin

Yeah it does the same damage and has a slightly higher ROF(.925round/sec) versus the V10(.833round/sec). This gives it about 11% higher dps. It also has a 3.2s reload time compared to the V10's 4.0s.
  7. Trysaeder

The ghost is the VS version of the TSAR-42 and SAS-R. Low mag sights with slower bullet velocity and faster reload speed.

I thought the V10 was meant to have the fastest rechamber time, at 1.25 seconds compared to the 1.35 seconds of the scout rifle.
  8. grin

Sorry my bad, I used the wrong rof number. Should be 1 round per second. Wouldn't this make that a 1 second rechamber time?
  9. ghnurbles

I can't stand sniper rifles (or scopes > 2x), so I gave both the Artemis and Nyx a whirl:
    • The Artemis is decent at short range, but I found it far too weak at medium/long ranges to be worth using.
    • The Nyx isn't quite as good in close quarters as the Artemis, but is good enough, and is quite good at medium/long ranges to boot (2 headshots for a kill is very tidy for a weapon that is iron-sights by default) I used it a lot today, and it has become my Infiltrator weapon of choice.
  10. deusex2

Except that somebody is full of it-there is no x6 scope for Ghost. The highest scope available to Ghost is x4 and swaying is present even with iron sights. That's right, not only that you have to manually un-scope and re-scope between shots, but you also have to hold shift in order to be able to hit something with that gun.
  11. grin

Ahh, I got confused with the Nyx certs. You are correct it has only up to 4x. I checked again and you are right about the wobble. It just isn't as apparent without a very long range scope.
  12. Outake

i use the TR 100 cert bolt-action for sniping long range
    then i use the full-auto scout for everything els cuz, scout + knife = win

if only they fixed the cloaking..
  13. MadTwit

Remember guys, it's all about those sidegrades. The V10 is definatly not better than the V98.

*written as a frugal player with little time to play
  14. Rasui

So, Phantom Vs Nyx. Which rifle should I go for?
  15. vorttam

Why is everyone saying V10 over the XM98? When the in-game stat comparison showing XM98 has same everything just faster reload time. Going by that the XM98 is a no brainier right? Unless I am missing something
  16. Tyzh

The in-game stats are awful, misleading, and useless.
  17. Eyeklops

I hardly snipe, but I did buy the Parallax and it seems ok for 12X usage. Why nobody here mention that gun?
  18. vorttam

By what proof? Cant believe the dev's would make something that miss leading and inaccurate
  19. Adamar09

Didn't exist when most of these posts were made.
  20. Sumguy720

As far as value per certification point goes, the 100 cert bolt action is definitely my favorite. I've accumulated like 700 certs since I started playing and instead of just hoarding for that crazy nearly-zero-bullet-drop parallax or the V10 I invested in the extra ammunition slots for the infiltrator suit.
    I have no problem hitting stationary targets at long ranges with the 12x scope on my (XM98?) and my biggest problem is running out of ammo when I get to a good position.

Of course I'd say the parallax and V10 are all around better rifles than the XM98, but for the frugal F2P player I think you get the most gameplay payoff for the cheaper rifle.